WiFi Connection iPhone 8 Plus
1129 3 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bentonbr
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I just recently picked up a Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Controller has the WiFi. When trying to connect with my phone it say's unsecured connection and the WiFi Symbol will not come up. However when I run the DJI Vision App on the Phone it shows it as being connected there. I am waiting on the Data Cable to come from Amazon so I can check firmwares. My iPhone is running 11.2.5. So my question is this, Do I really need to worry about the WiFi symbol not coming up. Also is there ways to check firmware on Drone, Controller and WiFi with out the Data Cable? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bentonbr, please don't be worried about the WiFi symbol, the WiFi you are connecting has no internet in fact. And for the firmware, when you connect the drone and RC and app, go to Settings -- About, then you will see the firmware on there. Hope it helps.
2017-12-24
Use props
Bentonbr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-24 22:23
Bentonbr, please don't be worried about the WiFi symbol, the WiFi you are connecting has no internet in fact. And for the firmware, when you connect the drone and RC and app, go to Settings -- About, then you will see the firmware on there. Hope it helps.

Thank you very much. I was just concerned cause on my old iPhone and daughters iPad Mini the WiFi bars showed up. When I recently took it out to fly and was no were near my home WiFi it automatically connected to the Drone which made me feel better. I'm weird that way.
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bentonbr Posted at 2018-1-20 16:13
Thank you very much. I was just concerned cause on my old iPhone and daughters iPad Mini the WiFi bars showed up. When I recently took it out to fly and was no were near my home WiFi it automatically connected to the Drone which made me feel better. I'm weird that way.

Haha, that's good to be cautious while flying and ensure the flight safety.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules