Lens Filter
1083 10 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nun_ya_bez
lvl.1
United States

Have tried every suggestion I can find on the net on how to remove the factory filter.. Still cant get it off. What are my options?
Help
2017-12-17
Use props
nun_ya_bez
lvl.1
United States

Lens Filter

Wanna replace my factor filter with a polarised one. I have tried every tip on the net with no results. Factor still will not come off.. What are my options now? HELP..
2017-12-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Is this a new one?

If all the internet options didn't work (i.e. Rubber band, tape, gloves, hot towels, lube, Flexiclamp wrenches, etc.), likely the threads are galled up or perhaps stripped.  I have returned a new one for the same thing as it would only loosen maybe 1/8 turn before seizing up.  Going back and forth didn't make it freer, so off it went.  If it's new, exchange it.  Good luck.

2017-12-17
Use props
nun_ya_bez
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-17 11:48
Is this a new one?

If all the internet options didn't work (i.e. Rubber band, tape, gloves, hot towels, lube, Flexiclamp wrenches, etc.), likely the threads are galled up or perhaps stripped.  I have returned a new one for the same thing as it would only loosen maybe 1/8 turn before seizing up.  Going back and forth didn't make it freer, so off it went.  If it's new, exchange it.  Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.. I have tried the Rubber Band, Gloves, tape and string.. I have not seen the Hot Towel, Lube and flexiclamp. I will look online and see if I find video of these. I hope something works because this sucks!
2017-12-21
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

You could try soft jaw plumber's pliers, as in the link below;

https://www.toolstation.com/shop ... a06R-BoCfNcQAvD_BwE
2017-12-21
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried a strap wrench? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Bo ... olour/dp/B00096JDJY
2017-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just remember to grip it quite lightly, they are delicate and a tight grip distorts it very slightly when gripping, making it harder to remove.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can use a tissue or cotton pad, use your left hand to fix the camera, then use your right hand to turn the filter in the counterclockwise direction, then it will be removed. See if it helps.   
2017-12-24
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Try putting a rubber band around the lens and twisting, after you have one of your hands to hold the camera in place so you don't break the whole darn thing
2017-12-24
Use props
Spill-Control
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-24 21:17
You can use a tissue or cotton pad, use your left hand to fix the camera, then use your right hand to turn the filter in the counterclockwise direction, then it will be removed. See if it helps.

You can use Spill Kits to remove filter because the spill kits absorb the filter dust and liquid.
https://www.spill-control-products.co.uk/category/spill-kit  
2019-5-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

The 3 Pro is similar ... if you grip it hard as another says - it locks up as it distorts.
2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules