Acceptable Mavic Propellor slack?
1853 14 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone noticed slight play or slack if you prefer with their propellors when fitted to a varying extent? The reason I ask is that I purchased a set of the new low noise props for my Mavic pro. The standard props have a similar amount of movement. If I hold the motor and apply a light clockwise then anti clockwise twist movement on top of the prop hub, I can feel a slight amount of slack that varies across the 4 motors.  It's probably reasonable to expect a level of movement for a manufactured plastic component. Your views would be appreciated given a single prop failure would prove catastrophic. DJI admin - Your technical advice to clarify would also be appreciated.
2017-12-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Definitely no slack in any of my props and they probably have nearly 50 hours on them.
2017-12-17
Use props
CalvinC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267831 ft
United States

Absolutely no slack on mine either.
2017-12-17
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 487480 ft
Thailand

I wouldn't worry about it since the motors only turn in one direction, the force applied to the props in flight will be mostly on one side so they won't wiggle anyway.
2017-12-17
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wouldn't use those new low noise props then and there shouldn't be any play upon installing the props.
2017-12-18
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I wonder if that's been causing the erratic flights people have complained about when using the low-noise props with the original Mavic...
2017-12-18
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I haven't flown mine yet with the new props  as yet. I have no doubts a Mavic swallow  dive with multiple twists would not be pretty!  I appreciate all your comments.  DJI admin advice?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Celsus, would you mind providing me with a short video of it for a better confirmation? Thank you so much of your help.
2017-12-24
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

i have to say mine are the same, if you grab the motor and try to turn the prop left then right while keeping the motor still, there is a very small play only on a couple of the rotors, it's the same for the low noise props.
The movement is only very slight less than .5 mm at the tip of the rotor. Mavic flies fine so i'm not worried.
2017-12-25
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sim-Y Posted at 2017-12-25 12:45
i have to say mine are the same, if you grab the motor and try to turn the prop left then right while keeping the motor still, there is a very small play only on a couple of the rotors, it's the same for the low noise props.
The movement is only very slight less than .5 mm at the tip of the rotor. Mavic flies fine so i'm not worried.

I don't think it would be problem either, it would be nice to know if there was a DJI defined tolerance that was acceptable. Thank you for checking and responding.
2017-12-25
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-24 22:58
Celsus, would you mind providing me with a short video of it for a better confirmation? Thank you so much of your help.

A video would not show the slack as it's very slight. Are the technical team able to advise given the description?
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Celsus Posted at 2017-12-26 02:04
A video would not show the slack as it's very slight. Are the technical team able to advise given the description?

I tried my drone, and I do notice a very slight slack, but the seems the propellers are mounted very tight on the motor. I will confirm it with our engineers and will get back to you if I hear anything from them. Thank you for bringing us the attention.
2017-12-27
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 00:59
I tried my drone, and I do notice a very slight slack, but the seems the propellers are mounted very tight on the motor. I will confirm it with our engineers and will get back to you if I hear anything from them. Thank you for bringing us the attention.

It would be good to get a response from your engineers. Thank you
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Celsus Posted at 2017-12-28 07:54
It would be good to get a response from your engineers. Thank you

Hi Celsus, our engineers confirm that if the drone works properly with the low noise propellers, then no worries. Thank you for your feedback.
2018-1-2
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dji Thor, Did they specify a level of tolerance?
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules