How do I know if my battery is under warranty?
11225 4 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

Okay, so I bought this Mavic Pro from a guy. Not sure when it was purchased, but I bought it a few days ago. It came with 3 batteries and one appears to have a bad cell and is inoperable. it worked a couple times over the past two days, but seems to be having issues.

I am going to let it totally drain and then try to recharge it and see how it does, but it states in the screen in the DJI app it has only been charged 20 times, which seem a bit low to me to go out.

So, curious what the "norm" is on this sort of thing or if I am out of luck and going to have to buy a new one.

Oh, I should add, the guy I got it from, evidently, got one of those "Neary" contracts.. knew nothing of it till afterwards.... go figure.

Thanks.

Russ

2017-12-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The warranty on the battery is only 6 months, so if it's older than that you're out of luck, and even if it isn't you'd have to have proof of purchase from an authorized DJI dealer to get a warranty replacement.

Oh, I should add, the guy I got it from, evidently, got one of those "Neary" contracts

If you mean Neary Aerial, I'm afraid that won't help either, as Neary is out of business. Going forward you should seriously consider a "drone" personal articles policy from State Farm. It's available in most states for a nominal amount ($60 for most people), with California and Massachusetts  being the two exceptions I know of, and it covers pretty much every imaginable scenario.
2017-12-17
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Oh, I am calling them tomorrow.. heh, just trying to figure out a way to get another battery and sd card atm.. i.e. best place / price / support.

Not a huge deal, I am already having more fun with this than I thought I would

Also trying to find easier software to edit the videos with. The DaVinci software is way too confusing atm and the dji app only adds what it thinks is worth adding, or so it seems. Probably do not know how to use that either

Russ

p.s. thanks ;)

2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Russ, we count the warranty according to the date on the invoice. So please kindly contact the seller to ask for the invoice. And please refer to DroneFlying's reply on 2#, the battery has 6 months warranty. So if you had tried to do a battery charging cycle but the app still has a battery error, please send it back if it is under warranty. Please contact our support for a further help. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks
2017-12-17
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

No worries, already ordered a new battery lol.. and looking to order 2 more, just in case We spent a lot of time flying around yesterday.. had a blast and will update with a video soon.

Thanks guys!

Russ
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules