Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Repair Tips?
3705 10 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans899a4acf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5968 ft
United States

New to this forum, but I have been happily flying my Phantom 2 Vision+ for many years now. I have always been a very careful pilot, but unfortunately, my first crash ever recently broke the gimbal. I was hopeful I could fix this myself for just $10, since it looked like only the flex cable was broken, but after carefully following the instructions on how to replace the broken flex cable with the new one, I had no luck. The gimbal now behaves erratically on startup, and the remote app reports that the Phantom think the gimbal lock is still in place.
I am a bit at a loss what to do next. I found full gimbal+camara replacement sets online, but the prices for these are not proportional to what my old Phantom is worth nowadays. Also, I am of course not completely sure the problem is not elsewhere. I could send the Phantom in for repairs, but again I am not sure if the cost is still worth it.

So I was hoping that perhaps someone on this forum has some ideas on what to try next. Any suggestion on how to debug the camera to find out what is wrong (the assistant software gave me no clue so far). Are there ways to get used spare parts for a better price somehow?

Any suggestion welcome. Thanks in advance.

--
Aart

2017-12-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There was a guy on eBay selling NIB gimbal/camera assembies for $135 a couple weeks ago.  You might keep an eye out.

2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Aart, we'd suggest to send it in for fully check and diagnosis. We will offer you solutions according to the damage assessment result: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Was the ribbon cable an original DJI part?
2017-12-19
Use props
aartbik
lvl.1
United States

Thanks all for the replies!

Watching ebay for affordable gimbal+camera deals is a good idea. Also, even though I assumed the replacement cable I bought on Amazon was an original DJI part, the packaging looked pretty generic, so maybe not. Did anyone here had a bad experience with different types of replacement cables?
2017-12-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I think most people on here don't even know what a P2V+ looks like up close
2017-12-19
Use props
fans4458752e
New

Canada

I am having this exact problem after replacing my ribbon with an amazon ribbon. I get a slow flashing red light on the gimbal aswell. Any ideas??
2018-1-26
Use props
aartbik
lvl.1

fans4458752e Posted at 2018-1-26 05:27
I am having this exact problem after replacing my ribbon with an amazon ribbon. I get a slow flashing red light on the gimbal aswell. Any ideas??

Alas not. I guess we are both in the market for a used camera now
2018-3-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Check this guy's items out.  I've bought from him several times

http://stores.ebay.com/RPM-Aucti ... amp;amp;_nkw=camera
2018-3-31
Use props
aartbik
lvl.1

aartbik Posted at 2018-3-31 14:25
Alas not. I guess we are both in the market for a used camera now

I can't believe this is more than a year ago, but I finally got a working camera from e-bay for a reasonable price. My DJI Phantom 2 vision+ is working again. Yeah! Of course I could not help myself and also bought a DJI Mavic Pro in the meantime, so I have now two excellent drones in working condition!

2019-9-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer

Congrats!!
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules