Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
All 4 lights steady red...what to do?
12503 24 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

HI,today i tried desperetely to make my first flight and after going thru all the set up procedure all 4 lights went to steady red! Did restart but lights still in bright red!! I guess red means "no good". Any of you familiar with this kind of problem? Would appreciate any help, thanks. BTW I have spark combo paired with mini  ipad 4.

2017-12-17
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Per the manual solid red indicates critical error.
No other information given, sorry, not much help from me.
2017-12-17
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

CabinPete Posted at 2017-12-17 16:18
Per the manual solid red indicates critical error.
No other information given, sorry, not much help from me.

Thanks a lot anyway,start also getting red of anger ...kidding
2017-12-17
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Do a search there are many threads regarding red lights, rear, critical error.
2017-12-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are the batteries fully charged?
What is the app telling you?
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Hobby. Any error message from your app? Did you crash it? Please provide more info for further check.
2017-12-18
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-17 16:54
Are the batteries fully charged?
What is the app telling you?

yes ,battry full ,rc full no problem . problem occured while doing my set up for first flight at begining light flashing green yellow or so and everyting went smoothly then ...all 4 steady red!! Strange is in the app i was able continue following instruction( even got notified to update,what i did). start page from spark says download complete but going into menu from flight modus in "status aircraft" it says "download new firmware from DJI GO (wondering why not DJI GO 4!!) I guess the NEW firmware has been updated fron internet succesfully (has been confirmed) BUT as there is problem with spark ,I could not get new firware from app to spark. IMO ....what do u think? Thanks for concern ...appreciate.
2017-12-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

If you not having a iPhone, you need to update the sparks firmware via computer and dji assistant software
2017-12-18
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-18 01:05
Hi, Hobby. Any error message from your app? Did you crash it? Please provide more info for further check.

Bonjour Elektra,APP says new firmware spark 01.00.0800 download completed and going into flight menu  click on upper bar to get into "status a/c" it says"need to update from DJI GO homepage"(weird not saying Dji go 4)! NO crash what so ever.Did retry but lights still red!Guess all fly more combo will go back to shop where I bought it from cos I start getting annoyed . Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you very much for your time.
2017-12-18
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-18 03:25
If you not having a iPhone, you need to update the sparks firmware via computer and dji assistant software

spark combo paired with a mini I PAD 4. no good as well? thx for comment.
2017-12-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

hobbydroner Posted at 2017-12-18 04:12
spark combo paired with a mini I PAD 4. no good as well? thx for comment.

Is the iPad be able, to do mobil data when direct connected to the Spark via wifi?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

hobbydroner Posted at 2017-12-18 04:03
Bonjour Elektra,APP says new firmware spark 01.00.0800 download completed and going into flight menu  click on upper bar to get into "status a/c" it says"need to update from DJI GO homepage"(weird not saying Dji go 4)! NO crash what so ever.Did retry but lights still red!Guess all fly more combo will go back to shop where I bought it from cos I start getting annoyed . Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you very much for your time.

Please try to upgrade the firmware of spark through DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us updated. Here is the video:
2017-12-19
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

your batteries are not charged or fixed improperly...
2017-12-19
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-18 05:21
Is the iPad be able, to do mobil data when direct connected to the Spark via wifi?

ouch I do not think so ,thx for reply
2017-12-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

hobbydroner Posted at 2017-12-19 08:41
ouch I do not think so ,thx for reply

If it has a simcard, I think it can.
Just uses a lot of mobil data MB!
iPhones can, and that is because of the iOS, so:
Do you have a wifi only model or ....?
2017-12-19
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-19 08:46
If it has a simcard, I think it can.
Just uses a lot of mobil data MB!
iPhones can, and that is because of the iOS, so:

yes I hv only wifi no sim card in it in the I PAD 4 but tomorrow i will get spark back to the shop and they can take a look at it ,will keep u guys updated how story ends up ,thx
2017-12-19
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-19 03:00
Please try to upgrade the firmware of spark through DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us updated. Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Psa4hAImKw

Thank u so much for ur support and concern. Today I went back to the shop where I bought spark combo and guess what... he told me that the spark has NOT been connected to the RC by the manufacture (normaly it is when you buy the combo pack) .Anyway,I saw it airborn in the shop and back home I hope it will work. Again thanks for ur help and I am sure this will not hv been my last problem to fix. "THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS,ONLY SOLUTIONS."  
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

hobbydroner Posted at 2017-12-20 03:26
Thank u so much for ur support and concern. Today I went back to the shop where I bought spark combo and guess what... he told me that the spark has NOT been connected to the RC by the manufacture (normaly it is when you buy the combo pack) .Anyway,I saw it airborn in the shop and back home I hope it will work. Again thanks for ur help and I am sure this will not hv been my last problem to fix. "THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS,ONLY SOLUTIONS."

You are welcome. Please keep us updated, we are willing to help.
2017-12-21
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 00:06
You are welcome. Please keep us updated, we are willing to help.

For sure I will and realy looking forward for my first flight (grounded for 2 weeks now due to weather). I wish you all a happy x smas and a happy new year 2018 full with new Drone pictures.
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_xRTSCYE
New

Canada

Happydroner- what exactly they did to resolved the problem? having same issue.
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_0hzNvSO
lvl.2
United States

His problem was remote controller not linked to SparkIn the DJI Go software help there are instructions on how to link them. Good Luck
2017-12-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Here is the RC to AC linking video

2017-12-26
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

lannes Posted at 2017-12-26 16:55
Here is the RC to AC linking video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8

Appreciate so much your help,and by now I got spark airborn at last. But now I got a weather issue...got to be patient .Thanks and happy new year.
2017-12-29
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Whatever the reasons behind the red lights, congrats on having Sparky flying
2017-12-29
Use props
djiuser_vlSzbFnLqdTZ
New
Australia

ANSWER - Apart from the shop fixing the drone, there doesn’t appear to be any answer within this thread.

I had the same problem (four solid red lights), and I had to reset the wifi on the drone. To do this, switch the drone ON … then hold the button down until you hear one beep, then you hear two beeps, then you hear three beeps, then release the button. This reset the wifi and I was able to connect the iPhone to the Spark without a problem.
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules