Phantom 4 already retired by DJI
1094 5 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

I am wondering if DJI already gave up the Phantom4 series, because theree is NO seriously attempt to correct the faulty firmware. ? Just using BETA software on some selected owners, dose not mean give support. Instead new firmware for other new products are released faster.
I know..a downgrade helps, but u have to cut of internet and can't use any online service such as the editor.either can upload your flights.

Anyway it would be a better signal of DJI to tell us they give up the product then let us uphanging.
Btw., ghost drone is a good way out.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello sir, may I know the issue of your using the drone? Release the beta doesn't mean we give up the product, the beta is for solving the specific known issue, as you can see, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic pro will also have the beta firmware.
You can have the app connected to the internet and can use the online features. Could you please provide me with the trouble that you encountered so I can try to help? Thank you so much.
2017-12-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-18 01:03
Hello sir, may I know the issue of your using the drone? Release the beta doesn't mean we give up the product, the beta is for solving the specific known issue, as you can see, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic pro will also have the beta firmware.
You can have the app connected to the internet and can use the online features. Could you please provide me with the trouble that you encountered so I can try to help? Thank you so much.

Hello Thor,

Thank you for reply. The use of my phantom4 is to make elevated pictures and videos.

With the last update, I rolled it back already, the p4 was unstable, bucking, the gimbal was tilting right up, very aggressive on brake and speeding up, Wi-Fi iterferencen alarms, huge no flight zones so I can't use (before smaller size ),  flight time shortens, distance of transmission shortens.

What me really makes mad is that befor update is promised the option to roll back, after update this option is gone so it is not so easy to roll back. Furthermore the drone is contiusly using my data of my cellphone to report fligh information "back home"  (thats why us military do not use anymore), without telling me or asking me. The new update gives a lot control to dji to see what i do- that was not the deal when i bought it. The new  Terms and Conditions are so completely different then this when I bought, so basicly all responsibility is now to the client and the factory has none.
This sort of change is against the customer-protection-law of my country, Germany, and I can't accept them.
My wish is to stay with the "old" firmware and APP, without that DJI gives the pressure to update, or even as I it is, try to shut down my App by command of their servers. There is made a valid contract on day of purchase.DJi promised used a product with features, not with the will to shut down if I don't do what their say. This will brake a contract and I must deal then with.
So please, tell me how to use my app with all feature my android as it was promised, without that attempts of the company to shut it down. That would be helpful.

Btw: with the old firmware the drone flys as promised.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

T-R Posted at 2017-12-22 20:15
Hello Thor,

Thank you for reply. The use of my phantom4 is to make elevated pictures and videos.

If you don't upload the flight data manually, we won't sync your data automatically, so may I know more details about the "Back Home" case you mentioned above?
For the No Fly Zone, all unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) operators must abide by all regulations from organizations such as the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) and any other applicable airspace regulations in their area. In order to increase flight safety and prevent accidental flights in restricted areas, DJI has introduced a No Fly Zones feature to help everyone use their DJI products safely and legally. And it is also users responsibility to follow the fly safety regulations.
And if you had rolled the firmware back and you don't update the firmware for the Phantom 4, you can keep it staying in the old version. But we will always suggest users update it.
For the features of the DJI GO 4 app, if the sources are coming online, it can not acquire the sources. With the latest app, you only need to log in your account once if you don't sign out or reinstall the app, once you log in, you don't need the internet to fly. Hope it provides you with some info.
2017-12-23
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251165 ft
Bangladesh

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-23 00:44
If you don't upload the flight data manually, we won't sync your data automatically, so may I know more details about the "Back Home" case you mentioned above?
For the No Fly Zone, all unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) operators must abide by all regulations from organizations such as the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) and any other applicable airspace regulations in their area. In order to increase flight safety and prevent accidental flights in restricted areas, DJI has introduced a No Fly Zones feature to help everyone use their DJI products safely and legally. And it is also users responsibility to follow the fly safety regulations.
And if you had rolled the firmware back and you don't update the firmware for the Phantom 4, you can keep it staying in the old version. But we will always suggest users update it.

Dear Mr. Thor,
Greetings. As a DJI consumer i really do not have any objection nor any kind of disrespect but you must agree that every Phantom 4 owners have been bothered as well suffered sooooo much due to DJI's negligence and irresponsible attitude towards its old customers..Its been more than half of a year (Currently SEVEN MONTHS) since you people have messed up with the FW update  but still no official acceptance from DJI nor any kind of initiative to resolve the issue. Which law you are talking about????
Letting us buy your products with dazzling shouting of commercials all over the media and after that simply let us get rotten with $ 15k-2k worth hardware!!!
People do not go through MOD just to break law only but to make the bird perfect which you were supposed to take care of!!  MOD does not break laws but it help people to recover their source of income who had been setting up their profession considering DJI Phantom 4 the media.
But all went down. This is my official 2nd(Brand New) P4, there was another but bit used i bought. Almost one after other there were issues with FW/APP/YOUR LAWS/YOUR Writing Storie etc etc...I have almost lost my clients just because both of my birds were so troublesome since the FW update. i Had received one Beta .600 FW by an DJI Admin in my Assistant App. I could only upgrade one bird with one battery but it was vanished from Assistant 2 by the time i intended to upgrade all my batteries and other bird. Still waiting but no response from DJI.....
It will be very much appreciable to provide us  concrete solution rather than teaching us LAWS of UAV operators... Hope you must have understood our agony but still we do believe that DJI will take care of its old pals again.
rRegards.

Zia
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans29d8b6aa Posted at 2018-1-13 13:00
Dear Mr. Thor,
Greetings. As a DJI consumer i really do not have any objection nor any kind of disrespect but you must agree that every Phantom 4 owners have been bothered as well suffered sooooo much due to DJI's negligence and irresponsible attitude towards its old customers..Its been more than half of a year (Currently SEVEN MONTHS) since you people have messed up with the FW update  but still no official acceptance from DJI nor any kind of initiative to resolve the issue. Which law you are talking about????
Letting us buy your products with dazzling shouting of commercials all over the media and after that simply let us get rotten with $ 15k-2k worth hardware!!!

Zia, I've read your replies in other's post and sorry for the inconvenience. As I mentioned before, a message will pop up if the battery need upgraded. Otherwise, there is no need to upgrade. Anyway, I've forwarded your DJI Account to the designated team more than once, hope this may relieve your concern.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules