So how does your bird fly after the update????
123Next >
5719 80 2015-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys, I'm reading around in the forum and I mainly only see people talking about updating the firmware...BUT HOW DOES YOUR INSPIRE 1 FLY NOW AFTER THE UPDATE? Mine flew great and has NO problems? What about you??? How does your bird fly????
2015-4-16
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Just came back from flying three batteries worth over at the local park - she flies BEAUTIFULLY!
Not a single GPS dropout or TBE to report!
2015-4-16
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

It doesn't fly now.  Flew yesterday wonderfully but after update . . . . . dust collector.  Been working on it since 10:00 am this morning.  Two chat sessions with the 24 hours support line (really????) and two calls to tech support both times telling me to do the same thing I had tried 3 times before I called them..  Have tried it 8 times since.  No luck.  Nothing but lip service from DJI.  What a crock!!!!!
2015-4-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Why is there so much conflicting experiences with this new update?  AGAIN?
2015-4-16
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Flew 3 batteries with one GPS drop on first few seconds of flight on the first battery but after that GREAT!!!
2015-4-16
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-17 09:31
Flew 3 batteries with one GPS drop on first few seconds of flight on the first battery but after tha ...

Did you calibrate before each flight?
2015-4-16
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

captdkp Posted at 2015-4-17 09:21
It doesn't fly now.  Flew yesterday wonderfully but after update . . . . . dust collector.  Been wor ...

Post a video of how you are updating and we can help you
2015-4-16
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Update went without a hitch.  Flew four batteries worth.  Behavior is perfect.  

App in running on an iPad Air 2.
2015-4-16
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

I am using an Ipad Mini 2, I find lots of lag.  Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the view to "catch" up.  Is this typical with Ipad mini 2?  Do you really need something as beefy and an Ipad Air 2?
2015-4-16
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

The aircraft updated successfully.  The RC Controller is the problem.  RC power off. Jump drive (freshly formatted and reformatted and reformatted  . . . ..) re-download the 1.2.1 bin file.  Plug into RC controller.  Power on controller (just follow along with the .pdf file on how to do this from DJI) Power on, red light that stays on . . . .5 minutes later, beep, beep, beep, beep (you know the drill).  Never a blue light to show it is in progress of updating; just red from the time I turn on until the time it goes beep, beep, blah, blah.

Reformat SD card. Attempt to update RC Controller with camera on Inspire.  Same thing.  Format SD card again.  Re-download bin file from DJI website. Start process all over again. No luck.

Attach Galaxy Tab Pro (you know, the one I used yesterday like a charm before I did the update this morning), no connection.  Can not enter RC Controller name and password.  No picture.

Start all over again.  Nine times now.
2015-4-16
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

Oh, after each failed attempt, no .txt file telling me it failed.
2015-4-16
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United States

Very similar to mine except at least I have a soothing purple light on the controller. Mind you, you are much worse off as you are grounded, I had one controller succeed and the other fail. Tech support gave me a file to try and clear out the firmware so that I could re-load. It did not work but it may for you.
2015-4-16
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

Is it a gs-something?  If so, they gave that to me too.  No dice.  But, I would like to see a purple light or yellow or any other color than red.
2015-4-16
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-17 09:57
I am using an Ipad Mini 2, I find lots of lag.  Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the view to "ca ...

The iPhone 6 plus works great, and is a decent size
2015-4-16
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

I am using an Ipad Mini 2, I find lots of lag.  Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the view to "ca ...

I too had a lot of lag with my iPad Mini 2. What fixed it was setting the transmission settings to custom and choosing 4mbps. Try that and report back.  And to stay on topic, mine flies great after the update. I never had GPS loss before the update so I can't say the update helped it at all in that respect.  No gimbal twitches today for about an hour of flying.
2015-4-16
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice flight today in the bay with a little wind, no more GPS loss as before, Inspire was as steady as can be. Glad I upgraded from Phantom 2+ to the Inspire.
2015-4-16
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Have had 6 flights with the new FW - as before - no problems at all.

It is smoother and not stopping so abrupt
Landing gear raising automatically - great for me as I tend to forget it.

Nice update for a Great bird
2015-4-16
Use props
loumetzger
lvl.1

Ireland

what are the new features of this upgrade?
2015-4-17
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

loumetzger Posted at 2015-4-17 23:15
what are the new features of this upgrade?

One of the new features for me is that the update rendered my Inspire 1 inoperable.  Two chats with 24hr. tech online support and two calls to DJI tech support and after 12 hours of working on it, it is still here gathering dust.  So, for me, a new feature is the effectiveness of the Inspire to collect dust; sort of a $2900 dust rag.
2015-4-17
Use props
loumetzger
lvl.1

Ireland

I was having problems with the install until I realized I had to double click the bin file I  downloaded, and you get a WM610_FW....00.bin.cpgz file, after I did this updates installed no problem, and flew well. Hope this helps... I am using a mac.
2015-4-17
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

No problems at all.Upgrade went perfectly and it flies better then ever.Only little problem was with the first app update(android),but this was solved within 2 hrs by another app update.
2015-4-17
Use props
talenter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125164 ft
Norway

No problems here!!!
2015-4-17
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

Glad others are having success.  I finally got in touch with DJI Tech Support and talked to a real person who understood that I had followed the process perfectly and that the failure was somehow related to the updating but could not say what.  Issued me an RMA, set instructions and it is currently headed to DJI as I write this.  Didn't get his name but he knew his stuff.  Thank you Mr. (wish I knew your name). You have started me on the path of forgiveness; unless you send it back and say it was something I did!!!!
2015-4-17
Use props
stan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I flew it today and I am more than happy with this update, I noticed some improvements as compared to my previous update.
Compass calibration is faultness, and it seems very easy to get calibrated. My previous update had lot of problem in calibration, I constantly need to find the right spot to calibrate even tought it is outside

Better video downlink, today I flew over to about 1.5km, there is no single issue on the downlink video, so video loss whatover. Previously I occasionally got many corrupted video over a distant of only 500m

The speed is noticeably faster in ATTI mode than before

Mine has landing gear automatically rasie up in take off and low down in landing, no issue at all.

DJI says that we now can take off on moving platform, so I would really like to try it out. One question, should we use ATTI mode during take off on moving platform? I presume that GPS lock during take off is inappropriate on moving platform, isn't it?
2015-4-17
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Works very good so far and was out 1.2 miles.
2015-4-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-17 10:45
I too had a lot of lag with my iPad Mini 2. What fixed it was setting the transmission settings to  ...

So where do I find these settings in the DJI APP itself?
2015-4-17
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Flys well, as always.

Cant manually take off any more for some reason though which is annoying.

Landing gear kept coming down automatically when low, assume this is a new feature?
2015-4-17
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

Easy update. Flies great!! Makes me feel much more confident taking it out. Completely Satisfied....
2015-4-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

DJK Posted at 2015-4-17 10:41
The iPhone 6 plus works great, and is a decent size

Spent my load in the I1, phone is up for renewal in a few months, I will be looking at upgrading to the 6 plus just for screen size and flying with the I1.
2015-4-17
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-18 03:02
So where do I find these settings in the DJI APP itself?

click on the HD icon next to the battery icon at the top.  Click on custom for the Channel, then set transmission to 4Mbps.
2015-4-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-4-18 03:02
Flys well, as always.

No the feature has always been there.  You can turn it off now if you want to under adaptive landing gear.
2015-4-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

captdkp Posted at 2015-4-17 09:57
The aircraft updated successfully.  The RC Controller is the problem.  RC power off. Jump drive (fre ...

Have you tried to connect a USB cord to your camera with the SD card inserted, formatted with the bin file only.  That may work for you.  I have been using a USB card reader to eliminate the variability of USB drives.
2015-4-17
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-4-18 03:02
Flys well, as always.

New feature is auto gear raise on takeoff.  What do you mean by can't manually take off?  Do you always have to hit the auto takeoff button to lift off? That doesn't seem right.
2015-4-17
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-18 03:22
No the feature has always been there.  You can turn it off now if you want to under adaptive landi ...

Hey Ed, was that you in the DJI video when they were demonstrating the P3 at NAB?  They introduced that person as Ed.
2015-4-17
Use props
fjtiger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1299 ft
United States

I have had no lag issues with the iPad mini 2.
good luck
2015-4-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-18 03:12
click on the HD icon next to the battery icon at the top.  Click on custom for the Channel, then s ...

I pressed on custom but can seem to figure out how to set it to 4 mps

2015-4-17
Use props
Helipal
lvl.1

United States

There was a slider under the colored bars through iOS app 1.0.2. Someone said they may have removed this in the latest iOS version 1.0.3
I'm unsure how or if it appears in android
2015-4-17
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

Several flights today, no problems. Except the question mark at the "calibrate"-button. I wonder if this is only a reminder. I calibrated the Inspire and the next flight the sign was there again.

My first RTH went perfectly.

Climbed up to 200 m and descended by RTH.

Here is the result:

http://aero-club-1949.de/Verschi ... flugplatz_200m.html
2015-4-17
Use props
ZeroCool
lvl.2

United States

best update to date! i don't have delay/lag issues anymore. 1st time i went 400m and it was one of the best flight for me, i'm loving my inspire more!
2015-4-17
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-18 03:31
Hey Ed, was that you in the DJI video when they were demonstrating the P3 at NAB?  They introduced ...

The guy was "Sheldon" and 'Randy"  Don't think it was ED
2015-4-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules