So how does your bird fly after the update????
123Next >
5714 80 2015-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-18 03:12
click on the HD icon next to the battery icon at the top.  Click on custom for the Channel, then s ...

Boston thx for the info, once I had everything on I was able to change the settings and the video feed is much better!  
2015-4-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Helipal Posted at 2015-4-18 07:47
There was a slider under the colored bars through iOS app 1.0.2. Someone said they may have removed  ...

The slider is there only when you have both the controller and I1 turned on.
2015-4-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-18 03:12
click on the HD icon next to the battery icon at the top.  Click on custom for the Channel, then s ...

Bostonlines, thanks for the help once again!  Video is much better now thanks.
2015-4-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-18 03:31
Hey Ed, was that you in the DJI video when they were demonstrating the P3 at NAB?  They introduced ...

Yes that was me.  Edit I am not sure what video that you are refering to.  I was in several during NAB but was flying and not specifically in front of the camera.  If you saw some one answering questions on camera then it was not me.  If you see an old guy in the background flying in the cage that was me.
2015-4-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-18 05:09
I pressed on custom but can seem to figure out how to set it to 4 mps

You have to select a channel and then select a transmission rate.  You can select from 4mb/s to 10mb/s.
2015-4-17
Use props
Mbarnidge
lvl.1

United States

Flew great, rock stable and smooth. iPad air first gen. No real lag. I need more batteries.
2015-4-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-18 09:22
You have to select a channel and then select a transmission rate.  You can select from 4mb/s to 10 ...

Ed thanks as always, just figured it out, needed to have the controller AND the I1 turned on.
2015-4-17
Use props
presti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1329 ft

United States

Check this out, it may be a problem in the new Firmware v1.2.1.0, and it looks BAD

"http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12520&extra=page%3D1&lang=en
2015-4-17
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 453788780 ft
Australia

captdkp Posted at 2015-4-17 09:57
The aircraft updated successfully.  The RC Controller is the problem.  RC power off. Jump drive (fre ...

Re reformatting. Ensure its not NTFS. Hope your back in the air.
2015-4-17
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-18 09:17
Bostonlines, thanks for the help once again!  Video is much better now thanks.

NP. glad I can help!
2015-4-17
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

panox Posted at 2015-4-18 07:53
Several flights today, no problems. Except the question mark at the "calibrate"-button. I wonder if  ...

That is Damn Nice !!!

Bob -
2015-4-17
Use props
EdgyMedia
lvl.4

Japan

Just back from my first flight after the update. I ended up having to recalibrate the IMU as well as the compass, but flew like a champ. No problems at all.
2015-4-17
Use props
EdgyMedia
lvl.4

Japan

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-18 03:09
Spent my load in the I1, phone is up for renewal in a few months, I will be looking at upgrading t ...

I've been really happy using my six plus with the remote. Lots of screen space!
2015-4-17
Use props
justin.mah
lvl.1

Canada

The aircraft updated successfully.  The RC Controller is the problem.  RC power off. Jump drive (fre ...

Have you tried using another type of USB drive to load the firmware onto?
I had to go through a couple of different USB sticks before my RC recognized the firmware.
2015-4-17
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-18 03:25
Have you tried to connect a USB cord to your camera with the SD card inserted, formatted with the  ...

Yes . . .  I tried all the standard tricks DJI tells me over and over again to try.  Nothing works.  Finally got in touch with a real tech support person who understood that I had done everything all the techs were telling me to do that didn't work (at least 12 times each).  Immediately issued me an RMA and it is on its way to DJI.  As soon as it is repaired, it will be up for sale. ANY DRONE MANUFACTURING COMPANY WANT MY BUSINESS?
2015-4-18
Use props
carvercalls
lvl.1

United States

The new firmware worked flawlessly. Prior to the firmware update  I was having GPS drop out, after no drop out at all. Thanks JDI. Now I can concentrate more on getting my photo skills up to snuff..  Keep up the good work..
2015-4-18
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Sorry for others difficulties, but the update went perfectly for me as well, 10-12 min for the bird, 3-5 for the radio. It flys 100% solid, 0 GPS drops, flew inside my sunroom, outside, everything works as it should. The update also solved my "not recording raw" images problem. So count me as one of the satisfied customers.  The Inspire is really an awesome machine. When you are going full throttle, spiraling down & pull it out & level off, it's one impressive quad. Thanks DJI!
2015-4-18
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

presti@optonlin Posted at 2015-4-18 11:42
Check this out, it may be a problem in the new Firmware v1.2.1.0, and it looks BAD

"http://fo ...

Hi Presti

What was bad about it was that it was a total surprise. Now that I know about it, I'll make sure I have adequate terrain clearance when I'm near the max height.  I've reset mine to 500m now to make sure it doesn't happen in the circumstances of my original post.

It would be better if if simply refused to climb higher rather than descend to stay under the limit, but if you are aware of it you can deal with it. Other than that the update has been great, and my I1 flies beautifully.

Thanks
2015-4-18
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

It looks like everyone is happy with the firmware
2015-4-18
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

caddwizard Posted at 2015-4-18 12:05
Re reformatting. Ensure its not NTFS. Hope your back in the air.

NOPE!!!!!!  Finally got a real tech support person on the phone that immediately realized that 4 other techs only offer the same thing . . . .over and over and over and over again that did not work.  He immediately issued an RMA and it is headed to DJI right now for repair (im sure it will be 4 to 6 weeks) and I should be up and flying in about 2 months.  It will be immediately up for sale with 2 extra T48batteries as soon it gets back.  $2700 with free shipping.  HELLO 3D ROBOTICS
2015-4-18
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

I used 3 different usb flash drives before I got the master to get going on the update. The slave hooked up first time and updated immediately.
PS.. the usb card reader wouldn't work either, Ed.
2015-4-20
Use props
BPoHVoodoo
lvl.2

Germany

100% solid, but no dynamic homepoint (Use position of RC) possible.
2015-4-20
Use props
cdibona
lvl.1

United States

unable to calibrate IMU following update. App appears to have constant vertical speed while doing it on a stationary level table. vertical air speed fluctuates between 2-5 tricking the machine into thinking it is moving. Thoughts?
2015-4-20
Use props
cdibona
lvl.1

United States

IMU times out stating "aircraft has moved"
2015-4-20
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

Batteries and Tx updated without a hitch.  The aircraft itself will not update.  Get the tone immediately.  Formatted SD, used different SD, no luck.  
2015-4-20
Use props
ystrooba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280650 ft
Belgium

everything ok here... no problems at all...

UP+  for DJI
2015-4-20
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

TuonoV4 Posted at 2015-4-20 19:37
I used 3 different usb flash drives before I got the master to get going on the update. The slave h ...

Thanks Tuono.  I finally got in touch with a real tech at DJI and my inspire is on the way to LA.  Hope they get it fixed soon.  I have jobs to do.  The one question that keeps me awake . . . . . why would it take 3, 4, 5, etc. tries with different drives or (as one tech told me on the phone) up to 10 tries before update would be complete?  That is crazy!!!!!  I tried 12 times with no luck.  I know lots of people have had no problems since the 1.2.1 update and I am happy for them; just unhappy for me because I hate spending $2900 on a piece of equipment and because of something the company made or update, I am dead in the water for the next on to two months.  That is outrageous.
2015-4-20
Use props
presti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1329 ft

United States

Did anyone have a problem with the auto Iris after the update? it looks like when in sun light it will open all the way and will not adjust I then need to set it in manual and then adjust it. Anyone having this problem, it was fine before the update.
2015-4-20
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Excellent ! Tested twice so far so good.
2015-4-20
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-4-17 09:22
Why is there so much conflicting experiences with this new update?  AGAIN?

Yah well it's not always the new firmware as it's the new users Sometimes confusing themselves then claiming the birds no good or faulty etc .. Not always but enough times to confuse dji when they try to write a newer better upgrade .... After all the complaints .. I suppose there is some truth to this ...ya  think ?
2015-4-20
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-4-17 09:35
Did you calibrate before each flight?

You do not need to recal the imu or the compass for every flight this is just not true . Unless you drop the bird minor crash , hold a large magnet up to it , or leave your usual home flying area traveling a hundred or more miles just like my phantom 1 and 2 my inspire holds that info if undisturbed for who knows how long , had the inspire for some time now only recal the compass twice and the imu twice after the firmware upgrades that's it.
I've also pulled my old p1 off the shelf after nearly three months charged the old style battery and fly it with the same good compass calibration and imu held in place from months ago .  If it ain't broke don't mess with it .
2015-4-20
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

TuonoV4 Posted at 2015-4-20 19:37
I used 3 different usb flash drives before I got the master to get going on the update. The slave h ...

I've had similar experiences in the update process.
The AC updates fine from the micro sd card, but remotes required a number of attempts using a variety of (freshly formatted, bin file copied over each attempt) USB sticks. All USB sticks used were and are 100% working on the PC.

Previous upgrade, my master Tx would not initiate upgrade from any USB stick, but the supplied micro sd in a usb reader got the job done. The same reader / micro sd combo did not work on the slave tx, but one of the 'failed' USB sticks did.

This time around, the AC updated via micro sd, but both Tx would only upgrade from different USB sticks that hadn't worked last time around.

Each time the Tx upgrades start, you can see that the USB is being accessed, but the process doesn't initiate successfully. So no common thread apart from 'try lots of different USB / Microsd card and reader options until it works'!
2015-4-20
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

Can someone advise.... I asked this question in a similar thread too but haven't received a response. So is this current firmware update the result of the beta testing program that was just launched recently? Or is that beta still in testing for an entirely different update, yet to be publicly released?  
2015-4-20
Use props
twinkle_of_tenn
lvl.2

Australia

The landing gear go up automatically when take off but it won't go down when land the ground..  I have to switch it myself. What's wrong?
2015-4-20
Use props
sasoto1
lvl.1

United States

My update went smooth and it is flying great.
2015-4-21
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-17 09:57
I am using an Ipad Mini 2, I find lots of lag.  Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the view to "ca ...

Try turning on hardware decode in general settings.  This improves video quality and performance.
2015-4-21
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Flies really nice now. Some of the less-than-smooth movements seem to be gone. FPV video didn't stutter. New gear up/down works well. Very nice. Not so nervous to fly it anymore.
2015-4-21
Use props
lucas1849
New

Australia

I updated my firmware 2-3 days ago now. I took it for a fly on a very gusty day, and was very impressed how it handled and flew after the update, even in windy conditions.
unfortunately today when I took it for a fly I encountered a problem. weather was perfect today no wind at all. I lost video feed after a few hundred meters going straight ahead. when my ipad didn't show any video I stopped all movements and pressed the return to home button. all of a sudden the inspire disconnected from the controller and ipad. I haven't been able to find it since. iv scoured the area from the last point on my flight log for a couple of hours. iv never had an issue with my inspire until this new firmware update. now I'm out of pocket and unable to locate my inspire.   
2015-4-23
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Germany

Yesterday I took the time for a fly after the update and I have to say it went very smooth! No problems at all, love the auto function for the landing gear!

Flew her in GPS-Mode at a speed of 65 km/h. The only thing I've to do know is to adjust the brake settings.
2015-4-23
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 453788780 ft
Australia

lucas1849@hotma Posted at 2015-4-23 20:14
I updated my firmware 2-3 days ago now. I took it for a fly on a very gusty day, and was very impres ...

Sorry to hear. I too have had blackouts. I am able to still fly, bring it manually back straight away. Has happened a few times. Now you have me scared.

Tested the homepoint and it does work so hopefully should i need it during another blackout. By default I always set homepoint to the birds takeoff location.

DJI should not FORCE updates as businesses need to be able to continue. IT departments do not always roll out updates the moment they are released from vendors. They test and then when THEY are comfortable with the possible ramifications they then update.  DJI should know this.

Hope it comes home to you soon.
2015-4-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules