1234Next >
11550 126 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-27 07:19
Because a debate had 2 sides fella.  That’s a debate.

Yea, between those who have a problem and DJI...not people with no issues or nothing to add.

You're just another irritant....zero value.
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Boedie Posted at 2018-1-26 11:57
OTG is back for iPhone with 4.2.4!

Thank you for the information. This is a promising signal indeed also for Android. Just a matter of time.
2018-1-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-27 07:23
Yea, between those who have a problem and DJI...not people with no issues or nothing to add.

That’s funny, it seems you havent even pinged on DJI’s radar.  Can you remind me where they bothered answering any of your posts?  But alas, I’ll leave you to your misery.  Keep fighting the good fight.
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-26 07:38
First off flyaway's have not increased, we may have seen more of them simply because of increased sales of Spark, most so called flyaway's will contain some pilot error and those that don't are replaced under warranty by dji and this number is small.
Using OTG at the moment its not supported by dji yet but is reported to be working well on up to date firmware on iOS , so if your planning to use iOS then you should be ok using OTG.
For Android on up to date Software/Firmware there seems to be problems reported by users, so you may need to revert to older firmware to get the best from OTG on Android.

I agree 100%.
2018-1-27
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-27 07:23

Don't feed the troll. It's pointless to argue with it ;). Some kids just need to grow up before their parents shoud allow them to post .
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-27 07:06
"Neither really need it"

Words from someone who clearly has no idea what its like experience a Spark being unreliable beyond 50 metres.

I have been surprised that there are so many who are still having problems that we don’t see many videos up here to show what exactly is happening, I’m not doubting that they’re are problems and they are consistently around android and Europe .
I do believe that we wouldn’t have this constant arguing and I also believe that this might help those having these problems in trying to get dji engineers to treat this problem as more urgent than we have seen up to now.

So we know that most are getting video transmission loss at 50 metres it would be very easy for all those here having problems to just launch fly to distance where video loss is occurring and the post video in a thread here, I Believe this would create a much bigger impact than the same threads repeating the same mantra over and over again and ending up the with the same bickering. I also think it might get mods attention more than some of these threads.
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 08:35
I have been surprised that there are so many who are still having problems that we don’t see many videos up here to show what exactly is happening, I’m not doubting that they’re are problems and they are consistently around android and Europe .
I do believe that we wouldn’t have this constant arguing and I also believe that this might help those having these problems in trying to get dji engineers to treat this problem as more urgent than we have seen up to now.

Great proposal and I can recommend this screen recorder for producing the videos: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... creenrecorder&hl=en
Works flawlessly for me and has no ads. This way all who are suffering from problems can easily produce solid evidence to be followed up by DJI.
2018-1-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

In all seriousness, videos would help get the attention of those you are trying to reach.  Proof positive.
troll.png
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-27 08:40
Great proposal and I can recommend this screen recorder for producing the videos: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... creenrecorder&hl=en
Works flawlessly for me and has no ads. This way all who are suffering from problems can easily produce solid evidence to be followed up by DJI.

I just think this is going on to long and although I will have those who are having problems on my case for even suggesting this, I believe this needs to move on. I do believe more support and sympathy for those with problems will be given particularly from those not experiencing same problems, if we can see enough videos showing the degree of this transmission problem, then I believe it will have a much bigger impact than these threads are now having.
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 09:12
I just think this is going on to long and although I will have those who are having problems on my case for even suggesting this, I believe this needs to move on. I do believe more support and sympathy for those with problems will be given particularly from those not experiencing same problems, if we can see enough videos showing the degree of this transmission problem, then I believe it will have a much bigger impact than these threads are now having.

Exactly and I take it as a positive signal in terms of progress that OTG support is reported to be back in the iOS GO4 version 4.2.4. But the matter needs to be resolved for Android as well once and forever. Promises have been made and should be met as soon as feasable.
2018-1-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-27 09:19
Exactly and I take it as a positive signal in terms of progress that OTG support is reported to be back in the iOS GO4 version 4.2.4. But the matter needs to be resolved for Android as well once and forever. Promises have been made and should be met as soon as feasable.

Respectfully, what promises have been made?  This was always a wifi connected drone.  If the moderators made promises of bringing OTG up to engineers then that must be taken for what it is.  A suggestion.
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-27 09:33
Respectfully, what promises have been made?  This was always a wifi connected drone.  If the moderators made promises of bringing OTG up to engineers then that must be taken for what it is.  A suggestion.

Actually they have said a bit more than just bringing it to attention, we'll see...
2018-1-27
Use props
romainmalin
lvl.2
France

They advertise this and I can't get more than 80m.... And they communicate a lot on 2 km. I'll do a video when I got time. But remember thai the Spark is 599 euros here in Europe without RC. A lot or money for an 80m toy...
081546fotg0gkh2t1gykhd.jpg
2018-1-27
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-27 09:33

Well ... the restored OTG on iOS devices is one hint. The OTG cable for a Spark for DJI Goggles in DJI store is another one ;). Spark was always a drone supporting OTG connection even though unofficially. That's the reason why it got so popular. Even though not every phone supports both WiFi bands, with an OTG cable you can use pretty much anything able to run the DJI GO 4 app. And that's why it made so many people angry when they broke it. Hopefully when it is restored on iOS now the android will follow soon.

otg.jpg
2018-1-27
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

romainmalin Posted at 2018-1-27 09:56
They advertise this and I can't get more than 80m.... And they communicate a lot on 2 km. I'll do a video when I got time. But remember thai the Spark is 599 euros here in Europe without RC. A lot or money for an 80m toy...

Unfortunately Dji says lying data .. But it leaves me quiet, it is not unusual from them .. I recommend to use hacked app and OTG the no problem to fly in the EU up to 3Km ..
2018-1-27
Use props
romainmalin
lvl.2
France

Using modded app void warranty ?
2018-1-27
Use props
romainmalin
lvl.2
France

Is there a kind of trace if you use 4.1.15 modded ?
2018-1-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Unofficially being the key word...

I've owned my Spark since release.  This drone became very popular for reasons having nothing to do with an OTG cable.  Most average users have no idea what an OTG cable is.  They just want to do selfies and wow their friends with Jedi mode.
2018-1-27
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

romainmalin Posted at 2018-1-27 10:02
Using modded app void warranty ?

I really do not know and I do not care ... Replacement parts can be bought on Ebay for a fraction of the price compared to repairs in Dji and I repairs by myself .. After the experiences with Dji I no longer want anything from them..
2018-1-27
Use props
romainmalin
lvl.2
France

I bought drone and refresh... lot of money... don't want them to reject my demand in case of problem so ill stick with my 80m toy until they pay attention to android users...
2018-1-27
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-27 10:05
Unofficially being the key word...

I've owned my Spark since release.  This drone became very popular for reasons having nothing to do with an OTG cable.  Most average users have no idea what an OTG cable is.  They just want to do selfies and wow their friends with Jedi mode.

Unofficially from the beginning. Officially since the OTG cable appeared in the DJI Store ... the only problem is that marketing was faster than the engineers ;). Spark was never only about selfies. I have never heard about anyone making a selfie from 2km away (FCC rules). In another words, you are wrong once again .

2018-1-27
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

romainmalin Posted at 2018-1-27 10:11
I bought drone and refresh... lot of money... don't want them to reject my demand in case of problem so ill stick with my 80m toy until they pay attention to android users...

In that case, you will never go beyond 80 meters. Dji does not listen to his customers, let alone make some corrections to the notification and delivery of facts ... I wish you good luck while waiting.
2018-1-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have never gotten 2km away in FCC mode because I fly VLOS.  Lol, but don't kid yourself.  It's a selfie drone.  A really good one.  And making up your own rules about OTG support is just clowning.  I noticed you don't own goggles, so you can stop posting videos on how to use them.  I don't own them either.
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

romainmalin Posted at 2018-1-27 10:11

You could roll back to 4.1.15 no need for hacked app, we have already seen two cases of users loosing their aircraft while using hacked app , whether they caused crash or malfunction their warranty was void.
So you are taking the right approach, we still see all those around complaining although they say they are happy with hacked app , this is a bit ironic.
I think you should put up your video express you disappointment and hopefully you will get the support you deserve and I believe those who are maintaining the same mantra are not going to further their case, sometimes you need to take things to the next step.
2018-1-27
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29639 ft
Netherlands

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-26 23:03
Read before you decide to post something .... considering you have just insulted the entire European android user comunity (and users in some other countries as well). It may come as a surprise for you but in Europe (CE), the android devices cannot use the 5.8GHz band (it's forbidden with the exception of short range devices like indoor routers or gate openers ...). So ... we are stuck with 2,4GHz connection between the phone and RC and 5,8GHz between the RC and Spark. Another thing about CE regulation is much less broadcasting power allowed which in my case results in a stunning 50m range for spark via 5,8Ghz (ok, if I'm lucky I can get probably about 70m with some serious disconnects).

And this brings us to the point of this topic. OTG is a MUST for Europe and other countries where 5,8GHz is either severly limited by laws or even banned for good like Israel (military band). So ... I am really happy that it works on iOS and that it is not a necessity for the US but a large part of the World really feels different about it.

You can find on Facebook some interesting dji spark groups who tell you how to crack your CE and Fly in FCC.
2018-1-27
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-27 10:21
I have never gotten 2km away in FCC mode because I fly VLOS.  Lol, but don't kid yourself.  It's a selfie drone.  A really good one.  And making up your own rules about OTG support is just clowning.  I noticed you don't own goggles, so you can stop posting videos on how to use them.  I don't own them either.

So ... are you saying I am the one who put the OTG cable in DJI store ? And placed the video about connecting the Spark with the goggles via the OTG Cable on Youtube under DJI's account   ? The only clown here is you. Spark with the RC is much more than a selfie drone and in some parameters it even outperforms the Mavic pro (FOV ...). Which makes it a perfect tool for panoramas for example ;).
2018-1-27
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 10:37
You could roll back to 4.1.15 no need for hacked app, we have already seen two cases of users loosing their aircraft while using hacked app , whether they caused crash or malfunction their warranty was void.
So you are taking the right approach, we still see all those around complaining although they say they are happy with hacked app , this is a bit ironic.
I think you should put up your video express you disappointment and hopefully you will get the support you deserve and I believe those who are maintaining the same mantra are not going to further their case, sometimes you need to take things to the next step.

Do not give false hopes ... We all know very well what Dji thinks about customers in the EU. 5Ghz not solved, very little reach, non-conforming specifications, deliberate ban on OTG, unwarranted guarantees for Spark departures or falling etc ...

BTW: Much more Spark flew or fell when using the official application.

2018-1-27
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Boedie Posted at 2018-1-27 10:37
You can find on Facebook some interesting dji spark groups who tell you how to crack your CE and Fly in FCC.

Thanks, I know about that option but for now I stick with the downgraded official DJI Go 4 app 4.1.14 (I know I could use the 4.1.15 as well). It works fine with an OTG and gives me all the range I need .
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Arcicorsa Posted at 2018-1-27 10:59
Do not give false hopes ... We all know very well what Dji thinks about customers in the EU. 5Ghz not solved, very little reach, non-conforming specifications, deliberate ban on OTG, unwarranted guarantees for Spark departures or falling etc ...

BTW: Much more Spark flew or fell when using the official application.

Of course much more spark lost through using dji go4 but 99% of people are using this app it doesn’t take a genius to work that one out.
I’m not giving false hope , but it’s people like you who told people like the poster the belief that he was entitled to otg, now your telling him to risk his warranty and Care refresh for a hacked app.
Maybe the poster will have the strength of his convictions and put up his video as he said he would and if more people continue to do this then more attention could be brought to this matter.

Your own ideas of suing dji or when you said you would be returning your spark if otg wasn’t reinstated , didn’t get anyone any further down the road, so maybe a honest approach will yield a better result.

I have also an interest in getting this sorted as an owner of CS and also promised that a cable would be forthcoming for using with spark.

If you want to continue to advise people to use hacked app then it might behold you to let them know that warranty will be void if there is a malfunction.
2018-1-27
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 11:17
Of course much more spark lost through using dji go4 but 99% of people are using this app it doesn’t take a genius to work that one out.
I’m not giving false hope , but it’s people like you who told people like the poster the belief that he was entitled to otg, now your telling him to risk his warranty and Care refresh for a hacked app.
Maybe the poster will have the strength of his convictions and put up his video as he said he would and if more people continue to do this then more attention could be brought to this matter.

Excuse me, but my words are not in the wind ... I think 5Ghz was complaining about enough people, I shot videos etc .... Dji did nothing!

I do not say anywhere that when using a hacked app you will not lose the warranty, I only say that I do not know and I do not really care.

As far as Dji's announcement of violations in the EU is concerned, the authorities have been informed and all documents have been handed over to them, yesterday I was informed that due to the high load of the office I have to wait. All I document with attached documents (unfortunately in the Czech language)!

Yes, I said Spark would sell if Dji did not repair OTG and did not do it and I did not sell Spark because I found a hacked app solution with which I have no problem, so why solve it ..

COI.png
COI2.png
COI3.png
2018-1-27
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Well, at least we'll finally know whether the 5,8 GHz band is allowed or not ... I am really curious when you get your answer ;).
2018-1-27
Use props
Samuel Bona
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236102 ft
United States

Boedie Posted at 2018-1-26 11:57
OTG is back for iPhone with 4.2.4!

Yea, its true, It works amazing too! I had to borrow someones Iphone to try it out, It is 4 fold better than the android app, the interface on the Iphone is legitimately better than the Android app. It's too bad I just fried my Ipad...
2018-1-27
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 08:35

What you're forgetting is that this forum is just one place to try to get a reaction from DJI,..thiese forums are my last resort.

I personally have provided logs, videos and descriptions of the problems through the formal DJI support channels.  All I get back is the standard we are looking at it nonsense.

Some folks have posted videos on here, which have demonstrated the issue...DJI ignored it.

"I do believe that we wouldn’t have this constant arguing..."
The contsant argueing is because people (like you), are adding nothing to the debate and are actually trying to shut it down...   You cannot resist sticking your nose in, your craving for attention is childlike...

So, you've managed to do it again, you've strolled in this thread and added absolutely nothing.

Thanks again
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-27 13:32
What you're forgetting is that this forum is just one place to try to get a reaction from DJI,..thiese forums are my last resort.

I personally have provided logs, videos and descriptions of the problems through the formal DJI support channels.  All I get back is the standard we are looking at it nonsense.

Then post the video here, your becoming more unbelievable by the day, I have as much interest in this as you have, and as much to add as you have added .
Again when someone suggests something that might have the effect of getting noticed you try to shoot it down, it looks to me that maybe you are just a whiner who likes to listen to himself, where as I am trying to help get this sorted. Again if you have the proof as you say  readily available show us and plenty will support but until then you are just all mouth and no trousers.

So thank you.
2018-1-27
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 14:20
Then post the video here, your becoming more unbelievable by the day, I have as much interest in this as you have, and as much to add as you have added .
Again when someone suggests something that might have the effect of getting noticed you try to shoot it down, it looks to me that maybe you are just a whiner who likes to listen to himself, where as I am trying to help get this sorted. Again if you have the proof as you say  readily available show us and plenty will support but until then you are just all mouth and no trousers.

"Again when someone suggests something that might have the effect of getting noticed you try to shoot out down"

You actually think you are helping folk don't you?  All you are doing is asking to watch a video of it happening
I actually can't add anything, I have said many times before, I am here to maintain the profile of this issue...
    The people who ARE helping are the ones taking their own time to provide pages of documentation and the technical explanations.  This is what DJI needs to read and listen to.

There are some really articulate and technically capable people in this thread; do you seriously think that my video (Which DJI already has btw, 2 versions, they have had it for 8 weeks, along with flight logs) will get this subject more notice?
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-27 15:00
"Again when someone suggests something that might have the effect of getting noticed you try to shoot out down"

You actually think you are helping folk don't you?  All you are doing is asking to watch a video of it happening

No video because you don’t have any , maybe others will show their videos real proof not jus whinging at least I found you out.
2018-1-27
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those interested.  I just put together a video regarding the "OTG Cable" (in the USA) running the newest version of Apple IOS 11.2.5 and the newest DJI GO 4 App (vs 4.2.4).  As a few others have reported ALL IS WORKING FINE when running on iPhone in USA.  I am however aware those outside the USA (i.e. in Europe and running Android) still are unable to use the OTG Cable.  Just clarifying since this thread is getting very long and anyone new to the thread may get confused about if they are impacted or not.  Perhaps this will help some.

P.S. Personally, I do NOT fly with OTG Cable (no need here in the USA).  

*disclaimer:  At least not as of today (1/27/2018).  Things keep changing.....

2018-1-27
Use props
Howdy2u2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1886 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-1-27 16:47
For those interested.  I just put together a video regarding the "OTG Cable" (in the USA) running the newest version of Apple IOS 11.2.5 and the newest DJI GO 4 App (vs 4.2.4).  As a few others have reported ALL IS WORKING FINE when running on iPhone in USA.  I am however aware those outside the USA (i.e. in Europe and running Android) still are unable to use the OTG Cable.  Just clarifying since this thread is getting very long and anyone new to the thread may get confused about if they are impacted or not.  Perhaps this will help some.

P.S. Personally, I do NOT fly with OTG Cable (no need here in the USA).  

I just quickly tried with iPad mini 4 with the latest GO4 app, video transmission warning is gone BUT battery life/ status in my situation is not working. If I disconnect the OTG, battery status works fine, plug in cable- gone. I have NOT updated iPad to the latest release because DJI reported issues with the latest apple update, although reading the thread again it is in regards to the phantom and some others.
2018-1-27
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 15:43
No video because you don’t have any , maybe others will show their videos real proof not jus whinging at least I found you out.

Yea, busted, caught me out...  You're a genius.

Fixed all those flyaway an IMU/Compass issues yet just by watching videos?  

Don't know what these forums would do without you.
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-29 03:27
Yea, busted, caught me out...  You're a genius.

Fixed all those flyaway an IMU/Compass issues yet just by watching videos?  

DJI are refusing to make any official comment on it and I pesonally think they deliberately removing useful functionality from their lower end product (the Spark)
Above is what you said.

Yet we see since last app update otg now working well on iOS , so this makes a nonsense of what you’ve been preaching.
We see the same thing here everyday from those who have been the most vociferous about loosing transmission , the claim has been that transmission is being lost after 50 metres of flying, I suggested putting up videos from those having these problems, simply because it would show exactly what has grounded these drones.
Your attitude is this is not needed , just continue with the same diatribe that dji have balked on the idea of otg, yet what we see happening is totally different than what you have been preaching to others on this forum.
The truth is the dji mods here would have a lot more to go back to engineers with if those having the problems would post what is actually happening , we see dji mods here looking for videos screenshots logs, this is to help them forward your case to dji engineers.
If you as one of those most vociferous about this issue are not prepared to try to move it forward except to keep posting the same threads and getting nowhere, as you said in many of your posts dji are ignoring this issue, then you should be the first to try to change the approach and get dji to at least not continue to ignore this issue, but you seem to be very shy in going about this, I wonder why.
2018-1-29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules