Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-1-29
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-29 04:20
DJI are refusing to make any official comment on it and I pesonally think they deliberately removing useful functionality from their lower end product (the Spark)
Above is what you said.

Personal threads aside, Mildman in post #115 already wrote he had provided them with two videos and flight logs so my guess is that the engineers have enough data to work with or should ask for more if they need them.

Hopefully they will restore the OTG on android soon since it already works on iOS again and there will be peace on the forum forever after ;).
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-29 04:43
Personal threads aside, Mildman in post #115 already wrote he had provided them with two videos and flight logs so my guess is that the engineers have enough data to work with or should ask for more if they need them.

Hopefully they will restore the OTG on android soon since it already works on iOS again and there will be peace on the forum forever after ;).

Well my thinking was and you have said this continually yourself, that there are 50% of Europeans having this problem, I would have thought that if we had a thread with at least 10 videos from users it might have a better chance of getting this problem noticed and helping to speed up this process, if something is being ignored as those who are having problems are saying, then maybe it’s time to move the protest on, but as of yet nobody seems to want to share this problem so the status Quo remains the same for android users in Europe .
2018-1-29
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-29 05:07
Well my thinking was and you have said this continually yourself, that there are 50% of Europeans having this problem, I would have thought that if we had a thread with at least 10 videos from users it might have a better chance of getting this problem noticed and helping to speed up this process, if something is being ignored as those who are having problems are saying, then maybe it’s time to move the protest on, but as of yet nobody seems to want to share this problem so the status Quo remains the same for android users in Europe .

Well, I never said a definitive number but since the Apple devices are not as common in the EU as they are in the US, it is probable that there is indeed a large group of people suffering from this problem. The increasing number of a new threads about the OTG seems to support it as well. As far as I know, several people indeed provided detailed information to the DJI and since the OTG cable works on the iOS again I doubt they need more info now.

The constant reminder that it is still not working is simply a way how to relieve the frustration from the situation (there are already three  versions of DJI Go 4 App that does not work with OTG cable ...) and the fact that DJI obviously gave a priority to Mavic Air before fixing this problem on the Spark.
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-29 05:39
Well, I never said a definitive number but since the Apple devices are not as common in the EU as they are in the US, it is probable that there is indeed a large group of people suffering from this problem. The increasing number of a new threads about the OTG seems to support it as well. As far as I know, several people indeed provided detailed information to the DJI and since the OTG cable works on the iOS again I doubt they need more info now.

The constant reminder that it is still not working is simply a way how to relieve the frustration from the situation (there are already three  versions of DJI Go 4 App that does not work with OTG cable ...) and the fact that DJI obviously gave a priority to Mavic Air before fixing this problem on the Spark.

Well if people are happy enough to accept that it will be fixed at sometime that’s fine . Not to sure if we’re seeing more of these threads, I would say less, but hopefully it gets sorted for Android as it has for iOS.
2018-1-29
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-29 04:20
DJI are refusing to make any official comment on it and I pesonally think they deliberately removing useful functionality from their lower end product (the Spark)
Above is what you said.

"Yet we see since last app update otg now working well on iOS "
You're wrong dude, we have no idea if this was an accident or deliberate...or even if it will remain...have you seen it in the relase notes?  Nope!!

I'll continue whining, you continue watching videos of other people's misfortunes, everyone is happy then.
2018-1-30
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-30 03:24
"Yet we see since last app update otg now working well on iOS "
You're wrong dude, we have no idea if this was an accident or deliberate...or even if it will remain...have you seen it in the relase notes?  Nope!!

Good post,well stated - I tried the latest android app -for me at least it was choppy with  disconnects  - phone from rc - went back to using my wife’s old iPhone 6s without otg just a little laggy but works good,  with otg pretty snappy and works good.

I would like to get back to using my xiaomi mi5 phone - other than the dji app quit using iOS maybe 5 years ago
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules