duplicate video files in sd card
4434 16 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb4ce1b45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 941755 ft
Portugal

I noticed that the video files are duplicated on the P4 PRO+ memory card. I do not know what's happening. Can someone help?
2017-12-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

you can check the options ( cache) in The DJI Go app , main menu/ general settings/cache locally when recording , is this option checked ?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, are you checking the video cache in the built-in screen? Could you post a screenshot for better assistance?
2017-12-19
Use props
fansb4ce1b45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 941755 ft
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-19 01:34
Sir, are you checking the video cache in the built-in screen? Could you post a screenshot for better assistance?

video cache is disble
2017-12-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You will find that there are always 2 copies of each video on the sd card. One is the original format and the second is a low resolution copy. Why do they do this? No idea.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

If I understand you correctly, the another file is for playback, please check this post:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1054430
2017-12-20
Use props
Garry_Braun
New

Bulgaria

You can use  DuplicateFilesDeleter, if you want to find and delete duplicated files, I am very satisfied from its service.
2019-3-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Garry_Braun Posted at 3-24 00:15
You can use  DuplicateFilesDeleter, if you want to find and delete duplicated files, I am very satisfied from its service.

Rubbish, they are not duplicate files.
2019-3-24
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-19 22:44
You will find that there are always 2 copies of each video on the sd card. One is the original format and the second is a low resolution copy. Why do they do this? No idea.

I disagree that there are 2-files on your sd-card. There is the original file on the sd-card, then there is a copy of the footage, or photo, in much lesser resolution on your mobile device, but they are not both on the card nor are they the same file.
2019-3-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

RicardoGray Posted at 3-24 13:59
I disagree that there are 2-files on your sd-card. There is the original file on the sd-card, then there is a copy of the footage, or photo, in much lesser resolution on your mobile device, but they are not both on the card nor are they the same file.

It has nothing to do with the caching, or what is on the mobile device. There are two copies of each file, containing the same material, one is the original and the other is a low resolution 'thumbnail' video file that can be used for editing by proxy. Both are found on the SD card in the aircraft.
2019-3-24
Use props
n0tinus3
lvl.1
Germany

Geebax Posted at 3-24 14:45
It has nothing to do with the caching, or what is on the mobile device. There are two copies of each file, containing the same material, one is the original and the other is a low resolution 'thumbnail' video file that can be used for editing by proxy. Both are found on the SD card in the aircraft.

Why I can't find the proxies? I would love that! The cache from the phone has different Timecodes and is not nice to work with. I have a Mavic 2 Pro
2019-5-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

n0tinus3 Posted at 5-15 16:02
Why I can't find the proxies?  I would love that! The cache from the phone has different Timecodes and is not nice to work with. I have a Mavic 2 Pro

They are in a separate directory on the card. I don't have my aircraft or card at present to check, but I think the folder is called 'media100' or something like that.
2019-5-15
Use props
n0tinus3
lvl.1
Germany

I can't find the copies on my mavic 2 pro. would be great to have some proxies for the workflow. Am I doing smth wrong? (Hidden files are showed)
2019-5-16
Use props
n0tinus3
lvl.1
Germany

Geebax Posted at 5-15 16:06
They are in a separate directory on the card. I don't have my aircraft or card at present to check, but I think the folder is called 'media100' or something like that.

Yes, I have the folder "MISC" and there are the thumbnail files ".tmh" and ".scr" files. Ohters claim there should be a "100" folder with the low res proxiesbut there isn't.

P.S. Sorry for the double post. Refreshed the site, but it wouldn't show me my post... #13 can be deleted
2019-5-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

n0tinus3 Posted at 5-16 09:01
Yes, I have the folder "MISC" and there are the thumbnail files ".tmh" and ".scr" files. Ohters claim there should be a "100" folder with the low res proxiesbut there isn't.

P.S. Sorry for the double post. Refreshed the site, but it wouldn't show me my post... #13 can be deleted

It may vary with aircraft models, as I said, I cannot check at present as my aircraft is away being repaired.
2019-5-16
Use props
Tobias Brooks
New

Bulgaria

Maybe you can try some software for finding duplicated files, videos etc. Long time ago I had a similar problem and tried a lot of programs/softwares, but a program , which helped me mostly was DuplicateFilesDeleter.
2019-7-4
Use props
djiuser_f9B6XQasjsy8
New

Netherlands

iMyMac's Mac Cleaner can help you find the duplicateVideos, Music, Images, Documents...and to clean up.And iMyMac's Mac Cleaner software is free to use!
2019-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules