DJI Assistant 2 Data Upload Not Working
928139 928139 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chimera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111591 ft
Italy

Hi everyone, I have a Mavic Pro (updated to the latest version, like the remote) and I use the latest version of DJI Assistant 2.  I have a problem related to the function "data Upoad", I can not see any flight, the cursor continues to run indefinitely without displaying the flights made, this also happened with the download of "dat" files from the controller. I tried to reinstall the firmware of the mavic and the controller but without success, I also tried to reinstall the application.  Through the application on android (the latest version available), I can synchronize flights with the DJI server (and airdata) but with the app on the PC I can not get rid of anything ...  ideas? tips?
2017-12-18
Use props
MichaelAberSowa
New
Flight distance : 19380 ft

Germany

Same here with the Mac version. When I try to download black box data, I get the same behavior.
2017-12-18
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I'm seeing the same behavior on my PC, which I haven't been able to resolve.

I wrote up what I thought was the problem in this post. Still, I don't know ho to fix the problem.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Chimera, may I know why do you need to upload the data on DJI Assistant 2? And when you click the "Save to local", it still doesn't work, right? Could you please remove the DJI Assistant 2 completely and download it again on the official website? If you are using a Windows system, maybe you can try to disable signed driver enforcement.
Let me know if it doesn't work, a screenshot and operating system of your PC is highly appreciated. And at the moment, if you need to export the flight data, you can try to use another PC. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MichaelAberSowa Posted at 2017-12-18 08:15
Same here with the Mac version. When I try to download black box data, I get the same behavior.

Hi Michael, just to verify, does it only happen when you click "Black Box" data? Could you please provide me with the screenshot of it as well as the operating system? If it is not in urgent, I will have our engineers to check. If it is urgent, please kindly try another computer to try to export the data. Thank you.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-18 09:17
I'm seeing the same behavior on my PC, which I haven't been able to resolve.

I wrote up what I thought was the problem in this post. Still, I don't know ho to fix the problem.

Hi CycleParadise, I still haven't got the news from our engineers. But will inform our engineers to check, as well as this thread. Thank you for your previous help.
2017-12-19
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I can't even login to the RUBBISH program Assistant 2, says incorrect email or password over and over despite reset after reset... I so wish dji would just.... WORK!
2017-12-19
Use props
fansd2da7659
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happens to me also. Just keeps spinning and spinning. On Blackbox and Flight. Going to uninstall the software and reinstall to see if anything changes. Using latest software from DJI.
2017-12-19
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled. Same thing. Also ran in Windows 8 compatibility mode with or without ADMIN mode.
2017-12-19
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-19 00:39
Hi Chimera, may I know why do you need to upload the data on DJI Assistant 2? And when you click the "Save to local", it still doesn't work, right? Could you please remove the DJI Assistant 2 completely and download it again on the official website? If you are using a Windows system, maybe you can try to disable signed driver enforcement.
Let me know if it doesn't work, a screenshot and operating system of your PC is highly appreciated. And at the moment, if you need to export the flight data, you can try to use another PC. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Howdy DJI Thor. Disabling signed driver enforcement can be risky for security reasons. Is it maybe possible the engineers at DJI could have their drivers signed by Microsoft?  
2017-12-19
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-19 00:51
Hi CycleParadise, I still haven't got the news from our engineers. But will inform our engineers to check, as well as this thread. Thank you for your previous help.

Thank you DJI Thor.
2017-12-19
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

I have the same problem on my main computer where all of my drone software is installed. I've also tried all of the things in this thread and other things that DJI support suggested.  I agree with the remarks "it should just work"!  The only way I can get it to work is to use a computer I've never used before and install DJI assistant there and then it will work on that computer but that's not a good fix for me.
So, DJI, it should just work, right?
2017-12-19
Use props
Chimera
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-19 00:39

Thanks Thor for the answer. I have already proceeded to uninstall DJI Assistant 2 and redo the installation by downloading the application from the site with a negative result. For reasons of time I could not install the program on another pc. The PC that I normally use, has windows 10 as the operating system (with all the updates made, fall creators update included) 64 bit version. Do you need any other hardware information about my computer? Thank you.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thudd Posted at 2017-12-19 03:11
Howdy DJI Thor. Disabling signed driver enforcement can be risky for security reasons. Is it maybe possible the engineers at DJI could have their drivers signed by Microsoft?

Will forward it to our engineers. Thanks for the input.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Chimera Posted at 2017-12-19 15:02
Thanks Thor for the answer. I have already proceeded to uninstall DJI Assistant 2 and redo the installation by downloading the application from the site with a negative result. For reasons of time I could not install the program on another pc. The PC that I normally use, has windows 10 as the operating system (with all the updates made, fall creators update included) 64 bit version. Do you need any other hardware information about my computer? Thank you.

Thank you for your update, I hope you can do me a favour, is it possible for you provide me with a short video when you connect the drone to the PC and running DJI Assistant 2? Please confirm that you are running DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 or above. Thank you so much.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-12-19 01:04
I can't even login to the RUBBISH program Assistant 2, says incorrect email or password over and over despite reset after reset... I so wish dji would just.... WORK!

Hi there, could you please try to restart the computer and try to log in again? Or if it is possible, please also try to register another DJI account just for login to see if it works. Thank you.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, I got an update and need your help.
Could you please help to confirm which firmware of the drone and which version is the DJI Assistant 2 that you are using? Please help to provide me with a screenshot of the first page and the firmware update page of the Assistant. Thank you for your cooperation.
2017-12-23
Use props
Chimera
lvl.2
Italy

Hi Thor. These are the images:

2018-1-11
Use props
Chimera
lvl.2
Italy

Edit. Double post.

Dji Assistant

Dji Assistant
Immagine2.jpg

Mavic

Mavic
2018-1-11
Use props
mz-in-norcal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1005049 ft
United States

I too have been waiting for over an an hour for the activity indicator to stop spinning and to see some listings under Flight Index.  I am trying to get the data to send in since I had a battery error and the Mavic lost control for a minute and headed home (I thought the battery had died and the Mavic had crashed, until I was surprised when the remote regained signal).

I have to say that my experience with these cross-platform shortcuts on the Mac, such as seems to have been used for the DJI Assistant 2, has been poor.  You basically get the worse of both worlds when using cross platform tools, at best.  And I have been a long time Mac and iOS developer.

Here's a thought, open source some of your apps and let us write better native apps.

Anyway, please let me know what to do to download the data from the Mavic and send it in.  Also, I already tried to download the Black Box data via the remote connection to the Mac, and that also never completed.  I was waiting 30 minute for that.  Now I am back to a direct connection to the Mavic and have given it a lot more time.
The one thing that works is to show two versions of the firmware in the Firmware List.  So I know some communication is going on between my Mac and the Mavic.

-mz
2018-2-4
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 757562 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi folks - I am having the same issue.  The Data Upload feature does not work on my Mac.  The Calibration feature does not work.

And my Mavic Pro is not showing Pano Mode in the Camera settings - this is my reason for messing around with DJI Assistant 2.

I am running DJI GO 4.2.5 on both an iPhone X (iOS 11.2.5) and iPad Pro (iOS 11.2.2); it does not work on either one.
I have tried loading Mavic firmware 1.04.0100, 1.04.0200 and 1.04.0300 several times.  NONE of these work!

Please help - I really want to use Pano mode but it is not working at all.  Thank you!
2018-2-11
Use props
mz-in-norcal
lvl.2
United States

mz-in-norcal Posted at 2018-2-4 20:25
I too have been waiting for over an an hour for the activity indicator to stop spinning and to see some listings under Flight Index.  I am trying to get the data to send in since I had a battery error and the Mavic lost control for a minute and headed home (I thought the battery had died and the Mavic had crashed, until I was surprised when the remote regained signal).

I have to say that my experience with these cross-platform shortcuts on the Mac, such as seems to have been used for the DJI Assistant 2, has been poor.  You basically get the worse of both worlds when using cross platform tools, at best.  And I have been a long time Mac and iOS developer.

Almost two weeks have gone by and I still can't do anything with the DJI Assistant app except to upgrade or downgrade firmware.  The Data Upload and Black Box screens just end up with a forever-spinning wheel.

Anyone working on this problem there at DJI?
2018-2-17
Use props
mz-in-norcal
lvl.2
United States

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-11 11:47
Hi folks - I am having the same issue.  The Data Upload feature does not work on my Mac.  The Calibration feature does not work.

And my Mavic Pro is not showing Pano Mode in the Camera settings - this is my reason for messing around with DJI Assistant 2.

Just in case you haven't tried these, I'll mention them since it took me a little while to discover the Pano mode.

First, photo mode must be active and not video mode.  On the right side of the screen, you will see a white solid circle instead of a red circle.

Then tap on the photo settings below that white round circle.  Then tap on the camera icon (middle) at the top of the new screen.  The top most item is "Photo".  Tap on that.  Do you see the Pano option now?
2018-2-17
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 757562 ft
  • >>>
United States

mz-in-norcal Posted at 2018-2-17 18:32
Just in case you haven't tried these, I'll mention them since it took me a little while to discover the Pano mode.

First, photo mode must be active and not video mode.  On the right side of the screen, you will see a white solid circle instead of a red circle.

Sadly, no.  Went thru this in another thread; looks like a vision sensor failure.  It’s causing Pano mode to not be accessible, as well as Quickshot mode.  Same with the radar obstacle-avoidance charts.  

So it’s in for repair now ... will update you once returned!
2018-2-17
Use props
Chimera
lvl.2
Italy

any update? the problem persists
2018-2-22
Use props
Chimera
lvl.2
Italy

Up, the problem still persists
2018-3-3
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Same problem here. I did try on another PC after disabling driver signing. (Which I hate to do). And it did work partially. Data did transfer, but no black box transfer. Both Windows 10 64 bit with Fall Creator updates.
2018-3-3
Use props
Chimera
lvl.2
Italy

they have to solve this problem for the windows users, on the internet and on the discussion groups there are several users who complain about this problem
2018-3-3
Use props
djiuser_l5HadPVLhvnV
lvl.2

I was looking some info, because I have exactly the same problem (MacOs)
Still not solved?
2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_l5HadPVLhvnV Posted at 2018-5-3 23:55
I was looking some info, because I have exactly the same problem (MacOs)
Still not solved?

Ran into same problem with DJI Assistant 2.
I can look at Firmware, but attempts to look at Mavic Pro P for Data Upload, does not work.  All I get is a Spinner.  Same for Blackbox data.

Tried downloading DJI Assistant 2 again from DJI, and reinstalling it.  Did not help.  
Tried power-cycling Mavic Pro P several times, and restarting Assistant 2.  No change, still got Spinner.

2018-5-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-7 19:50
Ran into same problem with DJI Assistant 2.
I can look at Firmware, but attempts to look at Mavic Pro P for Data Upload, does not work.  All I get is a Spinner.  Same for Blackbox data.

Tried again tonight, no luck with DJI Assistant 2.

Removed DJI Assistant 2 from MacBook Pro running Sierra (not High Sierrra).
Download DJI Assisant 2 from official website.
Installed DJI Assistant 2 as Administrator.
Rebooted MacBook Pro
Could connect to Mavic Pro with DJI Asistant2, but only Firmware menu works.

Refreshed Mavic Pro firmware.
As before could connect to Mavic Pro with DJI Assistant 2, but only Firmware menu works.

From what I have read other people are having similar problems with Mac version of DJI Assistant 2.  The problems have been going on for couple of months.

Two questions for DJI:
1) Why is this problem still unresolved?
2) Where can we download the Previous versions of DJI Assistant?  
2018-5-8
Use props
tem
New
Brazil

same problem here, anyone got the solution?
2018-5-14
Use props
Ahaigh9877
lvl.2
Flight distance : 654265 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to find out why my Spark crashed into a tree this morning during RTH, but the last flight record I can see on the GO app ends before the crash.
2018-5-15
Use props
Chimera
lvl.2
Italy

I am embittered by the behavior of DJI for this problem, several users complain about these problems and in all this time they have not been able to solve the problem ... In 2018 it seems ridiculous to have to disable a Windows function to partially operate something .. Not even 100 euros Drones ... Very bad software assistance.
2018-5-15
Use props
Aldaronishe
New
Flight distance : 285446 ft

Malaysia

I have the same issue, both with RC and drone. MacOS 10.13.4, DJI Assistant 2 (v.1.2.3), Mavic Pro and RC with the latest firmware
All, what I can see in DJI A - firmware only.

Any solution?
2018-5-15
Use props
Candergart
lvl.1
Sweden

I have some light I can spread on this, no solution though.

So, I have had immense issues while trying to upgrade the firmware on my dji 4.
Today I figured, lets try without the ipad and use the pc app "DJI Assistant 2" , I ahve used it in the past to fix similar errors.

First direct issue was of course that the assistant could not read the firmware list.
Fixed that by a complete reinstall of the Assistant.

Second time it could list the firmware's and it told me to update to a newer firmware.
I started the update procedure only to once again recieve "failed to update firmware"

Here is where I tried to upload the failed report.
When I clicked on upload, windows gave me a popup box asking what app we should use to run some javascript with.
It tells me that this application is not a complete working solution as it depends in additional things to be installed in windows.

So, My guess is this is where all the upload stuff fails, at the javascript thingy.

Sadly I am not any closer to fixing my firmware upgrade

2018-5-26
Use props
Candergart
lvl.1
Sweden

I did manage to upload the fail-report from the pad several times,
Received a notification in the app telling me that I would be contacted by DJI when a solution existed.
Sadly I have been waiting for a very very very very long time now , still no update

2018-5-26
Use props
Candergart
lvl.1
Sweden

Candergart Posted at 2018-5-26 07:23
I did manage to upload the fail-report from the pad several times,
Received a notification in the app telling me that I would be contacted by DJI when a solution existed.
Sadly I have been waiting for a very very very very long time now , still no update

Managed to fix my issue after using an android pad , it gave me an option for an even newer controller firmware.

I do have to point out that this upgrade event has been a pure nightmare in terms of level of ease.

2018-5-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Hello DJI!  

Any solution as of yet to this ongoing problem with Assistant 2 being unable to access both Flight Data logs and Blackbox?
2018-6-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

This time around

Wasted another 1-1/2 hours trying to get Assistant 2 (OS X) to access Flightlog files and/or Blackbox data of Mavic Pro

Assistant 2 sees Mavics Pro's Firmware, will allow calibration, access simulator - But will not access (or show) Flightlogs or Blackbox
Assistant 2 does not see any files at all  

Occassionly Assistant 2 mounts microSD card in Mavic Pro, where Pictures and Videos are stored

No errors showing up on 'OS X' Console
No errors showing up in system logs

There are no error codes coming from Assistant 2
There are no warnings meesages from Assistant 2

Tried Two different USB Cables
Tried Different USB Ports

Numerous Power cycles of Mavic Pro
Numerous Starting / Stopping of Assistant 2

Have tried Turning 'OS X' Firewall off, back on, and back off - (coupled with starting and stopping Assistant 2 and powering Mavic  On and Off)

Previously
Tried another MacBook
Two different versions of OS X (Sierra and High Sierra)

Tried both current and previous version of Assistant 2

Installing Assistant 2 as root
Running Assistant 2 as root

Rebooting both MacBook and MacBook Pro between attempts

Numerous  Starts / Stops of Assistant 2

2018-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules