DJI Assistant 2 Data Upload Not Working
13740 56 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Re-Upgrade Mavic Pro P to latest version of Firmware using GO-4's updater.

Disabled 'OS X' Firewall.

De-installed and re-installed Assistant 2.

Started up Assistant 2, powered up Mavic Pro, and connected USB cable to MacBook Pro.

Still NOT able to access Flightdata records or Blackbox.

2018-6-5
Use props
bflatman
New

same issues on assistant 2 V1.2.4 on mac os.   get the spinners for data upload and blackbox.   No flight data.    is there any other way to get flight data.   If I get no response in 3 days, I will return unit to costco for a full refund.  
2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

bflatman Posted at 2018-6-23 17:15
same issues on assistant 2 V1.2.4 on mac os.   get the spinners for data upload and blackbox.   No flight data.    is there any other way to get flight data.   If I get no response in 3 days, I will return unit to costco for a full refund.

An agitatingly stupid problem.  You can't provide DJI with full Flightlogs or Blackbox data from Mavic, as requested, because DJI's own Assistant-2 also does not work as it supposed to.

Adding to agitating stupidity is support's help with Assistant-2's problem is limited to a few canned steps.
Along with all to common, we will report problem, and no follow-up by DJI.

Not to be forgotten, numerous people running into problem of Assistant-2 not being certified / coming with un-signed drivers.
2018-6-23
Use props
flyer_560
New
Flight distance : 97776 ft
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-23 19:14
An agitatingly stupid problem.  You can't provide DJI with full Flightlogs or Blackbox data from Mavic, as requested, because DJI's own Assistant-2 also does not work as it supposed to.

Adding to agitating stupidity is support's help with Assistant-2's problem is limited to a few canned steps.

I have exactly the same issue.

Running on mac OS High Sierra
Downloaded - removed and reinstalled (multiple times) DJI Assistant from the dji site
Updated firmware and refreshed on both drone and controller
Reverted back to factory and re updated!

All to no avail.

Please can someone help me. Do not see any files on SD other the images / video

Thanks
2018-7-7
Use props
colinbm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31161 ft
United Kingdom

I had this problem. Not sure if this is the solution for everyone but for me it was user error.

When installing you're prompted to install the Android Tethering driver, which I ignored - "I don't need that, I don't use Android" - that's necessary for communication with the drone.
2018-7-28
Use props
djiuser_larry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70200 ft

Mavic Pro DAT log files. Is ANYONE able to retrieve these successfully from the Mavic Pro?  If so, how are you doing it? I have not looked at this problem for four months but with various firmware, software updates I get the same negative results. DJI Assistant (Mac OS) just sits there spinning, looking for files. Six months ago it could locate a bunch of DAT files, almost all of which were garbage files. Nine months ago, when I bought the Mavic there were a few real data DAT files. Now no files at all.

Guess I don't care, but it makes it impossible to forward these to DJI in event of a malfunction or crash.
2018-7-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

flyer_560 Posted at 2018-7-7 19:26
I have exactly the same issue.

Running on mac OS High Sierra

Only way I have found to get around DJI's BROKEN "OS-X" version of Assistant-2 is to implement Apple's BootCamp, buy and install a licensed OEM copy of Microsoft Windows 10, then install Assistant-2 under BootCamp / Windows.

2018-7-28
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 7-28 12:52
Only way I have found to get around DJI's BROKEN "OS-X" version of Assistant-2 is to implement Apple's BootCamp, buy and install a licensed OEM copy of Microsoft Windows 10, then install Assistant-2 under BootCamp / Windows.

Is this still an issue?

DJI has requested that I download the data from my Goggles RE, and yet all I get is spinning Dots.

Feedback would be appreciated.
2018-11-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-18 21:38
Is this still an issue?

DJI has requested that I download the data from my Goggles RE, and yet all I get is spinning Dots.

Far as I know.  None of Assistant-2 versions for 'OS X' I have downloaded will do anything more than Firmware.  
The 'OS X' versions on occasions may mount drone's microSD card to access photos & videos.  Easier to pull microSD card.
As for accessing Logs or Blackbox data - zero success using 'OS X' version.
2018-11-19
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-19 07:35
Far as I know.  None of Assistant-2 versions for 'OS X' I have downloaded will do anything more than Firmware.  
The 'OS X' versions on occasions may mount drone's microSD card to access photos & videos.  Easier to pull microSD card.
As for accessing Logs or Blackbox data - zero success using 'OS X' version.

Thanks.  That’s what I experienced.
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

what I noticed recently on a mavic pro with .04.0100 firmware is that while data upload (local) I can see my flight.. when I download the file to the desktop (mac Assistant 2 latest) it process the FC data but there is no Vision data?

it use to process both then compress into a single .dat file?

2018-11-19
Use props
PennyW
New
Flight distance : 2418 ft

Italy

Same problem here: I can't access to data upload and black box on dji assistant 2 v. 1.2.4 with Mavic Pro with latest firmware on macOS Mojave 10.14.2.
2018-12-30
Use props
stchef85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161496 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem on Mac OS with P4P. . . .No solution yet I'm guessing? Ridiculous. . .
2019-5-12
Use props
mygiguser
lvl.2
United States

I had this issue yesterday on my Mac. After installing the DJI Assistant 2, i saw another install window for HoRNDIS: USB tethering driver for Mac OS X. Not much worked after the install, but i think what many Mac users forget is that you have to Restart your Mac. I know we Mac users do not have to restart very often, but in this case a kernel extension was installed, and that thing needs a full reboot in order to work.
Hope this helps!?
2019-5-18
Use props
PaPa_SmUrF.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7228 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-19 23:59
Thank you for your update, I hope you can do me a favour, is it possible for you provide me with a short video when you connect the drone to the PC and running DJI Assistant 2? Please confirm that you are running DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 or above. Thank you so much.

Hi Thor,
has there being any update to any fixes to the "DJI Assistant 2 Upload Not Working" yet ??

cheers
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_kOS5YYYyLFGB
New

France

For me im using a mini se. I go on dji assistant 2. I plug the drone in and it recognizes it. Theres a button that says "save to local" i click it, save it, and it does nothing. Ive tried it on several computers and their all the same. Does someone know what the issue is?
2022-4-9
Use props
djiuser_kOS5YYYyLFGB
New

France

2022-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules