Discharing batteries
1634 13 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
driverseat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Many times reading to discharge batteries if not used for a longer period. Two days ago batteries loaded for a flight but.....the wheater was changing and is still bad the comming days (snow, rain, etc).

I don't have a special tool to get batteries unloaded. Q: Do they unload themselfs or should I do it by hand, or is there a special way to get them unloaded ?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Regards
Driverseat
2017-12-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You can set them when to start discharging in the app.  Unless you expect to be down for more than a week, I wouldn't worry about it.
2017-12-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Those P3 batteries will auto discharge to a safe level all by themselves provided you DON'T press the button to check on them...
2017-12-18
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-18 05:45
Those P3 batteries will auto discharge to a safe level all by themselves provided you DON'T press the button to check on them...

Thanks for your reply. I won't even touch them (joke).

Ragards
Driverseat
Peter
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Peter, the battery will discharge automatically according to your settings in APP, no worries. Tips: Make sure the battery has been fully charged when you take the drone out to fly in the next time.
2017-12-19
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-19 01:18
Hey Peter, the battery will discharge automatically according to your settings in APP, no worries. Tips: Make sure the battery has been fully charged when you take the drone out to fly in the next time.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your replay.

Regards,
Peter
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

driverseat Posted at 2017-12-20 02:13
Hi Susan,

Thanks for your replay.

You are welcome! Wish you have a good time on flying the drone.
2017-12-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries are made up of advanced battery cells, LEDs, a power button and a small processor called a protection board. Features include a controlled safe discharge rate preventing overcharge and over discharge, extended flight times, and auto Return to Home at low power.
2017-12-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

driverseat Posted at 2017-12-18 06:24
Thanks for your reply. I won't even touch them (joke).

Ragards

Just a suggestion ...

If you haven't altered the setting in GO for the battery auto-discharge ... it is factory set to 10 days before starts discharge. This is far too long for any LiPo.

I suggest you alter this to 2 or 3 days ... then you will have better battery management. Full charge LiPo left standing causes internal damage that cannot be recovered.

Note : Auto Discharge setting starts after the days you set it to. For example 3 day setting. The discharge will start after 3 days from last time you touched the battery power button or charged. It will discharge slowly over 2 - 3 days to about 60%. It will then slow further and continue discharge till it hits low level and stops. After a time it will enter Hibernation Mode - but this takes significant time ... probably months.

If you touch the power button on that battery - it resets the timer and restarts the countdown to auto discharge.

OK ... BUT do not trust battery to still be full charged before auto discharge starts ... if battery has stood for a day - and you then want to use it ... SWITCH on battery - then plug into charger to top-up to 100%. If you do not switch on - charge will not start if battery is over 90+%

Nigel
2017-12-21
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

solentlife Posted at 2017-12-21 01:06
Just a suggestion ...

If you haven't altered the setting in GO for the battery auto-discharge ... it is factory set to 10 days before starts discharge. This is far too long for any LiPo.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your replay. Your answer was complete and give me more detailed and interesting information I did not know.  

Thanks in advance and maybe till nxt time.
Nice X-mas and nice start for 2018
Regards
Peter
2017-12-21
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-18 05:44
You can set them when to start discharging in the app.  Unless you expect to be down for more than a week, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards
Peter
2017-12-21
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-19 01:18

Hi Susan,

Thnks for your answer. With yours, and all the information received from all other (nice) members, I should be almost an battery Expert from now on.

Regards, nice X-mas and a good start for 2018.
Peter  
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

driverseat Posted at 2017-12-21 04:37
Hi Susan,

Thnks for your answer. With yours, and all the information received from all other (nice) members, I should be almost an battery Expert from now on.

All of us are keeping learning and sharing, that's why the Forum exists. Wish you all the best in the new year!
2017-12-21
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-21 01:06
DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries are made up of advanced battery cells, LEDs, a power button and a small processor called a protection board. Features include a controlled safe discharge rate preventing overcharge and over discharge, extended flight times, and auto Return to Home at low power.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRtIdm_h7ds

What Great Info......But the back ground music is Sure Not needed.....this is not a musical Its a technical video.....Thanks for sharing it .
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules