Random pixels in image
973 8 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomQ
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I have been flying and using my Phantom  4 for about 6 months with no problem and just recently I can not record  stills without massive issues with pixelation and random pink or white  pixels seen in the picture bottom left corner. This also happens in the video but seems to be less. I have  changed sd cards and upgraded downgraded firmware but having no luck. I  am attaching a couple example images. Any ideas or help with this would  be greatly appreciated.

Pink1-0001-credit Quin BISSET.jpg
2017-12-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

try to fly on PLANE MODE (you can activate wifi in this mode)  , some internal process outside the application may be causing that problem
2017-12-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Nice Shot !!
2017-12-18
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI has a cleaner in the downloads that might help too.
2017-12-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would try a camera reset first in DJI Go 4, if this has no effect then a factory reset and/or refresh of aircraft firmware in DJI Assistant 2.

My first thought was of 'hot pixels' generated on all imaging devices when longer exposures used. But as you have plenty light this would not be an issue.

There is also a chance that the ribbon cable between gimbal and camera might need re-seated or replaced. Failing all else it may be an indication of a hardware problem on the camera or image processing hardware on the P4.

The DJI cleaner was intended to be used to clean up their own RAW '.DNG' files.
2017-12-18
Use props
PhantomQ
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-18 07:09
I would try a camera reset first in DJI Go 4, if this has no effect then a factory reset and/or refresh of aircraft firmware in DJI Assistant 2.

My first thought was of 'hot pixels' generated on all imaging devices when longer exposures used. But as you have plenty light this would not be an issue.

Thank you for all the advice. I think after everything I have tried it must need a repair. I was trying to avoid sending it away during holiday period .
Thanks
Q
2017-12-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhantomQ Posted at 2017-12-18 10:42
Thank you for all the advice. I think after everything I have tried it must need a repair. I was trying to avoid sending it away during holiday period .
Thanks
Q

Another thought, you could always re-seat or try a different SD card if you've not already done so.

Edit, sorry I see you tried that already.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it looks like the camera issue, please kindly send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-19
Use props
IMRANtv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately it seems to be a known defect as it has also been in my DJI Phantom 4 pictures and videos for a long time. Random flickering pixels in videos, and red ones in darkish spots, black ones like inkjet printer ink splatters on pictures. Did you ever send it in for repair and did you have to pay for repair. It is obviously not your doing something wrong as I have the same exact problem.

2022-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules