first winter flight, camera did this glitchy thing..
1791 23 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

So I finally had a day that was not too windy, not actually snowing, and only -11c
I got about 6 min of flight time before my digits began to freeze and i packed it in earlier than i'd hoped.

I am noticing some twitching at 1:38, 1:41.... I am not a stranger to frame rate issues due to sudden flight adjustments but any idea what that's about?
I may want to make something more 'finished' one of these days!
thx for the input

2017-12-18
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

looks like the autofocus focusing to me.....
2017-12-18
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I agree, looks more like auto-focusing kicking in...
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, would you mind uploading the original video from the SD card to Dropbox? As well as the screenshot of the firmware info page? Here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. I would like to have our engineers to confirm. Thank you so much.
2017-12-18
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-18 22:36
Hi sir, would you mind uploading the original video from the SD card to Dropbox? As well as the screenshot of the firmware info page? Here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. I would like to have our engineers to confirm. Thank you so much.

I'll have to find some time in the coming days and I'll get back to you with it, thanks! I know the firmware had just been updated that morning. I am also curious to go back and look at the original footage for this as well. I hadn't noticed it until showing off my vid to an interested friend
2017-12-19
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

Here’s a link to the original video (hope it works, never used Dropbox before).
At a glance I noticed a twitch at 4:03, 4:10 and more of a refocus (?) at 4:27, 4:33..

Firmware ss to follow
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tevjbz8e5lh951/twitch%20at%20403%20410%20427%20433.MP4?dl=0
2017-12-19
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

luciens Posted at 2017-12-18 09:35
looks like the autofocus focusing to me.....

Thanks, you are right about a couple of them I think. Though I don't see the reason for the auto focus adjust :/
I posted the original vid in comments and the ones aroun 4:03 and 4:10 puzzle me
2017-12-19
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-18 10:41
I agree, looks more like auto-focusing kicking in...

Thanks, you are right about a couple of them I think. Though I don't see the reason for the auto focus adjust :/
I posted the original vid in comments and the ones aroun 4:03 and 4:10 puzzle me
2017-12-19
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-18 22:36
Hi sir, would you mind uploading the original video from the SD card to Dropbox? As well as the screenshot of the firmware info page? Here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. I would like to have our engineers to confirm. Thank you so much.

link to dropbox posted in comments, ss of firmware to follow
2017-12-19
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

wglovett Posted at 2017-12-19 07:09
I posted the original vid in comments and the ones aroun 4:03 and 4:10 puzzle me

I don't know for sure, but I think when there's not a lot of contrast in the image the sensor has a hard time keeping focus.

I just looked the the other video you posted and, at the times you mention, it looks like the picture jumps - like some of the video is lost. I'm not sure what to say about that. I'm curious, what SD card are you using?
2017-12-19
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-19 07:34
I don't know for sure, but I think when there's not a lot of contrast in the image the sensor has a hard time keeping focus.

I just looked the the other video you posted and, at the times you mention, it looks like the picture jumps - like some of the video is lost. I'm not sure what to say about that. I'm curious, what SD card are you using?

It wasn't the smoothest flight either as I was mostly wanting to check out the area and come back when it was nicer. I'll have to keep contrast in mind, thanks. I don't take enough time to set camera well before i start flyin about lol..
I am using a sandisk 64gb card from dji store https://store.dji.com/product/sandisk-micro-sd-card-64gb
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you so much for the update, and I am following your comment and look forward to getting the screenshot.
2017-12-20
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

wglovett Posted at 2017-12-19 12:26
It wasn't the smoothest flight either as I was mostly wanting to check out the area and come back when it was nicer. I'll have to keep contrast in mind, thanks. I don't take enough time to set camera well before i start flyin about lol..
I am using a sandisk 64gb card from dji store https://store.dji.com/product/sandisk-micro-sd-card-64gb

For me at this point I'm more concerned with becoming more familiar with flying and controlling the aircraft. Once I become more comfortable with that, I'll concentrate more on taking better videos.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi mate, an update here, you are using Auto-Focus at that time, right? Please help to confirm if you enabled AFC on the camera settings and tapped the screen during recording. Thank you.
2017-12-21
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-21 21:29
Hi mate, an update here, you are using Auto-Focus at that time, right? Please help to confirm if you enabled AFC on the camera settings and tapped the screen during recording. Thank you.

Hey Thor, yes auto focus was set preflight, not sure if it was before or after pressing record.. likely before, as that's when i tinker with the exposure/theme/white balance. I am sure however that I didn't change auto focus (screen tap) during flight.
Get you that firmware ss tonight most likely. Nothing like holidays to make life super busy before getting to kick back for a while and enjoy!
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

wglovett Posted at 2017-12-22 08:19
Hey Thor, yes auto focus was set preflight, not sure if it was before or after pressing record.. likely before, as that's when i tinker with the exposure/theme/white balance. I am sure however that I didn't change auto focus (screen tap) during flight.
Get you that firmware ss tonight most likely. Nothing like holidays to make life super busy before getting to kick back for a while and enjoy!

Thank you for your feedback friend, had forwarded to our engineers again.
BTW, wish you a great time for holiday and Merry Christmas!
2017-12-23
Use props
Range925
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Wow, though it had an issue, great video of the beautiful area.
2017-12-23
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

Here’s the ss. I was worried there’d be another update by the time I got to doing this and it would update on me before I found the screen lol. Did the check for updates while I was at it and looks like it’s all the latest.
Side note: so hard to power this up and connect and not fly it while I am at it!! Haha
F9994100-70A9-4340-ABB1-F10B4CA6661C.png
2017-12-24
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

Range925 Posted at 2017-12-23 00:51
Wow, though it had an issue, great video of the beautiful area.

Thx! Just trying to make something shareworthy of the footage lol. Hope to get back there again soon
2017-12-24
Use props
Stéphanie Coiff
lvl.1

France

Hello, I think we have the same problem no ? youtu.be/3D5y5K-KCpg
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we've got a response from engineers, it looks like something wrong with the lens motor, actually the lens motor moved at 1:38 and 1:41 and returned back very quickly, it isn't an autofocus. This may happen when the temperature is below 0°C, did it happen very often?If so, you may need to send it for repair.
2017-12-26
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-26 00:25
Hi, we've got a response from engineers, it looks like something wrong with the lens motor, actually the lens motor moved at 1:38 and 1:41 and returned back very quickly, it isn't an autofocus. This may happen when the temperature is below 0°C, did it happen very often?If so, you may need to send it for repair.

Thanks for the follow up although I really hope I don’t have to send it away I will have to be mindful of future vids and get back to you here with any findings I suppose..
Winter in Ontario, Canada now so if it’s a cold thing I am probably gonna see it again
2017-12-26
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

Stéphanie Coiff Posted at 2017-12-24 18:35
Hello, I think we have the same problem no ? youtu.be/3D5y5K-KCpg

I hope not. I wasn’t able to play the vid/link (viewing on mobile)
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

wglovett Posted at 2017-12-26 10:39
Thanks for the follow up although I really hope I don’t have to send it away I will have to be mindful of future vids and get back to you here with any findings I suppose..
Winter in Ontario, Canada now so if it’s a cold thing I am probably gonna see it again

Okay, please keep us posted!
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules