WTF is going on?
1925 9 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptCraig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32251 ft
United Kingdom

After I updated the firmware I noticed something strange in the Go4 app for my Spark, I can't enable the " Dynamic Home Point " I can't slide or adjust " the low battery warning % " when I try it says "failed to reset password, please try again" Can not enable or change the P A F settings, will do a test flight to see if the RTH button on the RC works, I am really confused about what is going on, thanks in advance for your help
2017-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you have your Aircraft switched on when checking this. If you had try deleting app and reinstalling.
2017-12-18
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Its just you.  The new firmware just updated my Spark and had no effect on my app.  I rebooted everything and tried to find the id license plate feature but didn't see where it was in the menu.  Everything was the same.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please try to reboot your AC and reinstall the app. What is the model of your device? If you fail to deal with it, please provide a screenshot of the situation and tell me the version of your app. Thanks a lot.
2017-12-18
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

I think I have an answer, I assume that DJI wants to strongly discourage using an OTG cable, I have found that when I have the OTG cable connected, several features are disabled and the screen on my phone went dark several times, will do some more flying to confirm if this is the case, with WiFi the features are enabled. My biggest worry is getting a lost signal in WiFi mode and my Spark does not RTH. Also DJI I would like to stream live on FB however with the OTG this cannot be done with my S7 Edge.
2017-12-28
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why do so many people insist on using OTG cables?
I tried one  time and will not again. It worked lousy!
I have no problem with using wifi to connect to the RC.
2017-12-28
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

To be honest, I never had a problem using the OTG cable until DJI updated the firmware, I just felt more secure and confident with a hardwired physical connection. I have been wondering from a hardware/technical side does the OTG cable really work better or was equal to using WiFI?
2018-1-7
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-12-28 19:47
Why do so many people insist on using OTG cables?
I tried one  time and will not again. It worked lousy!
I have no problem with using wifi to connect to the RC.

There are lots and lots of people who used to use OTG with good results. The main flogging point is the fact that the F/W U/D has taken it away and now people are nervous of fly-away's due to wifi issues and disco'd craft. The countless post's on this issue has maybe got a little out of hand but they have a point. Personal experience shows that OTG was better than wifi. Took Sparky to Lanzarote and tried out both methods at the beach. No towers, metal, seemingly no interference and it was lousy on wifi in sport mode. Connected the cable and was much better. It does make me laugh that the DS solution is to uninstall and re-install the app. This is just like the doctor dishing out antibiotics for most conditions.
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_HJoUqhGjx2QJ
lvl.2

Indonesia

I connected AC to RC, then RC to phone through OTG.
no battery N/A, cant enable dynamic home point just as mentioned in first post here.
unplug the OTG and connect phone through WiFi and everything else back to normal, but I sometimes got phone disconnected in mid flight and screen goes static.
I see from googling this also happen with the phantom 4.
DJI NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING SERIOUSLY AND FAST!
2018-4-14
Use props
djiuser_HJoUqhGjx2QJ
lvl.2

Indonesia

djiuser_HJoUqhGjx2QJ Posted at 2018-4-14 22:05
I connected AC to RC, then RC to phone through OTG.
no battery N/A, cant enable dynamic home point just as mentioned in first post here.
unplug the OTG and connect phone through WiFi and everything else back to normal, but I sometimes got phone disconnected in mid flight and screen goes static.

2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules