Signal too weak please adjust antenna Help!
10389 23 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Francescospark
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello!

Since 2 days ago, I was flying near a bridge and around 50m of distance, on my screen appeared this message:
Signal too weak, please adjust antenna. I tried but nothing happened (apparently the antennas are already adjusted).
No crashes or issues (drone and remote) since I flew last time (and everything was fine).
Well, I tried to fly in another location just today and it's doing the same thing. Downloaded the update but still same thing.
Before and even after the new update.
Any suggestions? What to do?
Please help!
2017-12-18
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

The antennae are not pre adjusted. They must be perpendicular the direction of the spark.
2017-12-18
Use props
Francescospark
lvl.1

Portugal

Yes I know, I already put thousand times the antennas in the right perpendicular position, but still continues with this issue.
2017-12-18
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

How far could you reliably go before?  Minedrops out at 70 meters, depending on height, reflections, wet grass etc.
Sometimes I get better results with antennae facing a few degrees downwards, presumably the signal bounces along the ground.
But 100 yds is adequate for me  in general, though I would prefer it solid to say 150 yds. No way can I seee it further off.
2017-12-18
Use props
Francescospark
lvl.1

Portugal

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-12-18 11:25
How far could you reliably go before?  Minedrops out at 70 meters, depending on height, reflections, wet grass etc.
Sometimes I get better results with antennae facing a few degrees downwards, presumably the signal bounces along the ground.
But 100 yds is adequate for me  in general, though I would prefer it solid to say 150 yds. No way can I seee it further off.

Hello!

With remote just 70 meters?

Mine with remote used to go also around 350m distance..But since 2 days ago it has this kind of issue. It's really pis»»ng me off. At 50m distance or even less i start to see this message on my phone screen. Annoying.
2017-12-18
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well used to get 300 meters with otg, which seems dead now.
I'm fed up with poor transmission too.
My ordinary aircraft radio does 1-2 km easy on 100mw power.
I don't want wires or any more faffing around.
2017-12-18
Use props
Francescospark
lvl.1

Portugal

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-12-18 12:23
Well used to get 300 meters with otg, which seems dead now.
I'm fed up with poor transmission too.
My ordinary aircraft radio does 1-2 km easy on 100mw power.

Same here. Cable seems to be not working anymore, I really dunno what's going on with DJI. But the must solve this issue.
2017-12-18
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Six months in now, and no info of any sort.
I'd love to think DJI are lobbying for some criteria that enable easing of restrictions for very limited range models.
Too optimistic?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Francescospark Posted at 2017-12-18 12:33
Same here. Cable seems to be not working anymore, I really dunno what's going on with DJI. But the must solve this issue.

Hi, sir. Please ensure that you don't open bluetooth device, such as, apple watch. You can try to enter airplane mode and see if it gets better. Also, please check that if your drone is in the channel with best signal. Please keep us updated, thanks.   
2017-12-18
Use props
Francescospark
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-18 20:33
Hi, sir. Please ensure that you don't open bluetooth device, such as, apple watch. You can try to enter airplane mode and see if it gets better. Also, please check that if your drone is in the channel with best signal. Please keep us updated, thanks.

This is something that I do always. Always flight mode with cable, and always putting antenna in the right way and always putting off bluetooth, watches etc. Channel is automatic and should be ok.
This issue comes with the update maybe, i really dunno but it's so annoying that everytime there is something wrong with this DJI drones.
But what's the connection between the message ''signal too low, please adjust antenna'' and the fact that otg doesnt work properly, lose the signal wihout a reason, it doesnt give you the % of the battery, etc, and the drone lose the Signal at 50m?
Really DJI suks, im so dissappointed. Any solution? the assistance is useless!
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Francescospark Posted at 2017-12-19 02:59
This is something that I do always. Always flight mode with cable, and always putting antenna in the right way and always putting off bluetooth, watches etc. Channel is automatic and should be ok.
This issue comes with the update maybe, i really dunno but it's so annoying that everytime there is something wrong with this DJI drones.
But what's the connection between the message ''signal too low, please adjust antenna'' and the fact that otg doesnt work properly, lose the signal wihout a reason, it doesnt give you the % of the battery, etc, and the drone lose the Signal at 50m?

Sorry that you feel disappointed about our product. Please provide us the flight data and the black box for further analysis. We will try our best to solve your problem.
2017-12-19
Use props
deukyun512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427677 ft
Iceland

I had the same issue with above user. I am very dissatisfied with this issue. Any resolutions?
2018-7-19
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Try downgrading your app to say 4.2.12 on apk mirror
2018-7-20
Use props
Yukon 3-0268
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1148 ft
United States

https://www.amazon.com/RCstyle-P ... e+booster&psc=1
2018-7-20
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

This is a little dated but still applies

2018-7-20
Use props
Anand Kumar6
New
Flight distance : 1010 ft
India

Sir same problem adjeast the antina week signal
Dji paintom 4 pro v2.0 please help mi how to fix this problem
2021-12-5
Use props
Anand Kumar6
New
Flight distance : 1010 ft
India

Not fix my problem please help mi
Adjust the anitha no signal problem
2022-1-11
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

Thanks for sharing this info.  
2022-3-31
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

Also if you are in urban environment compared to rural area.  The signal was sometimes terrible in an urban enviroment.  

lvl.1
Flight distance : 2008 ft
Serbia

I have the same issue with my Mavic Mini. When I bought the drone, I could fly up to several hundred meters away, but after some time, I started getting an error message that the signal is too weak and that I need to adjust antennas. So far I've tried switching phones, updating firmware and fly database and I always turn off bluetooth and wifi. This issue is happening in completely rural environments where there are no possible sources of interference whatsoever. This is making my drone completely useless so much so that I rarely even bother to try to fly it. Due to this I honestly don't think I will be buying another DJI product ever again.
2022-6-24
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

vladimirnesic Posted at 6-24 02:10
I have the same issue with my Mavic Mini. When I bought the drone, I could fly up to several hundred meters away, but after some time, I started getting an error message that the signal is too weak and that I need to adjust antennas. So far I've tried switching phones, updating firmware and fly database and I always turn off bluetooth and wifi. This issue is happening in completely rural environments where there are no possible sources of interference whatsoever. This is making my drone completely useless so much so that I rarely even bother to try to fly it. Due to this I honestly don't think I will be buying another DJI product ever again.

Hi Vladimir,

I do not own a Mavic Mini, but a Spark. The problem you described is most probably related to CE rules for RF emissions. In Europe (and many other countries with CE-like rules) RF gadgets can only emit a pretty tiny amount of RF power. In US, Canada (and others) there are FCC rules which allow for much more RF power so the possible flight distances are way bigger.
Of course, DJI advertizes distances under FCC rules, and even these are pretty optimistic with out-of-the-box drones.
A short google search shows that there are hacks available. Maybe this is of use for you (I have not tried it myself on a Mini).

Cheers & HTH,
Wolferl

2022-6-24
Use props
vladimirnesic
lvl.1
Serbia

Wolferl Posted at 6-24 06:47
Hi Vladimir,

I do not own a Mavic Mini, but a Spark. The problem you described is most probably related to CE rules for RF emissions. In Europe (and many other countries with CE-like rules) RF gadgets can only emit a pretty tiny amount of RF power. In US, Canada (and others) there are FCC rules which allow for much more RF power so the possible flight distances are way bigger.

Hi Wolferl,

Thank you so much for the tip, I'll definitely try it out.
I'm from Serbia, but I've been experiencing this issue while in Greece and Montenegro, so it definitely makes sense to be region (Europe) related.
The problem is that everything was working fine for few months and then it started throwing that error message all of the time.
2022-6-27
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

vladimirnesic Posted at 6-27 01:04
Hi Wolferl,

Thank you so much for the tip, I'll definitely try it out.

Hi Vladimir,

Have you got yourself some of these new fangled earpieces or a smartwatch lately?
You wrote you turned off Bluetooth on your cellphone, but did you also turn off any BT gadgets?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2022-6-27
Use props
vladimirnesic
lvl.1
Serbia

Wolferl Posted at 6-27 06:43
Hi Vladimir,

Have you got yourself some of these new fangled earpieces or a smartwatch lately?

Hi Wolferl,

I do have a Samsung smartwatch, but I was taking it off when flying, but the issue persists.
2022-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules