DJI GO V4.1.20 for iOS - features and fixes?
1315 6 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just thought I'd get this thread going now that DJI have released GO 4 v4.1.20 for iOS today.

The release notes are short, and no doubt ths version is fixing many issues reported with v4.1.18. I'd be interested in hearing what people find out.
2017-12-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Nothing for phantoms, just refining the pano mode, goggles and editor. We miss out again.
2017-12-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-18 17:50
Nothing for phantoms, just refining the pano mode, googles and editor. We miss out again.

DJI sadly don't document the fixes though. I'm assuming they've fixed the controller firmware update issue as a minimum, but I'm yet to test that. Perhaps the incorrect "interference" messages too?
2017-12-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've noticed that the radio interference warnings have now gone, which were prevalent under V4.1.18.
Also that iOS DJI Go 4 V4.1.20 recognises RC firmware and flags update as needed. This is a biggie as there were a number of reports where P4 had been upgraded, but not the RC, as required to work properly.
Subsequently with iOS V4.1.18 people had to jump through hoops to get the RC firmware to update to V1.9.3 as needed. All should now be as before, with the P4 RC update being flagged up in the Aircraft Status menu (it does not show in 'About' / 'check for update')

So to summarise, I found:-

1) No irritating Radio Interference messages continually popping up.
2) RC update works as expected.
2017-12-20
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-20 04:24
I've noticed that the radio interference warnings have now gone, which were prevalent under V4.1.18.
Also that iOS DJI Go 4 V4.1.20 recognises RC firmware and flags update as needed. This is a biggie as there were a number of reports where P4 had been upgraded, but not the RC, as required to work properly.
Subsequently with iOS V4.1.18 people had to jump through hoops to get the RC firmware to update to V1.9.3 as needed. All should now be as before, with the P4 RC update being flagged up in the Aircraft Status menu (it does not show in 'About' / 'check for update')

Please see: P4P; DJI Go4; Max Altitude defaulting to "0". Cannot set to 120M
2017-12-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-12-18 18:42
DJI sadly don't document the fixes though. I'm assuming they've fixed the controller firmware update issue as a minimum, but I'm yet to test that. Perhaps the incorrect "interference" messages too?

The USB also seems to be very stable now. Running all the latest (A/C Beta 02.00.0600) firmware etc on my P4, no problems at all seen with USB connection dropping out (using iPad Pro 9.7 @ iOS 11.2.1).

Previous build I had seen situations where switching to screen settings to adjust brightness and then back to DJI Go 4 would cause USB to disconnect from RC, which could be resolved by unplugging USB and reinserting.

I've tried running Apps in background, aircraft & RC powering up/down, DJI Go 4 closed and reopened. USB connection seems to come up good every time.
Update I've managed to break it once with about eight Apps open, tried again with twelve open and all good. So maybe not perfect, but with DJI Go4 only running it should be close to 'It just works :-) '.
2017-12-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-29 16:54
The USB also seems to be very stable now. Running all the latest (A/C Beta 02.00.0600) firmware etc on my P4, no problems at all seen with USB connection dropping out (using iPad Pro 9.7 @ iOS 11.2.1).

Previous build I had seen situations where switching to screen settings to adjust brightness and then back to DJI Go 4 would cause USB to disconnect from RC, which could be resolved by unplugging USB and reinserting.

Hi again. Just gotten around to trying out v4.1.20 on both my P4 (running latest beta) and P4P (running new prod). Both flew fine, with the exception of some jerkiness and not quite finding Home - both were about 1/2 metre off. But the day was windy, so I'll try again when wind is less.

Otherwise, no USB issues myself, but then there was only one app in the background. GO reported High Wind with the P4P and used craft Precision Landing when coming down under RTH  (but it stopped as it was off point, saying that the location had changed). GO with P4 didn't report High Wind, nor did the craft say it was using Precision Landing.  I thought the P4 had Precision Landing now too - I'll have to check that.

Otherwise, I noted that there were no transmission break-ups, but they weren't long flights. Also tried Litchi with the P4 and I could swear that the P-mode speed was faster than when flying with GO. The S-mode speed was much the same.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules