Can't get direct connect video through wired adapter to work
1361 12 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

I have a brand new Osmo Pro kit, a brand new wired adapter, and a brand new CrystalSky Osmo mount... using my CrystalSky 5.5-inch monitor that I've had for a while.  No matter what I do, I have been unable to get the direct connect video to work to my CrystalSky.  I've spend hours so far working on this.  The WiFi connection works just fine but the direct wired connection just doesn't work.  I'v etried everything I can think of and I'm getting very frustrated with something that was just supposed to work as soon as I turned it on.

I need HELP please!
2017-12-18
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

Just adding to my post... it just seems like there is no connection whatsoever between the CrystalSky monitor and the X5 camera.  All of the camera parameters as normally displayed on teh top of the screen are "N/A".   
2017-12-18
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

One more piece of additional information.... If I am operating with WiFi between the Osmo handle and teh X5, and I put the Osmo handle in sleep mode, when I power up the Osmo handle again the Wifi re-connects in a few seconds and everything is goo on WiFi.  BUT.. if I have the wired adapter plugged into the X5 adapter and I do this, the WiFi does not reconnect when I power up the Osmo handle from sleep mode.  So what if I wanted to use a Focus Handwheel with teh Osmo Pro and still use only WiFi?  This says that is impossible to do with the wired adapter in place.  Is this right?   I'm trying to pin down teh point of teh problem here so I know what to do, assuming that I am not making some setup error here.
2017-12-18
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

I think, you have an old Firmware version installed. I had the same problem with the older Firmware version.
2017-12-18
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

MenSch0r Posted at 2017-12-18 23:50
I think, you have an old Firmware version installed. I had the same problem with the older Firmware version.

MenSchOr... are you talking about firmware in the Osmo handle or teh CrystalSky?  As far as I can tell they are both running the most recent version but I'l all ears   Thanks for your response
2017-12-19
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

jmrfoto Posted at 2017-12-19 08:53
MenSchOr... are you talking about firmware in the Osmo handle or teh CrystalSky?  As far as I can tell they are both running the most recent version but I'l all ears   Thanks for your response

I talking about the firmware from the X5.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jmrfoto, sorry for the trouble caused, can you see the image transmission when you connect Wired Video Adapter to Android mobile device?
2017-12-20
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-20 02:31
Hi Jmrfoto, sorry for the trouble caused, can you see the image transmission when you connect Wired Video Adapter to Android mobile device?

When I use a Samsung Galaxy Tablet I get teh exact same results.  The WiFi works just fine but the wired adapter connection results in a black screen and no camera connection at all.  Exactly the same results as with the CrystalSky
2017-12-20
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

MenSch0r Posted at 2017-12-19 23:37
I talking about the firmware from the X5.

I have no idea how to update the X5 firmware... can you supply information?
2017-12-20
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

PROBLEM SOLVED:  Taking the suggestion made I decided to try an X5 firmware update to solve the problem.  Found updated firmware at the link below and followed the update guidelines and teh problem is solved!  My wired video is now working....
2017-12-20
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

jmrfoto Posted at 2017-12-20 14:34
PROBLEM SOLVED:  Taking the suggestion made I decided to try an X5 firmware update to solve the problem.  Found updated firmware at the link below and followed the update guidelines and teh problem is solved!  My wired video is now working....

Link where I found the firmware update.........

https://www.dji.com/osmo-pro-and ... te_search#downloads
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

That is great to know, congrats, please let us know if there is further problem.
2017-12-21
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Great
Sorry for delay, christmas, you know
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules