If you have a Spark share your experience HERE
1840 24 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

Just tell us what colour your spark is and do you enjoy using it!

2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. Please feel free to share your experience here.
2017-12-19
Use props
BROLL
lvl.2
United States

I have the meadow green spark. It's my first drone so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I've been extremely happy with it so far. Just have to work on my flying skills and editing now.
2017-12-19
Use props
MsRange30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

chameleon green to purple! I get a lot of compliments from people especially those with drones.
2017-12-19
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

White combo.
I am very happy with the little bird - as long as I do not fly. Outside I’ve a queasy feeling lately. Recently, the GPS was suddenly gone - from 18 satellites to 0 - only briefly, but WHY? I’ve been flying over the same meadow since July, no issues, not even in Greece. Flying with the QX350 is more relaxed at the moment.
An EMERGENCY OFF function should be a MUST on each drone. But with „care refresh“ it is difficult ...
2017-12-19
Use props
LJ1986
New
Norway

I got a red one, not bad so far except the other day one of my batteries decided to eject itself when the drone was about 60m in the air, drone fell onto the snow and seems to be working fine but I could not find the battery
2017-12-19
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-19 00:34
Hi, guys. Please feel free to share your experience here.

My experience is one of being ignored by DJI.

My Spark has been sat in it's box for one month since an App upgrade blocked OTG usage.  Even though I know it wasn't supported, it was the only way I could fly (with video) more than 50 metres.

Despite me asking many times whether you intend to provide OTG support or not, you keep providing a vague answers about engineers working on it.

That is my experience with the Spark.
2017-12-19
Use props
OU812
lvl.1

United States

I couldn't get the app to connect to the Spark even though I was connected through Wifi. And DJI's website/forum are TERRIBLE for trying to find answers or get help. I'm returning mine without ever even getting the propellers to turn.
2017-12-19
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

I've got an Alpine white but have two sticker sets on the way. On is digital cammo and the other is black and yellow warning strips with fake aluminium siding panels, not fitted either yet though
2017-12-19
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

Mine is a red FlyMore Combo. As far as my experience goes:
1) DJI GO4 app is a crap! Its is claimed to work on "Android version 4.4.0 or later" so it should at the very least work on vanilla plain Android. But it does not. DJI stuff answer is to try one of recommended devices, but then if you report a problem with DJI Go4 on a recommended device (there was a thread two days ago - someone had a problem with Nexus 6p which is on the list), DJI reaction was: try iOS device. Quite arrogant answer in my opinion.
2) The drone itself is solid and quite well build. The flight time could be longer and it could be less noisy, but all in all I'm quite satisfied with the hardware.
3) The firmware lacks two important features: raw support and 25 fps. And DJI is not going to provide them.
4) I have not experienced a yaw error myself, but quite a number of people reported to experience it. In a number of cases it is very unlikely that it was caused by magnetic interference (a label some people here try to stick to every case of a yaw error, evidently lacking basic knowledge of physics). This may suggest a bug in the firmware (if we are lucky) or a misdesign of the Spark (if we are less lucky).
5) Although I have always used wifi not OTG to connect my phone to RC, I still don't see a reason behind connecting two devices separated by inches using wifi instead of a cable. In fact I don't really see much reason behind using mobile at all, why RC cannot have its own screen? Even if it means that it costs 100-150 bugs more...

2017-12-19
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Mine was white and now sports a lot of day glow stickers from office file labels.  It looks pretty wierd.  I want to be able to find if I have to ground it away from myself.  I think the camoflage stickers offered for sale are hilarious.  As far as how it flies, it has been flawless.  Updates have been easy enough.  Spark has this sticker on it.

tea Stabby-The-Unicorn-clean_800x.jpg
2017-12-19
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

White, now yellow (DecalGirl Wrap). Totally enjoy my Saprk, would buy again without hesitation

BTW: why do my pics load upside down?
IMG_0436.JPG
2017-12-19
Use props
Whosin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56109 ft
Canada

jimm00re Posted at 2017-12-19 10:13
White, now yellow (DecalGirl Wrap). Totally enjoy my Saprk, would buy again without hesitation
[view_image]

Is that landing gear? does it work with prop guard? does it give any flying issue?
2017-12-19
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

It has been a challenge and have spent a lot of time going through tutorial videos, reading about issues, practicing in the simulator, buying a dedicated phone, buying Litchi flight controller.  Came to the conclusion this drone is not a plug and play device.

Was finally able to successfully fly the drone around some in the country side with no issues, and am now happy, and impressed with the technology.   Feel I'm still on the steep side of the learning curve and worried about other issues that may come up.

Drone is White, but thinking should put some color decals or something on it so it would be easier to find if it falls into the snow.
2017-12-19
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

LJ1986 Posted at 2017-12-19 02:37
I got a red one, not bad so far except the other day one of my batteries decided to eject itself when the drone was about 60m in the air, drone fell onto the snow and seems to be working fine but I could not find the battery

Hello same happened to this guy on youtube
2017-12-19
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

[view_image]

the upside down image does look pretty cool
2017-12-19
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

[view_image]

And ill try getting the correct image up I might fail but lets try
2017-12-19
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

[view_image]

gotcha image right
2017-12-19
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
United States

Whosin Posted at 2017-12-19 11:33
Is that landing gear? does it work with prop guard? does it give any flying issue?

I don't have the prop guards - I'd guess not?  They are very light weight and I've had no issues with them except they do snap easy if not carefully removed - with that said totally woth the one drawback.
2017-12-19
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

jimm00re Posted at 2017-12-19 15:03
I don't have the prop guards - I'd guess not?  They are very light weight and I've had no issues with them except they do snap easy if not carefully removed - with that said totally woth the one drawback.

well, you won't be able to attach the prop guards as in the photo. Prop guards snap on but the landing is taking the place
2017-12-19
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

Djay101 Posted at 2017-12-19 15:55
well, you won't be able to attach the prop guards as in the photo. Prop guards snap on but the landing is taking the place

2017-12-19
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

sorry Jim for using your drone pic for example
2017-12-19
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
United States

Djay101 Posted at 2017-12-19 15:56
sorry Jim for using your drone pic for example

Not a problem - It was a good way to provide clarification. Also, thanks for the pic rotation. The forum software seems to coflict with my iPad.  
2017-12-19
Use props
Djay101
lvl.2
Australia

jimm00re Posted at 2017-12-19 16:37
Not a problem - It was a good way to provide clarification. Also, thanks for the pic rotation. The forum software seems to coflict with my iPad.

No ploblems
2017-12-20
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

I should have brought the mavic.

On my third spark now (white), first one the battery fell out at 20 feet and crashed to the ground and badly broke up, second one I paid for a replacement in Shenzhen China , it was a refurbished unit but the ssid information on the body didn't match the internals so I couldn't fly it with my iPad , eventually after some arm wrestling with the employees at the dji store in Shenzhen I got a new spark.

So far so good but I'm paranoid about losing this one , really don't trust it. I have my phone number written on top of the drone, elastic band around the back of the battery compartment and running the rc with parabolic reflectors because the range is terrible.

I've flown a fair few smaller drones inside and outside but I'm not an experience pilot, I brought the spark as an intelligent drone but unfortunately found to my cost that it has many faults.

I guess I should have understood earlier that this is really a selfie drone with a rc which can get you into problems.unless of course you fly in the USA in FCC mode when actually this is a decent drone, no range issues , less interference and imu issues.

Found dji support and customer service terrible, typical Chinese company doesn't care about there customers, I should have known better because I spend half each year in China

Fortunately this forum has some good solid members who always help out.

My frank and honest opinion.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules