Need serious help. P3P keeps beeping with no lights when turned on
1206 6 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyView09
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38901 ft
United States

So I have a P3P here and I tried to update it and I think it got corrupted.

So at the moment, I turn the remote on and it does connect to the drone(green light comes on) Then I turn the P3P on and all it does is beeps a loud constant beep and the lights on the arms dont come on. Just keeps beeping

The DJI GO app will open, but when I select the P3P, it doesnt allow me to go into the camera mode.
I can go into the camera mode with the Inspire 1, but no camera view comes up.

Im at a loss here. I have tried downloading the 1.11.020 from DJI and put it on the root on the SD drive and putting it in the drone, turning it on with no success at all. Just keeps beeping.
DJI GO app will not connect to the drone to download firmware.

What do I do?!?!?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, please try to format the SD card and repeat the update progress to check. It will not beep as long as the update is successful. Regarding the lights on the arms, the battery could be powered on, right? If yes, it is suggested to send it in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-18
Use props
SkyView09
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 22:21
Hey there, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, please try to format the SD card and repeat the update progress to check. It will not beep as long as the update is successful. Regarding the lights on the arms, the battery could be powered on, right? If yes, it is suggested to send it in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support

No it has not been crashed. No hard landings either. This all occurred right after I updated to the 1.8 update. I have reformatted the SD card multiple times and uploaded the 1.11.020 firmware with no success as the drone continues to beep very loud with no attempt to upload the firmware.
2017-12-19
Use props
fans1315fef5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106978 ft
United States

I had this situation before.I found that I prematurely stopped the update process. When I turn the p3p back on ,it made a consistent loud noise. According to a Dji video,this is the recovery mood. This process can take minutes or even hours.
I had to store mines in another room from  where I stay.Eventually, it stopped and all was well}.
2017-12-20
Use props
SkyView09
lvl.2
United States

fans1315fef5 Posted at 2017-12-20 01:19
I had this situation before.I found that I prematurely stopped the update process. When I turn the p3p back on ,it made a consistent loud noise. According to a Dji video,this is the recovery mood. This process can take minutes or even hours.
I had to store mines in another room from  where I stay.Eventually, it stopped and all was well}.

But I never stopped the process. It did update to the 1.8. Then I went to do another update, I think it was the battery or the remote, and then all hell raised and it started doing this. Every time I turn the drone on it does a constant loud beep, no lights. Doesn't even have the update light come on by the gimbal.

Will one of those batteries last for hours?
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SkyView09 Posted at 2017-12-20 17:34
But I never stopped the process. It did update to the 1.8. Then I went to do another update, I think it was the battery or the remote, and then all hell raised and it started doing this. Every time I turn the drone on it does a constant loud beep, no lights. Doesn't even have the update light come on by the gimbal.

Will one of those batteries last for hours?

I'm afraid that the issue can not be figured out remotely. And I sincerely suggest to send it in for a fully diagnosis and repair, the local team will take care once it arrived.
2017-12-21
Use props
SkyView09
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-21 00:59
I'm afraid that the issue can not be figured out remotely. And I sincerely suggest to send it in for a fully diagnosis and repair, the local team will take care once it arrived.

Its not my drone, its a customer drone.

And were not sending this back over seas to wait months and pay hundreds of dollars for a repair that may not even work.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules