7715 8 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BvdM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233950 ft
Netherlands

Dear all,

I reckon this may have been asked before, but I couldn't find any direct reference to this question. So here goes.

How does one go about to extract the RTK-GPS data that is (supposedly) stored on the M210-RTK's flight controller? Each image is obviously provided with reference data in the EXIF file, but I'm quiet sure this is provided by the default GPS unit inside the aircraft. I have understood that this is actually possible for images taken using the M600 Pro on which a D-RTK module is installed (even when using non-DJI camera's), so it makes sense to believe this should also be the case for the M210-RTK series.

As a matter of fact, I have been able to get my hands on an official DJI document detailing how one can distill the regular GPS and RTK-GPS coordinates stored for EACH image capture through the DJI Assistant 2 > Data Viewer > Export GPS method. Unfortunately, however, when I follow the same routine using our M210-RTK's .DAT files all it returns is an empty GPS file, with no information or coordinates stored whatsoever.

Ps. I'm well aware of the fact that DJI's D-RTK unit does not provide absolute accuracy, the unit actually being a Differential GPS rather than a RTK-GPS system, but I would still like to extract the RTK-GPS data.

Any help is much appreciated!
2017-12-19
Use props
Adam Chabok
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, KlauGeomatics has announced a new PPK GPS technology for accurate aerial surveying using DJI drones without placing ground targets. See https://www.veritypositioning.com/ for more details.
2018-1-4
Use props
ustitalia
lvl.1
Italy

Hi! Please can you tell us something more about: "official DJI document detailing how one can distill the regular GPS and RTK-GPS coordinates stored for EACH image capture through the DJI Assistant 2 > Data Viewer > Export GPS method." I have a M600+RTK but I can't find how to read log files from RTK...
2018-5-16
Use props
ustitalia
lvl.1
Italy

ustitalia Posted at 2018-5-16 03:07
Hi! Please can you tell us something more about: "official DJI document detailing how one can distill the regular GPS and RTK-GPS coordinates stored for EACH image capture through the DJI Assistant 2 > Data Viewer > Export GPS method." I have a M600+RTK but I can't find how to read log files from RTK...

I'm able to save DAT files attaching RTK module via USB to PC with DJI Assistant 2. But, opening these DAT files with Data Viewer, it seems there's nothing inside... If I try to save GPS data using datavewer the resulting txt file is empty.

Could you suggest another method to be able to open, and use, GPS data from RTK module log files?

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Daniele
2018-5-16
Use props
fans8ea13128
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169478 ft

Denmark

Dear all,

I'm using a matrice 210 RTK.  You have to use DJI Pilot - mission in order to obtain RTK data for the images.

Use "viewer" to open the DAT file then export the GPS data using the export GPS button to generate a text file with the RTK coordinates for the images.

2019-12-10
Use props
Stef.slotter
lvl.1

South Africa

Has anyone found a solution for this
2020-6-15
Use props
SDS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1688061 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8ea13128 Posted at 2019-12-10 06:03
Dear all,

I'm using a matrice 210 RTK.  You have to use DJI Pilot - mission in order to obtain RTK data for the images.

Thanks.  What is the "viewer" app you use to open and export the data in the DAT file?
2021-1-12
Use props
FairleyI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So the RTK data is only used in the mission mode and not the manual flight!? This is very frustrating if so. Is the RTK data stored in the flight log for the manual flight? I use Airdata at present, importing the DJIFlightRecord_YYYY_MM_DD_[HH-MM-SS] text documents taken from the controller. Should this be RTK precision?

Thanks.

2021-3-1
Use props
zzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136086 ft

United States

Any updates? Still trying to extract the RTK GPS data from our Matrice 600 D-RTK.
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules