Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Over Current Discharge Error
6476 15 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anonymous
So I was flying my mavic the other day and flying with my first battery, i was around 100 metres high hovering with 90% battery with light wind and all of the sudden, the app shows "battery over current discharge" for about 5 seconds and just disappeared. Since it was only up for a short while, I ignored it. There wasn't any error until I flew the second battery at the same height with around the same battery percentage and the error popped up again for 5 seconds. It did not reappear with the third battery. I've heard other people with this issue when they're flying at full speed in sport mode but I was just hovering, recording some footage. Those batteries are still fairly new and have been well taken care of like any other li-ion battery I have. What could be the problem for this error to pop up at all?
2017-12-19
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

What versions of the Firmware and DJI GO 4 are you using.   Some have been getting unusual error messages in the latest versions.  Also, if you altitude is significantly high,  you'll likely encounter higher winds than surface.  Keep flying  .... carefully.
2017-12-19
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

Yea, I have discharged and recharged one of the three batteries I have. It states it has only been charged 20 times. I got the whole thing used this weekend, so will let it sit for a month and discharge, see if that works. Otherwise, I am just chalking it up as a bad battery as the person I got it from cannot locate the warranty, bought the extended coverage from a company that is out of business etc.. so, figure 2 of three batteries work, so will have to buy a new one.

Sucks... you would think DJI would be able to see, like I do, that it has only been charged 20 times and maybe run the serial # or something, but putting the onus on the owner to show a receipt and prove whatever and only having a 6-month warranty....

Not a good feeling about this purchase and only had it for 3 days.

Anyway, sorry.. on a rant atm as I have been unable to resolve the same issue.

Russ
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, could you please help to export the data from your drone and provide me with the screenshot of the firmware info? I would like to have our engineers for a check first. Please refer to the tutorial below and upload the data to Dropbox so I can download it.
Here is the route for checking the firmware: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. Thank you so much.
2017-12-19
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

Rancher Posted at 2017-12-19 09:31
Yea, I have discharged and recharged one of the three batteries I have. It states it has only been charged 20 times. I got the whole thing used this weekend, so will let it sit for a month and discharge, see if that works. Otherwise, I am just chalking it up as a bad battery as the person I got it from cannot locate the warranty, bought the extended coverage from a company that is out of business etc.. so, figure 2 of three batteries work, so will have to buy a new one.

Sucks... you would think DJI would be able to see, like I do, that it has only been charged 20 times and maybe run the serial # or something, but putting the onus on the owner to show a receipt and prove whatever and only having a 6-month warranty....

Before you get bent and spend money on a new battery, let's try to see if there is really a problem.  Using the DJI Assistant program, retrieve the .DAT file for one of the flights in question and download it to  Dropbox and post the location.  There are several forum readers who should be able to analyse the data and give an opinion.

It  could be that the overcurrent message is erroneous or insignificant.  Have you noticed a rapid reduction in battery % remaining?
2017-12-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I've only seen that once, while flying in Sports Mode at full-speed for a sustained period; I slowly brought it home and didn't see the error or any unexpected battery drain again, though I'm keeping an eye on that battery. It's possible that at altitude the drone is experiencing gusts of wind not evident from the ground and is forced to rapidly amp up the motors to stay in position.
2017-12-20
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happened to me on a couple of occasions. Needed to upgrade battery with copter on DA2. Once refreshed, it went away. It was a bit nerve-wracking and seeing that while flying as it somehow lost some power in forward position.
2017-12-20
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-12-20 08:59
Before you get bent and spend money on a new battery, let's try to see if there is really a problem.  Using the DJI Assistant program, retrieve the .DAT file for one of the flights in question and download it to  Dropbox and post the location.  There are several forum readers who should be able to analyse the data and give an opinion.

It  could be that the overcurrent message is erroneous or insignificant.  Have you noticed a rapid reduction in battery % remaining?

I hear ya and am totally not "bent".. irritated a little, but.. well, having too much fun to be "bent" lol

There is another thread on the forum that I posted in where I mentioned that the DJI assistant does not work either... I cannot get the "captcha" to appear. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, held my breathe, kicked the dog.. lol

So, not sure what else to do with that either. I have a solid PC.. hrm.. DJI... does it run on ios? Let me check.. sec..

Okay, DJI Assistant works on the phone, but DJI Assistance II does not work on the PC.. heh, so maybe the phone can grab the info. I'll see what it does and update here.

I am still learning and trust me, soaking it all in and having fun.

But.. be warned....

Too late! Already got 3 more batteries... muahahahahah

lol

Yea, DJI 1 - no good.. only detects Ronin or A2.. welp.. that was short lived.. heh

Russ

2017-12-20
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Allrighty fellas. I think I may have solved the DJI battery overage issue as well as the DJI Assistant 2 CAPTCHA issue. Bear with me, I will try not to ramble too much and I will verify this all later today (I will explain why in a sec...heh).. but, if I can get it fixed, I will post a thread with what I believe the issue(s) is and maybe help others. Here is what I found:

(note: If I sound mad or frustrated, it is not with DJI.. it is with a lack of time.. I am impatient and life gets in the way of me figuring it out... hence why I am up at 4:30 am showed and dressed and such and already posting lol)

Okay, I think 3 reasons why the DJI assistant issue has not been resolved sooner:

1 - People just worked.. and did not 'get' why the small percentage of folks did not. Those that worked, just like me initially, never needed or knew about DJI assistant, so..
2 - People that did not work, gave up. I know I thought about it.. but was too stubborn..heh...
3 - People that got it to work by 'wash-rinse-repeat' simply did not look further.

So, here is what got me thinking. I am the guy people hire to "figure this cr..stuff out'. I remembered seeing the switch on the side of the Mavic that said "wifi" or "RC?" whatever that switch is.. lol.. you know.. by the SD card slot. Did not think anything more than, "why the heck is that there, right?

Fast forward to the battery issue. Now, the "fix" is to re-flash.. blah blah.. and I am like, "how the heck you do that?" "Well, dummy, go into DJIA2 and.." Well, DJIA2 no worky worky" so, I get pulled into 2 different issues and neither gets resolved. Pure fluke. Either one would have been easy to fix alone.

Well, now, get to the point, right?

I have a desktop. Since I had almost no time this week, I had not looked at the Event logs of the PC itself to see what the Application was telling me. When I did, I see all these 'red bangs' from DJI. Since the application was giving me no errors outside the norm... that seemed strange. I look deeper, and it is my network drivers for the Bigfoot network card.

Okay, I am connected via the MicroUSB cable.. why in the world do I care about the network card? Remember, I had no idea what the heck DJI A2 was, what it looked like working, how it functioned...

Remember that switch for wifi?

Okay.. let's take the desktop out of the equation:

I took an old laptop and installed DJI A2.. it was painful.. lol.. kid's old laptop, Winblows 7 Pro and like 128k ram.. (joking).. but, it worked. When I got logged into DJI, I saw the wifi connection aspect.

Here is what I see:

1 - People look at DJI 2 as an application that runs on their PC/Laptop. I think it uses an Internet browser and the captcha is generated server-side, not locally. I watched the processes in the background, initially, and Firefox etc was spiking, so I swapped default browsers trying to isolate the browser plugins etc, no go.

2 - When the network driver popped an error, it prevented/affected the server response for the captcha.

SO... in a nutshell:

1 - DJI Assistant 2 - If you cannot see a CAPTCHA - You need to look towards the network drivers and a conflict. The application LOOKS to run locally, and you may be connected to the Internet, you can even log into the DJI site through the DJI Assistant 2 application the FIRST time because it does not ask for a CAPTCHA.. so it all works, but the way the program is written, it BINDS to the network driver for authentication and if it does not get bound correctly, then you will not see a CAPTCHA. Uninstalling and reinstalling MAY resolve the issue.. but, this is a problem with both the local security policies as well as how the application is coded to bind.

2 - The battery issue - overage / bad cell.. blah blah. - Unless you are at 50% or more on the battery charge.. lol.. you will not be able to fix it until you charge.. but.. there is a choice to REFRESH the Firmware within the DJI A2 application. I will post a FULL resolution document with screenshots later, once I get more coffee in me as well as TIME.. heh, but, for folks that keep asking for help and the wonderful people with experience who do not have the issue but try to assist anyway, it is daunting when you have no perspective on what the program looks like to see how it is fixable...hopefully.. heh

So.. Daddy hopes to have 6 working batteries tonight... lol

Thank you all for your help!

I will update later today.

Russ
2017-12-21
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

FYI - It would appear that installing the DJI Assistant 2 onto the laptop and then doing a "Refresh" of the Drone Firmware WITH the "bad battery" in the Drone fully charged, resolved my DJI and my battery issues. Took over an hour on my slow as heck laptop, but the battery no longer generates an error message and DJI Assistant 2 works perfectly fine.

SO...

Will DJI Assistant still have issues on some PCs? Yes, any PC that the Network driver is unable to bind to the installed DJI drivers. This is NOT a "DJI" problem so much as it is a network card driver issue.

I have 2 network cards in that PC and will disable to BigFoot one later and enable the other to test this theory. This will PROBABLY require an uninstall and reinstall of the DJI Assistant APP so it can bind to the new network interface, but not a big deal.

And, once that is done, refreshing the firmware on the drone should fix any battery issues of "over current" or whatever that was.. heh

Thanks for letting me ramble on and think "outloud" and for all the insight and input!

I now have 6 functioning batteries! BAM!

Russ
2017-12-21
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

Glad it worked out.
2017-12-21
Use props
mz-in-norcal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1005049 ft
United States

I had a similar thing happen to me today.  In Sports Mode, going full forward, I anticipated needing to start climbing so I applied full up too.  I got the Battery overcurrent discharge message a couple of times, and then a Battery Error.  The screen on my phone went dark.  Looking at the drone I saw it losing altitude, but the props were still moving (possibly just airflow).  It disappeared behind trees so I thought it had crashed.  As I started contemplating how I was going to mount my rescue mission, I see the phone's screen light up and show me flight video - but it was in RTH.

I surmise that I over-taxed the battery when requiring both forward and up.  The overcorrect may have moved the battery level lower than the ESCs can function, so the power was virtually cut off.  Immediately, the voltage shot back up again, and the circuit powered back on.  At that point it either had trouble receiving my signal or the battery error may have been why the Mavic was in RTH mode.

If the Mavic truly falls out of the sky when this happens, then there needs to be a protection built into the software to prevent overtaxing the battery, or at least, determining it earlier and automatically reducing power.  A falling Mavic could be a huge hazard to others, and could result in injuries or lawsuits.
Some other details:  The battery has about 10 flights on it.  It came with the Mavic that was purchased and first flown around Decembr 29.
Tempreature was 70F.  I was a few minutes into the flight and had many almost 20 minutes of charge remaininng.
2018-2-4
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-19 23:25
Hi there, could you please help to export the data from your drone and provide me with the screenshot of the firmware info? I would like to have our engineers for a check first. Please refer to the tutorial below and upload the data to Dropbox so I can download it.
Here is the route for checking the firmware: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. Thank you so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Hi DJI Thor below for you my second issue during flight.
I'm waiting for your reply

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... UYgcaYi?usp=sharing
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-30 01:18
Hi DJI Thor below for you my second issue during flight.
I'm waiting for your reply

Hi Guido, I am sorry, I don't understand your question clearly, could you please explained it in more details? Besides, the data you provided seems from the third-party apps, right? If there is a need to review your data, please kindly export the data from the drone or sync your flight records so we can review it. Thank you.
2018-7-30
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-30 05:15
Hi Guido, I am sorry, I don't understand your question clearly, could you please explained it in more details? Besides, the data you provided seems from the third-party apps, right? If there is a need to review your data, please kindly export the data from the drone or sync your flight records so we can review it. Thank you.

Hi DJI Thor in the last flights I had over current warnings so I would like to know if this may represent a possible  incident situation (current interruption or so on).
Yes export is about thirty party software do I need to upload data from DJI app?
How can I download files?
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-7-30 07:50
Hi DJI Thor in the last flights I had over current warnings so I would like to know if this may represent a possible  incident situation (current interruption or so on).
Yes export is about thirty party software do I need to upload data from DJI app?
How can I download files?

Thank you for getting back, please help to confirm if it is the motor current error or the battery current error warning. If it is the motor current error, you can update the firmware and the app to the latest firmware. If it is the battery over current, you can provide me with the screenshot of the message, export the flight data from the drone via the DJI Assistant 2. You can refer to the tutorial of Phantom 4 below, the method is the same. Thank you.
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules