Phantom 3 Standard flight issues!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BamaNate22
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys! Newbie here, so I’m having some issues with my phantom 3 standard. We got about 9” of snow the other week.( we don’t get much snow in theses parts) So I decided to fly the drone around and take some videos of the snow fall. Well about 15 min into the flight, the drone began to do its own thing. Regardless of which way I was steering the aircraft, it kept flying further away in the opposite direction,,, until it ran out of signal loss and automatically went RTH. It flew back toward the home point, but when it reached the home point it flew right past and flew on in the opposite direction again. I was able to regain some control but it seemed to be fighting me. I got it back to within 150M and about 60M high before it went into a figure 8 erratic flight pattern. I took my hands off the control sticks and the drone immediately went to max speed and crashed into a nearby wood lot. Thank the Lord I was able to follow the gps and it still had enough battery life so the lights were still on. I just assumed it was bc of the cold temps that had it acting crazy. I tried to fly it again this past weekend, to do an aerial survey of some land I wanted to purchase. I turn it on, made sure the sync up was good. Calibrated the compass and updated home point, cranked the aircraft, lifted off. As soon off the ground, it went to max speed again and crashed into some trees limbs and fell not 50M from Me. Now if I turn it on, I notice one of the blades isn’t spinning as fast as the others. So,,,, my questions are: What might be the cause of why my drone would act that way in flight; and would a bad motor be the reason one of the blades isn’t spinning the speed as the other 3? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
2017-12-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

wich version APP do you use ? android / iOS ? did it happen after new firmware update ?
2017-12-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If it was mine, I'd calibrate the IMU, calibrate the compass, calibrate the controller.  

Next time you fly make sure you have at least 7 satellites and the home point is marked correctly before you launch.

If the motor's actually bad, replace it.  

Good luck
2017-12-19
Use props
BamaNate22
lvl.1

United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-19 08:30
wich version APP do you use ? android / iOS ? did it happen after new firmware update ?

IOS. But I don’t think I’ve been able to upgrade the firmware. How can I check to see what Version I am using?
2017-12-19
Use props
BamaNate22
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-19 08:32
If it was mine, I'd calibrate the IMU, calibrate the compass, calibrate the controller.  

Next time you fly make sure you have at least 7 satellites and the home point is marked correctly before you launch.

Any idea on how to determine if the motor is bad? YouTube has a few good videos on replacing a motor in one, it doesn’t seem that difficult.
2017-12-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's hard to imagine the AC hovering aloft in the air with one motor/prop spinning slower than the other three.  What makes you think this is happening?  Maybe you're mistaken about that... ?
2017-12-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Could be that it crashed twice and something was damaged.
2017-12-19
Use props
BamaNate22
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-19 16:39
It's hard to imagine the AC hovering aloft in the air with one motor/prop spinning slower than the other three.  What makes you think this is happening?  Maybe you're mistaken about that... ?

Well after the second crash, I powered the aircraft back on and started the motors. I could visually see the one motor not spinning in tune with the other motors. That’s why I was curious to find out to test if a motor is bad or maybe it something else. But you are right, I doubt it would be able to hover that way also.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BamaNate22 Posted at 2017-12-19 15:55
IOS. But I don’t think I’ve been able to upgrade the firmware. How can I check to see what Version I am using?

Hi, Bama. In your case, I would recommend you contact our support and start a case first:http://www.dji.com/support. Please provide the flight record to them so that we can help you locate the problem. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-24
Use props
BamaNate22
lvl.1

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-24 23:43
Hi, Bama. In your case, I would recommend you contact our support and start a case first:http://www.dji.com/support. Please provide the flight record to them so that we can help you locate the problem. Thanks for your support.

This is in response to your comment on my post involving DJI phantom 3 flight issues. How do I start a case with support? Do I need to send my drone to support also?
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules