2 Mavics 1 Controller
4431 10 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ariel øjne
lvl.4
Denmark

Hi one and all first post so be gentle please - I have two mavic pro's and both have there own controller but i would idealy like to have just one controller set up for both the Mavics. Is this possible please and would it mean that both Mavics would then have the same settings. I just dont want to have to lug around a second controller when i dont have to. If i have to re pair each Mavic each time i fly it that would also be a pain as really all i want is for both Mavics to have the same settings and that would mean I have to go through all the settings on one to set the same as the other.
Any help as to how this may be done would be appreciated or maybe an easy way to copy settings from one mavic to another if I have to keep both Controllers.
Thanks in Advance to one all all.
Good Tideing to you all at this festive time of year.

2017-12-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting question, but I don’t believe it can be done.
2017-12-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can do it but EVERYTIME, you have to relink the controller to the MP that you will be flying, which is kind of ??!!!???
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Ariel, 2 Mavic Pros can be linked on one RC, but you can't have two of them linking to one RC at the same time. You need to pair the drone with the RC when it is linking with another. Settings cannot be shared, but some of the settings are following with the drone, once you set it up, if you don't refresh the firmware, you might not need to set it again.
2017-12-19
Use props
Ariel øjne
lvl.4
Denmark

Woe Posted at 2017-12-19 09:45
Very interesting question, but I don’t believe it can be done.

Thank you for your reply i feared that may be the answer.
2017-12-20
Use props
Ariel øjne
lvl.4
Denmark

dronist Posted at 2017-12-19 13:01
You can do it but EVERYTIME, you have to relink the controller to the MP that you will be flying, which is kind of ??!!!???

Thanks for your response and yes its a bit counter productive if i have to do it each time before i fly.
2017-12-20
Use props
Ariel øjne
lvl.4
Denmark

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-19 14:33
Dronist supplied the correct answer.

Thank you.
2017-12-20
Use props
Ariel øjne
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-19 22:15
Hi Ariel, 2 Mavic Pros can be linked on one RC, but you can't have two of them linking to one RC at the same time. You need to pair the drone with the RC when it is linking with another. Settings cannot be shared, but some of the settings are following with the drone, once you set it up, if you don't refresh the firmware, you might not need to set it again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52F4hlR4MA&t=3s&index=19&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Thanks for your response I don't want to have them in the air at the same time but if i land one turn it off and then fly with the second one its a quick turnaround and I hoped to have the same settings for cam settings ,fly height etc to stay the same.
"You need to pair the drone with the RC when it is linking with another"
Sorry that has confused me, do you mean I need to pair the 2 mavcis at the same time as in go through the pairing procedure but with both mavic's at same time ????
Sorry I am being a bit blonde :-)
2017-12-20
Use props
Jefferey Drone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48465 ft
  • >>>
United States

can I have 2 controllers and if one is off the other one will work  ? vis versa ?
can they be programmed to one Mavic I am asking.
2017-12-20
Use props
fansba482110
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1484856 ft
Hong Kong

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-20 09:47
You can pair two controllers (and up to two goggles) to a single Mavic.  On the controllers one is typically the Master while the other is the Trainer.  The Master takes precedence & the Trainer is locked out until 1/2 second after the Master applies an input.  Not sure what would happen if you powered on the bird with only the Trainer remote attached?

You can control the Mavic with the secondary RC only. But you cannot change the parameters of the flight controller, vision system, video transmission, Intelligent Flight Battery and gimbal. You can refer to the "Dual Remote Controller Mode" section in the latest manual.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ariel øjne Posted at 2017-12-20 05:06
Thanks for your response I don't want to have them in the air at the same time but if i land one turn it off and then fly with the second one its a quick turnaround and I hoped to have the same settings for cam settings ,fly height etc to stay the same.
"You need to pair the drone with the RC when it is linking with another"
Sorry that has confused me, do you mean I need to pair the 2 mavcis at the same time as in go through the pairing procedure but with both mavic's at same time ????

It is my fault for not stating clearly. I mean, you need to link the RC to the second drone if it is linking with another. The drone will not be able to automatically change the linking.
Let me make an example to make it more clear: one flight is finished, and you have a second Mavic and want to fly it, then you need to shut down the first drone, link the RC to the second drone.
And the settings you mentioned above, they are following along with the drone, so you need to check the settings when you manage the flight with the second drone.
Hope it will be more clear.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules