Will you keep your spark if OTG cables are disabled?
123456Next >
11544 209 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BROLL
lvl.2
United States

With everthing that has been going with the OTG cable I just wondered what everyone was thinking.
Single SelectVote, Total 221 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

53.39% (118)
46.61% (103)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-12-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

This poll is pointless, sorry. OTG support will come when it is ready for release. This has been clearly stated by DJI.
2017-12-19
Use props
BROLL
lvl.2
United States

I hope that you're correct. Wasn't trying to post a pointless poll. It just seems like OTG cable functionality is getting worse instead of better on both android and apple devices. But I do hope that DJI is able to fix this soon. Video quality for me while in flight has been very choppy with wifi and just makes it difficult to shoot/fly sometimes. And I am new to this so I won't rule that maybe it's something on my end that is making the video feed choppy?
2017-12-19
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Patience, patience, patience !!!
Good things come to those who wait.
2017-12-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-19 09:58
This poll is pointless, sorry. OTG support will come when it is ready for release. This has been clearly stated by DJI.

You are very otimistic, watchberger.
There was a chance, as only androids lost the OTG.
But the latest version for iOS seems to be 'otg-free', too

The last hope is the CS
At least, that someone can hack that android app and make it available for phones and tablets
2017-12-19
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

I hope not , it's the only way my dji goggles work with the spark.
2017-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-19 10:13
There was a chance, as only androids lost the OTG.

I don’t have any problem with otg using up to date 4.1.20 , where are you getting this info from and what are the problems?
2017-12-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

try NLD nolimitdronze, they have an app that is hacked using the 4.1.13 and 4.1.18 that can use OTG and alot more  

https://nolimitdronez.com
2017-12-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

m1n1s Posted at 2017-12-19 10:24
I hope not , it's the only way my dji goggles work with the spark.

DJI googles is and DJI CS will soon, too!
2017-12-19
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-19 09:58

You're wrong, this is extremely important and the clearest way that unhappy users will get the message to DJI that we need/want OTG.

"This has been clearly stated by DJI"   What?? They have ignored every direct question on the subject, you've fallen for the 'our engineers are working on it' clap trap.
2017-12-19
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Where is choice 3?
3. Get another phone device.
2017-12-19
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

I cannot fly with a peace of mind when not using OTG. The frequent laggy or disconnected video feed is just frustrating. I really hope that DJI makes OTG fully supported asap.
2017-12-19
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-19 11:30
You're wrong, this is extremely important and the clearest way that unhappy users will get the message to DJI that we need/want OTG.

"This has been clearly stated by DJI"   What?? They have ignored every direct question on the subject, you've fallen for the 'our engineers are working on it' clap trap.

They are probably ignoring questions because they've already answered a bunch of times. They have stated OTG is NOT SUPPORTED. Asking the same question over and over tends to get old, there a dozens of threads about this.
2017-12-19
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-12-19 12:34
They are probably ignoring questions because they've already answered a bunch of times. They have stated OTG is NOT SUPPORTED. Asking the same question over and over tends to get old, there a dozens of threads about this.

i've asked if it will be supported, that hasn't been answered.
2017-12-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fansfa9c1c91 Posted at 2017-12-19 12:20
I cannot fly with a peace of mind when not using OTG. The frequent laggy or disconnected video feed is just frustrating. I really hope that DJI makes OTG fully supported asap.

They will and have stated it clearly. Just very few people here are not able or willing to read and understand it but keep on creating hysteria and worse across the forum.
2017-12-19
Use props
Rbstansbury
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7579 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-19 12:59
They will and have stated it clearly. Just very few people here are not able or willing to read and understand it but keep on creating hysteria and worse across the forum.

Can you provide a link where they have stated this clearly?  There is certainly a lot of confusion on this topic and I’ve searched the form but can’t not find a company official statement on this?  Thanks!
2017-12-19
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think they will formally support OTG with the Spark MKII.

The way they are marketing the current spark,  DJI  just want it to be a fun drone with a selfy camera and hand control gestures,  not a serous photographic tool.

If you want OTG, more than 1080p and increased range get a Mavic
2017-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-19 11:30

"This has been clearly stated by DJI"   What?? They have ignored every direct question on the subject, you've fallen for the 'our engineers are working on it' clap trap.

Think the problem wit these polls is that we know that many come here to complain so anyone who even thinks he has a problem will vote.
So we must take into account the amount of people who visit this thread. At this moment 234 people have visited, I would think if your having a problem you will almost certainly vote, so where might that leave us only 30 people voted 20 are happy if they get no otg 10 are not, but over 200 have not voted and most likely they don’t care . So this type of poll can get skewed and I’m sure dji can look at this the same way.
While getting otg sorted would be a plus, more important than that what needs to be sorted is that those who can’t get advertised distance because of problems with Aircraft FW or SW or proper video transmission for reasons that are not caused because of environment they are flying in , this should be the first thing to be sorted.
I have seen almost no logs of problems people are having put up here almost no videos screenshots etc when Aircraft are flying and having these problems.
I believe to get this sorted people need to put their logs videos etc showing what exactly happening here, but so far I have seen very few.
If I owned a spark that wasn’t preforming as it was advertised I would just ship it back and I would do the same with any product that didn’t preform as was advertised, but that doesn’t seem to be happening.
Can you imagine how dji would respond if hundreds started shipping their drones back saying they weren’t working as they should and you have the logs and videos to prove this.
All I hear is the same few whining, but failing to do anything real about it. Your looking for support to get your problem sorted, stick up some videos and logs you will get much more sympathy and support through that.
2017-12-19
Use props
Loonytik
lvl.1
United States

I'm very new to the Spark(less than 10 flights) and have been mostly happy. I wanted to say that my OTG cable connection on my Android phone seems to be mostly working(is it not supposed to work?). It connects fine and I have MUCH better video feed using the OTG as opposed to WiFi. One thing that doesn't work with the OTG cable is the height and distance readings. They simply don't register.
2017-12-19
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

I got 3MB/s when transfer photos and video using OTG cable, but only got 1MB/s using WiFi. When DJI blocked using OTG ??
2017-12-19
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Good poll, don’t mind watchberger and hallmark they are self appointed moderators if a thread or post isn’t to their they will subvert the thread with long meaningless comments
2017-12-19
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Rather than ignore a thread or poll that they are not interested in or have something meaningful to add they are being the equivalent of self appointed mall cops - the local 50cent army troops watchberger and hallmark

They are the judges of all posts and threads in their own minds

Peace out - just felt like feeding the trolls a little more ;)
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. Please note that our engineers are working on OTG cable and try their best to meet the requirement of customers. But it is not fully tested now. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2017-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-19 20:42
Rather than ignore a thread or poll that they are not interested in or have something meaningful to add they are being the equivalent of self appointed mall cops - the local 50cent army troops watchberger and hallmark

They are the judges of all posts and threads in their own minds

Refer to post 23 instead of trying to continually insult people.
2017-12-20
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes and OTG was "NEVER" supported from the very beginning with DJI.
2017-12-20
Use props
BROLL
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-20 00:10
Hi, guys. Please note that our engineers are working on OTG cable and try their best to meet the requirement of customers. But it is not fully tested now. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Awesome this is great to hear. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
2017-12-20
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

I don't use OTG anymore. Wifi connection works perfectly fine for me.
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Rbstansbury Posted at 2017-12-19 15:38
Can you provide a link where they have stated this clearly?  There is certainly a lot of confusion on this topic and I’ve searched the form but can’t not find a company official statement on this?  Thanks!

One example is post 23# that came after yours and in the 20-30 other threads on this topic you can find more.
2017-12-20
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

I Really took 5 min to decide for posting a reply or not,
It has been a while now since we all had the OTG problem and we all discussed the issue in many other threads.
Personally i am new to drones and Spark was my 1st drone, and before 1st flight  i did lots of research and came to know about OTG and actually i used it on my first flight and never looked to WIFI.
I have seen the DJI support in different threads mentioned that they are working on improving the OTG, and as you all can see they also stated that here.
If OTG issue fixed or not it has nothing to do with me deciding for selling my Spark, the decision will be based on a professional matters, for eg since i liked the idea of drones and am improving my skills i may go for something more pro, in the sense of wider range and longer fly time, i am not saying that spark is not delivering pro level footage , but its also has its own limitations, however what attracted me to Spark was its tiny size and portability. So basically i might not sell it  because  it does great job with less to carry.
Bottom line
if you want to sell your spark or not, it should not be related to OTG, it should be related to other things.
And we all having the same OTG issue we all love it to come back, and we all hoping it will come back. mean while i believe most of us know what is the solution for the time being to overcome that issue.
And so far am using my OTG till further notice.  
2017-12-20
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

If there is no OTG, The Spark will not be recommend for andriod users all over the world except US.  
2017-12-20
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

OTG working fine for me
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-12-20 11:23
I Really took 5 min to decide for posting a reply or not,
It has been a while now since we all had the OTG problem and we all discussed the issue in many other threads.
Personally i am new to drones and Spark was my 1st drone, and before 1st flight  i did lots of research and came to know about OTG and actually i used it on my first flight and never looked to WIFI.

So true words, thank you for this post, Asante Sana!
2017-12-20
Use props
fans3f16d419
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25758 ft
Norway

I only use the wifi on my spark. Super happy with that
2017-12-20
Use props
Kim Aswani
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1574327 ft
India

I don’t see the point. I have been using the OTG cable from the day I got my drone and have not had any issues. I am from India but took my drone on holiday with me to Hongkong and Australia. No issues at all so please  tell us what are the issues you are having and the purpose o& this opinion you seek. Thanks
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Arnor Posted at 2017-12-20 03:50

Thanks for your positive attitude about that. If you encounter any problem with wifi connection, please inform us.
2017-12-21
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 00:09
Thanks for your positive attitude about that. If you encounter any problem with wifi connection, please inform us.

I have informed DJI that I have a problem with WiFi and you have done nothing about it.  My fpv range with WiFi on Android with the 4.1.18 app is 50 metres.

The solution is allowing OTG cable, when is the date of the fix please?
2017-12-21
Use props
lumidair
lvl.4
Slovakia

Arnor Posted at 2017-12-20 03:50

Ha ha ha... Nice fairy story.
2017-12-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find wifi to be the best connection for the spark end of story.
2017-12-21
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-12-21 06:37
I find wifi to be the best connection for the spark end of story.

end of your story, not mine.
2017-12-21
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

I flew the first time without OGT today. And I was suprised how well it worked. But maybe I had luck with no interferences around.
2017-12-21
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules