Will you keep your spark if OTG cables are disabled?
11511 209 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-21 06:44
end of your story, not mine.

Sorry to hear that!
2017-12-21
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

xfirf_ Posted at 2017-12-21 07:08
I flew the first time without OGT today. And I was suprised how well it worked. But maybe I had luck with no interferences around.

I always fly wifi around my neighborhood with no problems.
2017-12-21
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

If they not repair OTG or WiFi for EU users I will return Spark... In EU is Spark rubbish now..
2017-12-21
Use props
Equus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8274 ft
Mexico

fans3f16d419 Posted at 2017-12-20 13:14
I only use the wifi on my spark. Super happy with that

you will need the OTG,
2017-12-21
Use props
Ikmal1753
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8406 ft
Malaysia

Ive been using wifi since my OTG cable seems to stop working on my android phone..when using ios it never had any issue..im using android today and for the first time my spark disconected and the apps just closed for no reason..had a scare there cause im in a middle of a flight out of direct view..had to scramble and reconnect to enable RTH..Spark is my first drone and im looking for many more inthe future..im not debating whether OTG or WiFi is better..just simply hooping for a reliable and stable connection thus experience when using either..keep up the good vibe and just give us the consumer the best..thanks...btw im in Sabah, Malaysia..
2017-12-21
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ikmal1753 Posted at 2017-12-21 08:08
Ive been using wifi since my OTG cable seems to stop working on my android phone..when using ios it never had any issue..im using android today and for the first time my spark disconected and the apps just closed for no reason..had a scare there cause im in a middle of a flight out of direct view..had to scramble and reconnect to enable RTH..Spark is my first drone and im looking for many more inthe future..im not debating whether OTG or WiFi is better..just simply hooping for a reliable and stable connection thus experience when using either..keep up the good vibe and just give us the consumer the best..thanks...btw im in Sabah, Malaysia..

"im not debating whether OTG or WiFi is better..just simply hooping for a reliable and stable connection"

Perfectly said, if stability and reliability were not an issue, we would not be discussing OTG
2017-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-12-21 06:37
I find wifi to be the best connection for the spark end of story.

I agree I haven’t seen many logs or videos showing where all the problems are with WiFi.
2017-12-21
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-21 08:41
I agree I haven’t seen many logs or videos showing where all the problems are with WiFi.

Yea, it's not like its the single most talked about issue on these forums.

2017-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-21 10:33
Yea, it's not like its the single most talked about issue on these forums.

Well as I said if you could upload you video or log showing you can only fly 50 metres then maybe you can get help.
Other than that send it back for a replacement because not all are having such extreme problems as you are.
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Well, according to some reports here, and let me know if you see different, when using RC with WiFi connection it must be in 5.8G, because 2.4G is used for connection to the AC and apparently the RC is not capable of operating two wireless connections (wifi or other) in the 2.4G range simultaneously.
Has anybody seen something different?

And if that's so, that makes the fly more combo ILLEGAL in most EU countries (as well as Israel and some other countries that don't allow 5.8 WiFi)

That's reason enough to activate OTG, or stop selling the fly more combo in those countries and come clean with consumers.

If my first understanding is correct, and again feel free to correct me, then I don;t see the point of this argument. OTG is an absolute MUST, otherwise DJI is breaking the law in several countries.
2017-12-21
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-21 10:45
Well as I said if you could upload you video or log showing you can only fly 50 metres then maybe you can get help.
Other than that send it back for a replacement because not all are having such extreme problems as you are.

Hallmark, you are either incredibly ignorant and have a severe problem understanding the written text or you are a troll and frankly, your post are an insult to all those who have severe problems with the never versions of DJI GO App and Spark firmware. In fact, you are the reason why I decided to post here because the fact that you don't have any problems doesn't mean there are none and the amount of angry posts on this forum over the last month proves you wrong.Everything I mention below is on this forum many times already but specially for you I will say it one more time.

I had to roll back to DJI GO 4 4.1.14 and spark firmware 01.00.0600 due to several issues with the new ones. With this combination I am able to get the most of my Spark. The range (with RC) over the 5,8GHz is about a 100m and over the 2,4 GHz with the OTG cable 400+ which is great (for Europe).

DJI GO 4 4.1.15 added the automatical switching between 2,4 GHz and 5,8 GHz WiFi.Unfortunately, as many of the European users I cannot use the 5,8GHz on my phone and if I manually set the frequency between RC and Spark to 2,4GHz I had to use the OTG to be able to connect to the RC. To use the 5,8GHz again I had to reset the wifi on spark (because I cannot change the channel over the OTG cable) and bond the spark and RC again.

When the newer versions came, the OTG stopped showing crucial flight data like battery charge level and so on and even the range of the 5,8GHz dropped significantly. With DJI Go 4 4.1.18 and firmware 01.00.0701 I was barely able to fly 30m before the signal was so weak I started to loose the connection.

All those problems are software based because with DJI GO 4 4.1.14 and firmware 01.00.0600 it works flawlessly. Spark is an amazing piece of hardware but the software problems are totally kiling it. The only thing that saved the day for me was the possibility of a rollback. Otherwise the spark would be useless to me.
2017-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2017-12-21 11:03
Hallmark, you are either incredibly ignorant and have a severe problem understanding the written text or you are a troll and frankly, your post are an insult to all those who have severe problems with the never versions of DJI GO App and Spark firmware. In fact, you are the reason why I decided to post here because the fact that you don't have any problems doesn't mean there are none and the amount of angry posts on this forum over the last month proves you wrong.Everything I mention below is on this forum many times already but specially for you I will say it one more time.

I had to roll back to DJI GO 4 4.1.14 and spark firmware 01.00.0600 due to several issues with the new ones. With this combination I am able to get the most of my Spark. The range (with RC) over the 5,8GHz is about a 100m and over the 2,4 GHz with the OTG cable 400+ which is great (for Europe).

Which part of my posts are ignorant, and what post have I said that there are no problems.
Putting your foot in you mouth is having a serious effect on the way you read or are you just to ignorant to read post to the end.
That thing between your ears is your brain use it! I have already said on a number of posts that I’m having problems using my android device.
But unlike the ignoramus you are you forgot to read that. It has been said by dji a number of times here on this forum that they are working on sorting out otg.
Remember you didn’t buy your spark with an option to use otg and it’s ignorant to think you did, you were also never promised that you were ever going to be able to use it . But you have been told numerous times that it will be worked on, and no matter how much you shout you won’t get it any quicker and that’s a fact.
2017-12-21
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-21 10:59
Well, according to some reports here, and let me know if you see different, when using RC with WiFi connection it must be in 5.8G, because 2.4G is used for connection to the AC and apparently the RC is not capable of operating two wireless connections (wifi or other) in the 2.4G range simultaneously.
Has anybody seen something different?

Well, Arcicorsa started the discussion over the 5,8GHz band in this topic https://forum.dji.com/thread-120954-1-2.html . It appears that in some countries the 5,8GHz band is prohibited and I believe somebody mentioned that in Israel it should be used by the military and according to this table https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_(802.11a/h/j/n/ac) it is probably really prohibited. You need to verify that information though...
2017-12-21
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-21 11:20
Which part of my posts are ignorant, and what post have I said that there are no problems.
Putting your foot in you mouth is having a serious effect on the way you read or are you just to ignorant to read post to the end.
That thing between your ears is your brain use it! I have already said on a number of posts that I’m having problems using my android device.

In many post through many threads you are constantly diminishing the extent of this problems, and the amount of affected people. I have seen several posts warning others not to waste time replying to you. The advise I intend to take seriously from now on. I just wanted to make sure that everybody reading this thread have the chance to see the sum of those problems for themselves and how I managed to solve it.

I chose the spark thanks to the OTG support (though unofficial), because it works (with the right combination of SW and FW) and gives me the range I need. I am not shouting on anybody. I have no problem waiting for the solution since my workaround with the rollback works fine for me. In fact, you are just confirming you do have a problem with understanding of written text and get quite mad if somebody points that out ;).

2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Vyborny83 Posted at 2017-12-21 11:26
Well, Arcicorsa started the discussion over the 5,8GHz band in this topic https://forum.dji.com/thread-120954-1-2.html . It appears that in some countries the 5,8GHz band is prohibited and I believe somebody mentioned that in Israel it should be used by the military and according to this table https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_(802.11a/h/j/n/ac) it is probably really prohibited. You need to verify that information though...

That somebody who mentioned the illegality of 5.8G for civilian purposes in Israel was me. So I can assure you it's correct...

As for several EU countries, it's also correct (5.8 is allowed for short range devices of which Wifi is not part, even in low power as of now). That was confirmed in my discussion with Arcicorsa and is backed up by documents (even though technically it's stupid).

So in fact, by selling the fly more combo without OTG in countries that don't allow 5.8G Wifi - DJI is breaking the law and is misleading consumers.
That's reason enough to hurry up and support OTG officially, wouldn't you say?

(edit: I'd appreciate it if DJI didn't censor my message despite the harsh terms said here about them. Prove me wrong or deal with the truth.)
2017-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vyborny83 Posted at 2017-12-21 11:54
In many post through many threads you are constantly diminishing the extent of this problems, and the amount of affected people. I have seen several posts warning others not to waste time replying to you. The advise I intend to take seriously from now on. I just wanted to make sure that everybody reading this thread have the chance to see the sum of those problems for themselves and how I managed to solve it.

I chose the spark thanks to the OTG support (though unofficial), because it works (with the right combination of SW and FW) and gives me the range I need. I am not shouting on anybody. I have no problem waiting for the solution since my workaround with the rollback works fine for me. In fact, you are just confirming you do have a problem with understanding of written text and get quite mad if somebody points that out ;).

You seen several posts from the same person, that’s what you’ve seen I never diminished anyone’s problem as I’ve already said I have same problem with android device I paid a lot more for than I did the spark, and I have voiced my opinion of which I’m entitled, it’s very easy to run with the hysteria I choose not to and believe what’s being told here by dji , I’ve been around here a lot longer than most and know how it works, the same people will run for the hills as soon as they are sorted.
2017-12-21
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Interesting to see that there is now even a very sudden and rapidly growing number of self-appointed communication law experts in this forum who have so far not presented a single valid legal document supporting their claims. If you want the correct documents some more research is required and if you want to understand them, some more knowledge is required. Gosh, is it Christmas time that is causing all this stress to some? Shouldn't we rather relax a bit?
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-21 13:00
Interesting to see that there is now even a very sudden and rapidly growing number of self-appointed communication law experts in this forum who have so far not presented a single valid legal document supporting their claims. If you want the correct documents some more research is required and if you want to understand them, some more knowledge is required. Gosh, is it Christmas time that is causing all this stress to some? Shouldn't we rather relax a bit?

Arcicorsa has presented an official document from the Czech communication authority. I can present an official document from the Israeli ministry of communication stating that in Israel, only the lower part of the 5G band is allowed (5.15 - 5.35GHz) - and even that, only indoor. 5.8 is not allowed at all.
Please let me know when you have learned Hebrew, and I will send it to you.
2017-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-21 13:14
Arcicorsa has presented an official document from the Czech communication authority. I can present an official document from the Israeli ministry of communication stating that in Israel, only the lower part of the 5G band is allowed (5.15 - 5.35GHz) - and even that, only indoor. 5.8 is not allowed at all.
Please let me know when you have learned Hebrew, and I will send it to you.

This stuff just sounds crazy, and the funny thing about it all is you have been told by dji that they are working on otg to get it right and support it.
It was never promised, but all this legal threats reporting this reporting that, if something is illegal just send it back report it do the right thing , don’t try to create hysteria by continually shouting for something that you’ve already been told is coming, it’s very difficult to take people who don’t have the strength of their convictions seriously because it all sounds like veiled threats.
Just be done with it send it back report it get your money back, or do you have the backbone, because it’s becoming tiresome and frankly ridiculous.
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

call it what you like. If they sold the fly more combo without OTG support, they sold equipment that cannot legally work in some countries. So if it works, it works illegally. If it doesn't work, then selling it is consumer entrapment.
And I never saw an announcement of when OTG is supposed to be officially supported. It can take months or years. And in the meantime they keep selling equipment that cannot legally work in some countries. I doubt they are informing consumers of that situation...
That's the kind of behavior you wouldn't have accepted from any other company.
2017-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-21 14:10
call it what you like. If they sold the fly more combo without OTG support, they sold equipment that cannot legally work in some countries. So if it works, it works illegally. If it doesn't work, then selling it is consumer entrapment.
And I never saw an announcement of when OTG is supposed to be officially supported. It can take months or years. And in the meantime they keep selling equipment that cannot legally work in some countries. I doubt they are informing consumers of that situation...

Nobody is saying that your wrong , if you believe you have exposed something happening in your country then do the right thing , report it have your illegal goods returned.
It’s very difficult to take this serious and to think that it’s not all just trying to create hysteria if the best you can do about something you feel so strongly is to sit around on dji forum with silly threats when something illegal is going on in your country and you are seen to be doing nothing about it, so it’s very hard to take you seriously.
Yes there has not been an official statement but dji rep’s here have said they are working to get it right and supported, meanwhile there is something illegal going on in your country and you are standing idly by.
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-21 14:34
Nobody is saying that your wrong , if you believe you have exposed something happening in your country then do the right thing , report it have your illegal goods returned.
It’s very difficult to take this serious and to think that it’s not all just trying to create hysteria if the best you can do about something you feel so strongly is to sit around on dji forum with silly threats when something illegal is going on in your country and you are seen to be doing nothing about it, so it’s very hard to take you seriously.
Yes there has not been an official statement but dji rep’s here have said they are working to get it right and supported, meanwhile there is something illegal going on in your country and you are standing idly by.

So are you, it seems from the doc I read here: https://www.comreg.ie/publicatio ... plan-for-ireland-5/
This is an offocial doc from teh Commission of Communication Regulation which I believe is the Irish FCC-equivalent, is that right?
From this, is seems that the 5.8 range is reserved for other uses and not WiFi.
According to another doc, https://www.comreg.ie/media/dlm_uploads/2015/12/ComReg0271R9.pdf, it's reserved for some national short range device program.
Seems from these that the same legal issue applies in Ireland as well.
2017-12-21
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-21 14:10

I would want proof that the RC can't connect to a phone on 2.4ghz and to the Spark at 2.4ghz.  I want proof as that is the way I originally flew it.  Everything was on the various 2.4ghz channels.   I think people are just saying that it can't without any supporting evidence.  

So, if the DJI spark can operate on 2.4ghz then the only countries that the Spark is sold in and can't legally work, would be countries that ban both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

I wonder how my router supports so many connections on its single 2.4ghz channel with several streams of video.
2017-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-21 14:53
So are you, it seems from the doc I read here: https://www.comreg.ie/publication/radio-frequency-plan-for-ireland-5/
This is an offocial doc from teh Commission of Communication Regulation which I believe is the Irish FCC-equivalent, is that right?
From this, is seems that the 5.8 range is reserved for other uses and not WiFi.

You still make no sense now your trying to save the world, but doing nothing about it, I don’t fly my drone illegally and never have, I have no interest in being dragged down to your level, as I said before if you have the strength of your convictions then return your drone get your money back take dji to court and if you don’t then what I’ve said is true.
I’ve seen videos you’ve posted here you didn’t have any problems using illegal equipment to make those videos .
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-21 15:43
You still make no sense now your trying to save the world, but doing nothing about it, I don’t fly my drone illegally and never have, I have no interest in being dragged down to your level, as I said before if you have the strength of your convictions then return your drone get your money back take dji to court and if you don’t then what I’ve said is true.
I’ve seen videos you’ve posted here you didn’t have any problems using illegal equipment to make those videos .

What I used was the OTG cable which is officially not officially supported, right?I happened to be one of the lucky ones. But given the fact that not everyone has been as lucky as me - and they can;t even complain, becuase it's not officially supported (you're the one who kept bashing their heads against it...) - then what DJI did and still does is... everything I said.
Can't have it both ways.

Yeah, I know it's DJI and they are gods. They are apparently allowed to do that and say "hey it's OK, we're working on fixing it and some day, in an unspecified future date, it  will work" and in the meantime sell their equipment which can't be legally activated in some countries without OTG.
I wonder, would you have accepted that kind of behavior from any other company?
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-12-21 15:40
I would want proof that the RC can't connect to a phone on 2.4ghz and to the Spark at 2.4ghz.  I want proof as that is the way I originally flew it.  Everything was on the various 2.4ghz channels.   I think people are just saying that it can't without any supporting evidence.  

So, if the DJI spark can operate on 2.4ghz then the only countries that the Spark is sold in and can't legally work, would be countries that ban both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

The user who has first raised this issue, Arcicorsa, showed what you're looking for in the original thread. He couldn't switch to 2.4 Wifi.

Your router analogy has nothing to do with anything, though. It runs all WiFi on one channel using the sharing mechanisms of Wifi. The RC has to transmit and receive two different transmissions on two different channels, one Wifi to the phone and one DJI proprietary to the AC - there's no time sharing between them.
I know there's enough spectrum in the 2.4 range to broadcast two channels without mutual interference; I actually raised that question to Arcicorsa. He showed the screen shots proving his point.
2017-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-21 15:56
What I used was the OTG cable which is officially not officially supported, right?I happened to be one of the lucky ones. But given the fact that not everyone has been as lucky as me - and they can;t even complain, becuase it's not officially supported (you're the one who kept bashing their heads against it...) - then what DJI did and still does is... everything I said.
Can't have it both ways.

I think it’s fair to say that you and you alone have brought this to a ridiculous level and I don’t believe it is helping anyone’s plight. It is just causing hysteria both for those who cannot fly without otg and those particularly new users who think they are missing something by not having the use of otg.
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Total bollocks (do you use that expression in Ireland too? or is it only in England?)
If they can't use OTG and their fly more combo can't be used legally where they live, they shouldn't have had the equipment sold to them in the first place without being warned they wouldn't be able to use it until some unspecified point in the future. I didn't sell them the equipment, DJI did. I'm just shedding light on what the situation is right now.

Sorry mate. Selling equpment  and then saying "oh, officially we don't support the only thing that makes our equipment work legally where you live, sorry about that. we'll fix it in... well, some time, could be any point in the future, sorry about that". Sorry, that doesn't cut it.

Add to that - the moderators in this very forum keep advising "we don't officially support OTG, please use WiFI" to people who they know can't use Wifi with their fly more combo... that's ridiculous. But not in your eyes, obviously.

2017-12-21
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yea dont listen to hallmark he is a know it all....till u prove him wrong....then it gets all crickets.
2017-12-21
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Otg functionalty seems to be going backwards instead of fixing it on Android - it's now not working right on iOS as well with DJI 4.1.20 (iOS almost impossible to downgrade apps as well)

It doesn't look good for otg support
2017-12-21
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

Rbstansbury Posted at 2017-12-19 15:38
Can you provide a link where they have stated this clearly?  There is certainly a lot of confusion on this topic and I’ve searched the form but can’t not find a company official statement on this?  Thanks!

He is not going to post that because it doesnt exist.
2017-12-21
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-21 16:05
The user who has first raised this issue, Arcicorsa, showed what you're looking for in the original thread. He couldn't switch to 2.4 Wifi.

Your router analogy has nothing to do with anything, though. It runs all WiFi on one channel using the sharing mechanisms of Wifi. The RC has to transmit and receive two different transmissions on two different channels, one Wifi to the phone and one DJI proprietary to the AC - there's no time sharing between them.

My router is a radio comm on 2.4ghz.  It has everything to do with the Spark as it is on the same band, has the same power limits by law, and sends coded data (pretty sure the Spark is modern enough to use digital links).  Furthermore, the router sends video data and control data on its channel.  I can adjust my home's temperature on it.  And wifi command my home hover at a new location

I doubt the Spark to RC to phone links has to be on different bands.  I bet Arcicorsa simply was in an area that was very busy on the 2.4ghz band and had no channels open for him to connect.  That has happened to me enough that I eventually just run on 5.8ghz.

My problems might have been the neighborhood routers on 2.4ghz, my GoPro running 2.4ghz wifi to the smart phone while recording a RC model airplane flight, and the airplane's Spektrum radio taking two 2.4ghz channels, while I tried to fly the Spark (also recording the aircraft's take off and landings).  Had to shut off the GoPro   Wound up with some good video and one pass where the plane tried to hit the hovering Spark.  Winds took the plane and I was slow to get on the sticks.
2017-12-21
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

lumidair Posted at 2017-12-21 04:47
Ha ha ha... Nice fairy story.

Fairy story...nope some can read the instruction manual...
2017-12-22
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-12-21 19:58
My router is a radio comm on 2.4ghz.  It has everything to do with the Spark as it is on the same band, has the same power limits by law, and sends coded data (pretty sure the Spark is modern enough to use digital links).  Furthermore, the router sends video data and control data on its channel.  I can adjust my home's temperature on it.  And wifi command my home hover at a new location

I doubt the Spark to RC to phone links has to be on different bands.  I bet Arcicorsa simply was in an area that was very busy on the 2.4ghz band and had no channels open for him to connect.  That has happened to me enough that I eventually just run on 5.8ghz.

FYI, both Spark and RC supports 2 different bands 2,4 and 5,8 GHz. If you connect your phone to the RC using the 2,4GHz band, the RC connects to the spark using the 5,8 GHz and vice versa. There was an entire thread about it with a lot of details, apparently if you used the same band for both connections, they would interfere with each other (at least that was the conclusion of that thread).

This is also the reason why when you change the band between RC and the spark to the 2,4 GHz, people loose the connection in europe since a lot of phones here does not support the 5,8 GHz band and cannot connect to the RC without the OTG cable after that.

Nobody is trying to put blame on DJI (or at least I don't ). All we want is to make sure we can fly without breaking the local regulations (and maybe we trully aren't, but when Arcicorsa asked local authorities in CZ, they said we are .... ) and use the best and most reliable connection so that we don't loose our drones.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-21 03:54
I have informed DJI that I have a problem with WiFi and you have done nothing about it.  My fpv range with WiFi on Android with the 4.1.18 app is 50 metres.

The solution is allowing OTG cable, when is the date of the fix please?

Please enter the wifi setting and choose the channel with best signal. I would recommend you choose the lowest height of channel which represents less interference. And you can fly in a place with more green channels.
2017-12-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Everyone should pull their heads in, it's an aussie term
We are not going to get OTG for a while and maybe never for the Spark, if you want full OTG, go and buy a Mavic, it is afterall that time of the year for some of us.

2017-12-22
Use props
MsRange30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-19 09:58
This poll is pointless, sorry. OTG support will come when it is ready for release. This has been clearly stated by DJI.

That's actually true! Thank you for your thought.
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

MsRange30 Posted at 2017-12-22 02:02
That's actually true! Thank you for your thought.

You are welcome and thank you for sharing it! :-)
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-21 10:45
Well as I said if you could upload you video or log showing you can only fly 50 metres then maybe you can get help.

Oh right, I'm inventing this now?   

I've paid £700 for this toy, I expect it to work as promised (without OTG ideally)...If DJI (or you) think I'm going to waste my time videoing and recording something that they already know is an issue, you can get stuffed.

So, unless you have a solution for me, I'll politely ignore you.
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules