Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will you keep your spark if OTG cables are disabled?
11509 209 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-22 02:41
Oh right, I'm inventing this now?   

I've paid £700 for this toy, I expect it to work as promised (without OTG ideally)...If DJI (or you) think I'm going to waste my time videoing and recording something that they already know is an issue, you can get stuffed.

All mouth and no trousers....
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-22 00:32
Please enter the wifi setting and choose the channel with best signal. I would recommend you choose the lowest height of channel which represents less interference. And you can fly in a place with more green channels.

I do that, it improves things but not to the point that it is useable for longer distances....WiFi conenctions is strong btween drone and RC...but I get terrible video at 50m-70m and beyonf, on all channels.
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-22 02:44
All mouth and no trousers....

I am trying to get my issues resolved by making sure this subject is not dropped by DJI... ...other than agitating people by trawling these forums to share your lack of knowledge, plus accusing people of inventing their problems, what are you actually doing about it??

You really are an annoyance, completely unhelpful too.
Honestly, if you cannot help (which you patently can't), why do you feel the need to comment?

2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I'd say it is yet to be determined who is the one here "trawling these forums to share lack of knowledge" plus the "annoyance, completely unhelpful" part as well...
2017-12-22
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-22 02:54
I am trying to get my issues resolved by making sure this subject is not dropped by DJI... ...other than agitating people by trawling these forums to share your lack of knowledge, plus accusing people of inventing their problems, what are you actually doing about it??

You really are an annoyance, completely unhelpful too.

A friendly advise, ignore Hallmark and all his posts. Apparently he is nothing more than a all-knowing troll whose only purpouse is to mock everyone. Seriously, he is not worth it.

Elektra promised they will fix it. In the mean time, try to find a stable combination of Software and Firmware that works best for you as I did.
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 03:13
I'd say it is yet to be determined who is the one here "trawling these forums to share lack of knowledge" plus the "annoyance, completely unhelpful" part as well...

I'm here for one reason and one reason only,to get the Spark flying properly.

You and Hallmark are just wasting everybody's time.

I wish a moderator would step in and stop your nonsense. It's almost as if your are not the centre if attention,you decide to say something contrary so that you get a reaction.

If your hassling me continues,i will report you to the forum moderators.

Like i said to Hallmark,please only address me if you have a fix...otherwise,leave me alone.
2017-12-22
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2017-12-22 04:21
A friendly advise, ignore Hallmark and all his posts. Apparently he is nothing more than a all-knowing troll whose only purpouse is to mock everyone. Seriously, he is not worth it.

Elektra promised they will fix it. In the mean time, try to find a stable combination of Software and Firmware that works best for you as I did.

Hallmark and watchberger are known forum trolls and wanna be mall cops - when their Segways are recharging they subvert threads with long and pointless posts. If a post or thread isn’t acceptable to them they are the self appointed 50cent army

Please Dji  give us a mute user button for Christmas
2017-12-22
Use props
andwluv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167241 ft
Malaysia

Regardless of official connection quality or removal of unofficial connection. My Spark stay, as is own class of innovation
2017-12-22
Use props
kev001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251778 ft
United Kingdom

andwluv Posted at 2017-12-22 06:44
Regardless of official connection quality or removal of unofficial connection. My Spark stay, as is own class of innovation

Just updated to .900 range is down to 200 meters and signal is choppy.  Without OTG and 2.4 ghz on android the spark is fit for the bin!   will be looking for a firmware downgrade
2017-12-22
Use props
Equus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8274 ft
Mexico

jajajajjaja we are funny, here we are trying to kill each other, others trying to distract attention , but DJI is laughing just watching the drama.
we have more than a month with this?
they realease another update, but nothing?
2017-12-22
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

kev001 Posted at 2017-12-22 08:20
Just updated to .900 range is down to 200 meters and signal is choppy.  Without OTG and 2.4 ghz on android the spark is fit for the bin!   will be looking for a firmware downgrade

Today 22/12 after firmware update... 530 meters and full video streaming, although the antenna warning!
Android and no OTG.

Screenshot_2017-12-22-15-56-25.png
_20171222_161701.JPG
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-22 08:31
Today 22/12 after firmware update... 530 meters and full video streaming, although the antenna warning!
Android and no OTG.

Great to see, thank you! Which version of GO 4?
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-22 08:31
Android and no OTG.

Looks good, which country are you in?
2017-12-22
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 08:40
Great to see, thank you! Which version of GO 4?

DJI GO 4.1.18, i think DJI made wifi connecton better with this firmware upgrade.
I never had this results before, especially not the good video streaming...
2017-12-22
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-22 08:44
Looks good, which country are you in?

Belgium, other side of the Channel
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-22 08:50
DJI GO 4.1.18, i think DJI made wifi connecton better with this firmware upgrade.
I never had this results before, especially not the good video streaming...

Yes have just read it in the other thread. Very promising result, thank you again!
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-22 08:52

Very promising!  Crystal Sky or Android device?
2017-12-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-22 08:52

The less whiny side...

OTG was never officially supported. Period.  If it is in the future...  awesome.  Bonus.  To some of those disrespecting some of our more senior members to this forum, just leave.  They've done a lot to help others in the past when the questions count.  You've done nothing except rehash a topic which has been covered countless times.   
2017-12-22
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-22 09:02
Very promising!  Crystal Sky or Android device?

Crystalsky /no otg
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

And CrystalSky is Android, just to avoid any misunderstandings.
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thank you very much
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 09:22

I was aware, thank you.   This is promising, it's whether i have the confidence to update...
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-22 09:27
I was aware, thank you.   This is promising, it's whether i have the confidence to update...

Updating the firmware will not do any harm and I would strongly recommend you to do it. With regard to DJI GO 4 you have all options on the table for now. You can try the 4.1.18 via WiFi and see what it does for you. If you prefer to stick to OTG for the time being, this will work well with 4.1.15 until the issue will be fixed and OTG supported. Due to constant rain I could not test yet the .18 on CrystalSky but am very happy to see the promising result just posted by JMR58.
2017-12-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 09:36
Updating the firmware will not do any harm and I would strongly recommend you to do it. With regard to DJI GO 4 you have all options on the table for now. You can try the 4.1.18 via WiFi and see what it does for you. If you prefer to stick to OTG for the time being, this will work well with 4.1.15 until the issue will be fixed and OTG supported. Due to constant rain I could not test yet the .18 on CrystalSky but am very happy to see the promising result just posted by JMR58.

I am going to test connections now across my devices, won't be able to fly until tomorrow.

Will keep you updated.
2017-12-22
Use props
djiuser_VeQ7bFM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32500 ft
Thailand

For those who has problem with WiFi I had Xperia Z3 and video is very laggy and now I brought a new phone is Xperia XZ premium my little Spark is usable the video is still lack but is a lot better than the old phone it's not as good as OTG but is usable the video is disconnected and lack sometime it is not a best answer but having a better and a newer phone with high specification it could help or just go to iPhone maybe this could help for some user
2017-12-22
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
United States

Crystal sky is not the same Android as on a phone it is a custom build by DJI only for crystal sky - just like DJI app is not the same as for the phone (it's customized to run on crystal sky)
2017-12-22
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
United States

Crystal sky is not the same Android as on a phone it is a custom build by DJI only for crystal sky - just like DJI app is not the same as for the phone (it's customized to run on crystal sky)
2017-12-22
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
United States

Sorry duplicate post, unable to delete on mobile forum
2017-12-22
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-22 11:48

Feel free to do some test flights with phone Android, this can be helpfull!
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-22 12:20
Feel free to do some test flights with phone Android, this can be helpfull!

Very good proposal JMR58! You have today demonstrated that real world tests are the best way to find out where we stand. Since today I am luckily on leave for two weeks and very much looking forward to flying as soon as weather conditions will eventually allow for it. And I'll be able to fly in daylight :-)
2017-12-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-22 11:48
Crystal sky is not the same Android as on a phone it is a custom build by DJI only for crystal sky - just like DJI app is not the same as for the phone (it's customized to run on crystal sky)

That is a good point, if I was DJI I would concentrate all effort on developing the capability of the Crystalsky as a marketing strategy and benefit all those who have one

DJI what are you waiting for let's go proprietory
2017-12-22
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 13:20
Very good proposal JMR58! You have today demonstrated that real world tests are the best way to find out where we stand. Since today I am luckily on leave for two weeks and very much looking forward to flying as soon as weather conditions will eventually allow for it. And I'll be able to fly in daylight :-)

Happy holidays!!, mine just ended, enjoy end of year with spark and friends!!
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-22 14:00
Happy holidays!!, mine just ended, enjoy end of year with spark and friends!!

Thank you friend, I wish the same for you and your dear ones!
2017-12-22
Use props
D H
New

United States

Thank you for posting this.. i recently bought my spark and was able to fly until the recent software upgrade.

Extremely frustrated now that OTG is disabled.. i've tried multiple trials and tribulations with WiFi to no avail.

I wouldn't buy another DJI drone in the future..

2017-12-24
Use props
Lord-Maniac
lvl.1

United States

unfortunately for me i bought it usumming OTG was supported by all the videos on youtube never have to worry about connection loss...etc i still have not heard a single thing as to why its not supported ? ANYONE ? i mean you can land it in your hand take pictures with hand signals but we cant get a OTG cable to work right ..lol ya i call bull it sounds like a marketing paywall ..i even  just read it " IF YOU WANT OTG GET A MAVIC" SO IT SOUNDS LIKE THE WOOPS ON THE SPARK IS TO MANY PEOPLE ARE BUYING IT COMPARED TO OTHER MORE EXPENSIVE DRONES ? well lucky for me i have not even flown it yet and i don't think i am going to if you market a drone with this xxxx range and xxxx capabilitys and it doesn't perform is that not fraudulent ? can we just ask ourselves why is it not supported? to complex ? seriously WHY ? ask yourself ....and please don't be a pinhead and say it hasn't been tested lmao   i would like to know ANYONE ?
2017-12-24
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
United States

Don’t mind hallmarks long and convoluted posts - he has been subverting threads for a while, known forum troll anything he disagrees with he becomes a self appointed wanna be mall cop
2017-12-24
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-19 09:58
This poll is pointless, sorry. OTG support will come when it is ready for release. This has been clearly stated by DJI.

Exactly, I don't see why everyone keeps on insisting on the OTG and spark usage since it was never supported between the two by DJI.
2017-12-24
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-12-24 12:58
Exactly, I don't why everyone keeps on insisting on the OTG and spark usage since it was never supported between the two by DJI.

Which only proves you don't even bother to read why we insist on the OTG support and therefore you are only another posthunter with no knowledge of what the hell are we talking about. Well, it was said here only about a thousand times so let's do it again.

We all know OTG is not supported oficially but it WORKED ever since the spark was released (it may come as a surprise to you but spark is perfectly capable of it from the hardware point of view, the fact that a rollback to older version of DJI Go restores this function only prooves it is a marketing decision). The reasons for why we want the OTG support differs. Some want it because they trust the cable more than a WiFi (more reliable, faster response ....).

In Europe, we have another reason. Most of european phones does not support 5,8GHz. Which means that when you switch to a  2,4GHz band between the RC and the Spark, the phone is unable to link with the RC because it cannot use the 5,8GHz .... and why would we want to do this in the first place ? Because in Europe we have much more strict rules for the strenght of a WiFi signal. In the US the max range of a spark is 2 km, in Europe 500m and the only way we are able to get close to that number is via OTG cable ....
2017-12-24
Use props
fansdcf05e40
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820108 ft
United States

wondering what would happen if i put my galaxy s8 in developer mode and enable usb debugging mode and cinnecting thw otg to the rc has anyone attempted this now or before ?
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-22 02:48
I do that, it improves things but not to the point that it is useable for longer distances....WiFi conenctions is strong btween drone and RC...but I get terrible video at 50m-70m and beyonf, on all channels.

What is the model of your mobile device? Please try to change a device for test. If the problem remains, you can export the flight data and the black box for us to analyze.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules