Phantom 2 Version 2 Startup & Assistant Software
1466 2 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fly7sky
New

United States

Greetings everyone,

I recently purchased a Phantom 2 Version 2.0 and noticed a slight change when turning on the quad. Much like when operating my Phantom 1, I'll turn on the transmitter first and then turn on the Phantom. But unlike what I've seen in youtube videos of the Phantom 2, I never hear 4 beeps immediately after the startup sound. The rear ESC lights will flash yellow several times and then rapidly flash green. After that, the quad seems to be functioning fine. Is this normal for a brand new Phantom 2 Version 2.0?

Now please note that I recently purchased this quad and received it this week. I have not viewed or tweaked any of the internal components. Nevertheless, I did connect it via USB to my Windows 8 PC to make sure the latest firmware was up-to-date. This was accomplished via the Phantom 2 Assistant Software version 3.8. Should I have used version 3.6 instead? Can I switch from version 3.8 to 3.6 to correct the issue?

Additionally, while in the assistant software, I did not change the setting from Phantom to NAZA M. I'm not too familiar with this feature and didn't bother to switch modes. Could turning on the NAZA M feature correct this issue? Or is that not associated with what I'm experiencing?

Finally, I just want to say that I'm a big fan of the DJI product line and certainly look forward to being an active member of the forum. I greatly appreciate your feedback and helpful responses. Thanks!

2015-4-17
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Since the version 2 ESC's were released last year, the Phantom does not make the final 4 beeps that you hear in the older videos, so all is well.
In Phantom mode the rear LED's flash Yellow until it is ready to fly, then they flash Green, so again this is normal.
However, you really should know all this BEFORE flying or you could find yourself in a heap of trouble...
2015-4-17
Use props
fly7sky
New

United States

Thanks a lot for the response. So looking forward to flying the Phantom 2 and later getting a gimbal setup installed with a GoPro.
2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules