12Next >
6074 40 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

The new firmware update cautioned that I should deep cycle charge one of my TB48 batteries.
I did so, as instructed.
Even after a deep cycle charging, I continue to get this caution warning each time I use this battery.
Has anyone else had this experience?
What's up with this. (it's a relatively new battery with 13 charges in the history)
2015-4-17
Use props
Theo ter Haar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

Like this ?

Had mine back to the workshop of DJI. It should have been back by now. Mabey this weekend.
2015-4-17
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

what was your procedure for bringing it down to 0%?
2015-4-17
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I had the same message on my T48 battery - decharged to 8 % - got the same message on next flight - then decharged it to 0 %. Message gone.

Flied the Inspire to about 10 % - then just let it be powered on until 0 %
2015-4-17
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-4-18 03:36

I hovered the craft to critical level (set at 12%). Once hitting "critical"...it automatically landed and then I left it run in the Inspire-1 and let it run down to 5% as  instructed in the battery caution message. Then fully charged it to 100% - also as instructed in the caution message.
2015-4-17
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

Theo ter Haar Posted at 2015-4-18 02:52
Like this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G6HYo6p4S6A

I don't/didn't get bad history codes on charging - all show "normal"
2015-4-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is this really beneficial to drain any battery to zero percent?

Maybe 5/10% seems reasonable but I think draining a battery to zero % would be damaging to the battery.
2015-4-17
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United States

I am a firm believer in following instructions for all aspects of aviation; I too run it down to 0% by leaving I switched on after 8% as recommended in the manual. Even at 0% the battery is not actually at 0% but it is the level that is the minimum that can be reached without causing harm but will allow maximum capacity to be maintained. My batteries still show 100% life after this treatment.
2015-4-17
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2015-4-18 03:59

Maybe 5/10% seems reasonable but I  ...

Visual,

I've heard others say what you say. The caution message says to run it down to 5%.

Initially, DJI battery instructions under Inspire-1 downloads said to run it down to where it will no longer run....and then deep cycle charge.
2015-4-17
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-18 03:49
I had the same message on my T48 battery - decharged to 8 % - got the same message on next flight -  ...

That's good information, nilsblix. Maybe I'll have to try what you did.
2015-4-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

havnt had the warning as of yet, but will monitor closely
2015-4-17
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 2015-4-18 03:59

Maybe 5/10% seems reasonable but I  ...

It isn't.

0% indicated on the app is actually around 3.5v per cell so still clear of the damaging 3v per cell that lipos really don't like.
Battery would cut off before that point anyway to avoid damage.
2015-4-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-4-18 06:14
It isn't.

0% indicated on the app is actually around 3.5v per cell so still clear of the damaging ...

yeah your right I didn't consider this thanks for the info.....
2015-4-18
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had the same problem with a TB 47. Discharging to 5% didn't work. Discharged until it woud not switch back on and recharge and the warning dissappeared.
2015-4-18
Use props
brandonaldred
New

United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-4-18 23:23
Had the same problem with a TB 47. Discharging to 5% didn't work. Discharged until it woud not switc ...

Hey Dave,
when you say you discharged the battery until it wouldn't switch on, you flew the copter until it hit it's critical limit or it landed and wouldn't fly any longer, then let it sit until the battery went completely off?
2015-7-14
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Has anyone checked the different cell levels, like at the end of a flight, or like when you get the message to see how far out of balance they are, and then checked again after the discharge, charge reset of the battery.
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

Hong Kong

The reminder is to help you maintain the health of the battery. To make it gone, please follow  the instructions below:
1. Fully charge the battery
2. Fully discharge the battery below 5% of power level.

Then next time you use the battery, the message will be gone.
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

Hong Kong

The reminder is to help you maintain the health of the battery. To make it gone, please follow  the instructions below:
1. Fully charge the battery
2. Fully discharge the battery below 5% of power level.

Then next time you use the battery, the message will be gone.
2015-7-15
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

brandonaldred@g Posted at 2015-7-15 05:07
Hey Dave,
when you say you discharged the battery until it wouldn't switch on, you flew the copter ...

Hi Brandon. I flew until the low battery warning activated and then hovered close to myself about 20cm from the ground until the self landing warning activated. I then landed. I then restarted and let the props spin on the ground until she switched off. After removing the battery I switched the battery on to get a green light and left it on until it switched itself off. I repeated this until it would not switch on. The battery was now discharged. I then recharged it and the error message was gone. This was quite a while ago so there may be better methods now.   
2015-7-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Bruce Posted at 2015-7-15 20:21
The reminder is to help you maintain the health of the battery. To make it gone, please follow  the  ...

I have two TB 48 batteries this procedure fails on. I brought the voltage down to 3.63V per cell for one and 3.60V per cell for the other. The residual charge indicated on the App are 0 Mah and 50 Mah.  Upon full charge up, I still get an error message telling me that I need to discharge the packs fully. The battery capacities have dropped from 5700 Mah to ~4800 and ~4900 Mah after 29 and 28 cycles respectively. Each cell in the batteries is quite well balanced with no greater than a 0.02V deviation. From a peak voltage of 4.34 with new packs, I can get up to 4.29 / 4.30 VPC presently.  DJI, Please advise. Thanks
2015-8-23
Use props
drjackso.yahoo
lvl.1

United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-4-18 03:36

This is a good question. The only way is to bring I1 back and hover close to ground and be quick to cancel all the low battery warning, be sure to monitor the battery level and do not let it land until you are down to 5% or a little less. Not if it it lands and motor stops you will not be able to spin up the motors with low  battery.
2015-8-23
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

United States

Hi there, fly the battery normally until you reach 30%, after that bring the bird closer to you and fly till 15%, then bring it very close to you and the bottom (1feet or below) and hover until you reach 3.3v.
Depending on your settings, it will auto-land at a decent value, so be prepared. If it is on the ground leave it on until it reach 3.3v. Wait 2 hours and then fully charge again.

Best voltage is 3.7v for long time storage and 3.3v for recalibration.
Not a big deal at all,
cheers, christian
2015-8-23
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334360 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-8-23 22:32
I have two TB 48 batteries this procedure fails on. I brought the voltage down to 3.63V per cell f ...

Same thing with me Mike...Two TB 48 batteries will not cycle.  Both batteries have about 16 charges on each.  The first two times I brought the batteries down to 5%, then recharged same warning appeared. The second time I brought the batteries down to 2%... I still have the same warning.  I even tried to reinstall the new FW but nothing
2015-8-23
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

bob.northland1 Posted at 2015-8-24 10:16
Same thing with me Mike...Two TB 48 batteries will not cycle.  Both batteries have about 16 charge ...

Bob - discharge until the lights go out on the battery. Ignore the voltage. After a few non-resetting deep discharges, the 'reserve battery level' increases so even 0 MaH / 0% is meaningless when the cell voltage is 3.6 or thereabouts. There is a circuit preventing cell-reversal levels of discharge. After my pack reached 0 Mah I had to wait another 30 min before the battery drained out.

After fully charging, I'm back to around 5500 MaH capacity or about 96% of original. The app says 93% (I think the calculation is conservative). Hope this helps you.

DJI should revise the manual as the 5% rule works only with very new packs and if you happen to get the discharge right the first time.
2015-8-24
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

DJI-Bruce Posted at 2015-7-15 20:21
The reminder is to help you maintain the health of the battery. To make it gone, please follow  the  ...

DJI Bruce or any other DJI rep

I kept getting this error message on two of my batteries (TB 47, and 48) both were at 100% life. I attempted several deep cycles (below 5%, if we are to believe the readings in the GO app are accurate) on both batteries following the procedures and recommendation on this forum, but the error message would not go away.  I tried one last fly on both leaving the Inspire slightly airborne (inches off the ground) until the battery gauge in the Go app read 0% and the bird still flew for another minute or so.  Next I fully charged them both checked for error message and the error message went away but now my batteries are now 90%, 95% life respectively. WTF! Sorry for the outburst, but I'm a bit frustrated. Is my outcome normal?
2015-8-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jones5r Posted at 2015-8-25 04:38
DJI Bruce or any other DJI rep

I kept getting this error message on two of by batteries (TB 47, an ...

A note on the the calibrating,

Not all packs will come back to 100% if its capacity has acuatly reduced, your calibrating may be spot on based on the packs voltage curve.

Sometimes packs with very low cycles can have a drop in capacity in the short term, this does not mean they will continue to drop, some just drop and settle there.

Personally id calibrate and then fly 20 flights with what ever the capacity comes back to then calibrate again.

It seems people are calibrating to try and recover capacity they may not have, perhaps the update now shows the true capacity whereas before it did not.

What it says is irrelevant all that maters is you have a stable pack with acurate remaining capacity, a few hundred mAh reduction in reality will not make any real difference in the real world.

I hope this helps.
2015-8-24
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-8-25 00:03
Bob - discharge until the lights go out on the battery. Ignore the voltage. After a few non-resett ...

Thanks Mike....I'll try it
2015-8-24
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-25 06:35

Not all packs will come back to 100% if its capacity has acuatly  ...

Thanks Dave, I feel better now!
2015-8-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Good to hear.

-Dave
2015-8-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-25 06:35

Dave,
I have one TB47 pack that is bothering me and not sure I should continue to use it. It reads 4244mAH the first two cells read lower than the rest. .04 volts each. I asked for replacement by email and did not get a response on this one.

any thoughts?

Rich
2015-8-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-25 10:43
Dave,
I have one TB47 pack that is bothering me and not sure I should continue to use it. It reads ...

Yeah if it is at 4244mAh that is a little lower than I would like to see also. It is a 4500mAh pack. Also you said it is not balanced with 2 cell lower than the rest.
If I were you I might want it replaced also. How does it preform? How long does it last comparied to your other 4500mAh TB47 pack?
How long has it been that you requested a replacement?

Dave
2015-8-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-25 11:47
Yeah if it is at 4244mAh that is a little lower than I would like to see also. It is a 4500mAh pack ...

Hello Dave,

I have tried listing my problem on the forum and I emailed customer service with the same information to no avail. They did not even return my email after two try's. I understand that this is only a forum and not customer service. But I was hoping to get some voice in the problem in a nice constructive way. See the link that I posted and you can see the battery in question at the bottom of the thread.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-21481-1-1.html

The first battery corrected itself after doing the low power cycle and recharge. (errors went away) If you PM me your email I can send you the photo screen shots I have on this.

Thanks
Rich

2015-8-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-26 08:33
Hello Dave,

I have tried listing my problem on the forum and I emailed customer service with the  ...

Hi Rich,

You are a good guy and helpful on the forums. I will talk to my boss Tahoe Ed and see if he can step in to help you. I can not promise anything though he is very busy and as you know this is just forum support (as in helping users to use the products not customer service) Tahoe Ed is not a customer service rep.  I see on the other thread you linked to that you already have DJI-Autumn helping some. That is good, DJI-Autumn and Tahoe Ed are the 2 that are in-charge around here. She is the China based and he is the USA based equivalent. They have the ability to do a lot more than me.

But as I said, you are a good guy, so I want to see if I can personally get you some more help.

I do not do PM's or e-mail, that just opens up a new flood gate and I am only here to moderate inappropriate post,  answer user questions about use of product, and encourage users.

Dave
2015-8-26
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-24 23:35

Thats Fantastic Advice

Regards

The Mad Angler

2015-8-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
China

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-26 08:33
Hello Dave,

I have tried listing my problem on the forum and I emailed customer service with the  ...

Rich email me your contact information at edward.windham@dji.com
2015-8-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

hundleton1 Posted at 2015-8-27 05:46
Thats Fantastic Advice

Regards

Yeah, there is a guy on RC Groups that is very smart. ;-)  I learn a lot from him.
Thanks!!!
2015-8-26
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-8-25 00:03
Bob - discharge until the lights go out on the battery. Ignore the voltage. After a few non-resett ...

Thanks Mike everything worked.  I discharged the TB48 until the  last green light went out...Charged it up and no warning on the monitor...5700.  Did a TB47 the same way... warning gone ....4500.  the nice thing is that all the cell values are within .01.  Am going to do the other TB48 tomorrow.  You guys on the Forum are great...thanks much!
2015-8-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-27 02:52
Hi Rich,

You are a good guy and helpful on the forums. I will talk to my boss Tahoe Ed and see  ...

Dave
Thank you I will stand by and see what happens.

PS: thanks for the nice words it is nice to help others if possible.

Rich
2015-8-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-27 11:02
Dave
Thank you I will stand by and see what happens.

Sure thing Rich. Looks like Tahoe Ed will be able to help.

I am glad I was able to bring your situation to him and advocate on your behalf.
2015-8-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-27 12:17
Sure thing Rich. Looks like Tahoe Ed will be able to help.

I am glad I was able to bring your  ...

Awesome!
Now all I need is a giant vacuum to suck all of the forest fire smoke from our valley..... So I can fly again

It is unbelievable. I will post some photos

Rich

2015-8-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules