Do or Dont I need to buy a charger
1522 10 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Culp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't find the dji store info very clear. I've just ordered the 5.5" crystal sky monitor for my Mavic Pro. Do I need to buy a separate charger? If yes why don't DJI ship one with the unit? Which charger do I need? Having shelled out over £500 I'm not pleased at needing to spend more money on a charger that should be shipped with the unit like every other piece of technology
2017-12-20
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Thailand

The website has a clear list of compatible chargers for Crystalsky both on the product page and the DJI Store page. The mavic charger has a different connector and so is not compatible. You need to buy a compatible charger as listed.  
2017-12-20
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Thailand

The Phantom series and Inspire series chargers are compatible.
2017-12-20
Use props
Culp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will a pc charger do?  the plugs look compatible?
2017-12-20
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Thailand

Culp Posted at 2017-12-20 06:27

No I doubt it. You are charging a lipo for the crystal sky and so only use a compatible charger. If you use something else you are likely to either damage the battery, cause a fire and at a minimum void your warranty. Thing is I think the crystalsky was actually aimed at pro fliers with a Phantom or an Inspire. I have both and the 7.85 ultra CS and it's a great device and worth the money - perhaps you can find a used charger on eBay?
2017-12-20
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Culp Posted at 2017-12-20 06:27

No it will not work.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Culp, since many customers already have DJI products before purchasing CrystalSky, the charger is not included in the kit. We have also made it clear in purchasing page that CrystalSky does not include a charger. We apologize if any trouble has been caused.
Here is the compatible charger list, please purchase the charger in the list, thank you. charger.png
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I agree with Dan in post 5#: The CS is listed in the professional category on DJI store and (also in view of it's price) the original target group were professional users who already own suitable chargers. An additional one for just the CS would have increased its price I suppose. And very likely nobody had imagined that even Spark users like me are increasingly buying CS because it is just too good to resist ;-).
2017-12-23
Use props
朱亚萍
lvl.1

China

I have good charger for your dji that can charge several pcs charger simultaneously . Pls contact phi@skygle.cn
2018-10-27
Use props
EV007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8146 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-22 01:39
Hi Culp, since many customers already have DJI products before purchasing CrystalSky, the charger is not included in the kit. We have also made it clear in purchasing page that CrystalSky does not include a charger. We apologize if any trouble has been caused.
Here is the compatible charger list, please purchase the charger in the list, thank you.[view_image]

I suggest getting a charger from this list that you could use for other activities.  Or for the power you have/need.  If you see yourself picking up an Inspire 2 down the road, get that charger.  

I got the OSMO 57 watt charger... because I need to charge using solar power in some cases... but I cannot use the USB ports.  Also I might get an OSMO later.  

Hope that helps!
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

EV007 Posted at 2018-10-28 06:53
I suggest getting a charger from this list that you could use for other activities.  Or for the power you have/need.  If you see yourself picking up an Inspire 2 down the road, get that charger.  

I got the OSMO 57 watt charger... because I need to charge using solar power in some cases... but I cannot use the USB ports.  Also I might get an OSMO later.  

Thanks for your input and sharing, EV007, please let us know if you need any assistance.
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules