Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thread Highjacking
3607 14 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

I've never seen another forum with so much thread highjacking going on as this DJI forum.

Why do you think this is?  Could it be because users are rewarded with ponts for every post, or could it be users just don't "get it"?

For those of you that don't understand, if a post subject is about let's say "Firmware v2.0.x problems" please dont post a reply about your "Go4 video transmission problems".

2017-12-20
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
United States

Now is is where someone replies about their video having random pixels in it or about flying in airplane mode to stop the warning alerts.
2017-12-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Take it easy.  Most folks that do it are new and don't  know yet how it operates,  They're just looking for help anywhere they can.
2017-12-20
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
United States

i agree, but it's weird and a turn-off.  Good threads & innocent kittens die because of it.
2017-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Which do I start first Aircraft or Remote control?  Lol

Lots of time stuff is indirectly connected also search for threads is very limited on this site.
2017-12-20
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

3exSXNknDvAu Posted at 2017-12-20 07:25
i agree, but it's weird and a turn-off.  Good threads & innocent kittens die because of it.

Chill - not everything about a forum is 100% fact based.

This is a (generally) friendly forum - and if topics waver slightly - then it's no big deal.

I'd rather be part of a forum that is nice and friendly, than one that has no life or soul about it.

When you get made up to admin - you can bash your hammer to hearts content.

You may not have much of a forum to run though.
You can always put your own post into a thread to bring it gently back on track.

Far more effective and nobody gets hurt.
2017-12-20
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think its that big off a problem, if a  people have an unrelated problem ive seen numerous occasions where someone has suggested they start there own thread, but while I'm on does anyone know....................
2017-12-20
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
United States

i'm just technically oriented.    i'm NOT bashing hammers, i don't roll like that.  i'm one of the nicest fellows you could ever meet.  funny how text can be read with such supposition.   with all that being said, it still runs rampant in this forum, not so much others, but i'll digress.
2017-12-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It all goes back to the heart, everyone needs a big one lol.   3exSXNknDvAu, not saying you don't lol.   You were correct in your post.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Just report the posts and I'll delete them or send out warnings and violations.
2017-12-20
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sometimes members especially if they've new and never been on a forum can do it innocently unaware that they're high-jacking the thread. Some members are aware and apologize for high-jacking the thread. I see it on occasions (seen it on multiple forums I'm a member) but not a big deal because I guess I'm not paying attention to it.

I've seen where the conversation on hand skips right over the 'highjacker'....and keeps moves along.
2017-12-21
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-12-20 10:34
Just report the posts and I'll delete them or send out warnings and violations.

Can't the 'visible' moderators/administrators like Thor, Diana, Electra see the reporting and/or delete the threads?
A lot of spam has been posted during the last days but the threads don't get deleted even i think a lot of users has used the Report function!

@OP: Sorry didn't mean  to hijack your thread ... ;-)
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-25 12:41
Can't the 'visible' moderators/administrators like Thor, Diana, Electra see the reporting and/or delete the threads?
A lot of spam has been posted during the last days but the threads don't get deleted even i think a lot of users has used the Report function!

Hi Ked, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We understand there are many spam in Forum these two days and we are keeping deleting and banning these threads and accounts, but it just keeps posting.
We have escalated to our technical department to look into, we are working on it, sorry for the trouble caused, appreciate your understanding.
2017-12-25
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-25 19:09
Hi Ked, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We understand there are many spam in Forum these two days and we are keeping deleting and banning these threads and accounts, but it just keeps posting.
We have escalated to our technical department to look into, we are working on it, sorry for the trouble caused, appreciate your understanding.

Thank you

Was just wondering if only Joe was the one who get the 'Report'ed threads/post and be able to delete them.
I noticed that both Thor and Susan was active  but still i can see ex. those thread have not been deleted:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-125513-1-4.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-125512-1-4.html

Have a nice day.

Edit: one more, https://forum.dji.com/thread-125467-1-4.html
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-25 19:16
Thank you

Was just wondering if only Joe was the one who get the 'Report'ed threads/post and be able to delete them.

These threads have been deleted, thanks for the feedback.
Have a nice day, Ked.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules