Dji Ronin m Follow Fous Mount, feedback wanted
1134 1 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8p8fuXx
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I ordered my DJI Ronin M Follow Focus Mount/ rail the other day, I got it from Heliguy here in UK as getting it direct from DJI had a long wait time.
1st off I knew the Follow Focus Rail was way expensive for what it was at £60 (around $70 or Euro), and it was something which should have shipped along with the Ronin in the 1st place. However it was a required accessory so I bit the bullet and I bought.
1st off I noticed instead of having 3 rod segments each side like in the photograph, the product I received had only 2, a total of 4. Then I tried to screw the rods in to the plate which attaches to the Ronin, only to find they did not fit. I basically threaded them putting them in an it took me the best part of a whole evening, the skin came of the palms of my hands (yes I have photos). Now the rods are in place but threading is badly damaged so I dont know how this will effect their ability to remain steady over time as they are supporting precision equipment which requires maximum stability.
The final problem, yes there were 3 major issues, was that the plate that held the rods now covered the screw in point for the Lens Support. There is a drilled hole in the plate but the original screw was now far to short as it would now have to go through the Lens Support and the base plate of the Follow Focus rail/ mount. They couldnt even provide the screw!!!
To be honest I feel insulted and never felt so ripped off. Its a couple of pounds worth of metal sold for £60, on top of this I have never come across a product with so many flaws and downright problems. I mean I shop in the pound shop all the time and never have I bought something which is this "not fit for purpose". I would really like an explanation and feedback if anyone else has experienced this. I am waiting to hear back from Heliguy so cant comment on what they might suggest at this point but will update the thread in due course. Please anyone share experience or have any advice, explanation, please leave a comment below.
Initially it took a little bit of setting up my Ronin M but once I got it working I was really impressed with results. I have only used it a couple of times of light use but if the results remain consistant then Im sold on the product. I also bought a Thumb Controller which was very expensive for what it was but handy, imagine my disappointment when I received this accessory Product.

2017-12-20
Use props
djiuser_8p8fuXx
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Heliguy were very good about it and refunded my money while letting me keep the product
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules