2736 30 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very Fustrated about this!! This is the 2nd Ultra in 2 weeks! The first one kept freezing, and sent it back. Received new on Dec 13th 2017.. It was working great while testing before flight. I used it yesterday for the first time with the Cendence/Inspire2 combo. today while filming, the screen went black and hasn't returned. Landed the inspire and finished the shoot with the Ipad Pro. Took off external batteries and reinstalled another. Still no screen!!! So fustrating!! All this $$ and can't depend on the new product!! I called Tech in California and they said to send it in 2-3 weeks!!! I would have returned it to MulltiCopter Warehouse for replacment but they no longer have in stock. Any way of resetting this with the buttons? or hard reset? Anyone have this problem?
2017-12-20
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bobo -

Well, having your Crystalsky go dark unexpectedly would certainly be disconcerting and unwelcome. I have not experienced this issue, but I offer the following troubleshooting advice:

Several questions to help us all understand your situation:
1) Were both external removable batteries fully charged at the beginning of your work day?
2) When the display went dark and you removed the first battery from the rear of the Crystalsky, did you check its battery level by pressing the battery check button? Did it still have 1, 2or 3 solidly lit LEDS, or was there only a single blinking LED, which would indicate a very low battery level?
3) If the removed battery level was still 25, 50 or 75%, then that would indicate that the Crystalsky had either experienced an internal electrical fault OR the DJI GO app had hung.
4) If there was an internal electrical fault or an app hang, just replacing the battery would not resolve the issue (assuming the Crystalsky internal battery is working properly and has a remaining charge).
5) To hard reset the Crystalsky,
a) Method 1:  under Settings there is an option to “Reboot” the Crystalsky. Hoewever, if you cannot access the Settings menu, then you can try method 2.
b) Method 2: With a good battery installed on back of Crystalsky, press and hold the Power button until the Crystalsky beeps and displays a message asking if you want to Power off unit. Power it off, wait 30 seconds, then press and hold Power button until Crystalsky beeps and you see DJI displayed indicating device is now rebooting.
c) Method 3) If the Crystalsky is completely locked up (I have never experienced this) your only recourse might be to remove the battery from the back of unit and then WAIT (I don’t know how long) until the internal battery has totally discharged (maybe an hour, maybe a day if screen is dark). Then install a fully-charged battery on back of Crystalsky, press and hold Crystalsky power button until unit beeps and displays DJI boot up screen.
6) Have you installed any non-DJI apps on your Crystalsky such as Litchi, Google Maps, Drone Deploy, weather aps, Hover, games, etc., etc.?  If so, I suggest you perform a factory reset to remove all potential conflicting/troublesome apps and, if this restores reliable operation, then consider not re-installing any 3rd-party apps for several days to see if Crystalsky remains stable. If it does, then I would suggest only installing one app at a time and then testing to see if you then have any issues.

2017-12-20
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-20 13:39
Bobo -

Well, having your Crystalsky go dark unexpectedly would certainly be disconcerting and unwelcome. I have not experienced this issue, but I offer the following troubleshooting advice:

Thanks for the input ! My external battery was 100% when I flew today. I was in about 10 minutes of flight time when the screen went black. There was 3 light bars left. Method 1 no screen. Method2 no good. I will be removing external battery for overnight and give it a shot tomorrow .
2017-12-20
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Was this problem with the latest firmware ,  02.04.06.00 ?
You have had awful luck with the CS, Both my Ultra and 5.5 have performed flawlessly so far.

DJI Go4 1.4.18 is a problem child though
2017-12-21
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-21 18:15
Was this problem with the latest firmware ,  02.04.06.00 ?
Yoy have had awful luck with the CS, Both my Ultra and 5.5 have performed flawlessly so far.

This one was working fine, for the few days I had it. I can see a faint screen using a spotlight directed on the screen. I fear something wrong with the screen light sensor. It is on it's was back to Multicopter Warehouse for return. Ill have to wait now till they get them in.
2017-12-21
Use props
Lstumpf3
lvl.2

Canada

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-20 13:39
Bobo -

Thanks for sharing this, it will also help me with my drone. I hope that problems like this will be solve already.
2017-12-22
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bobo Posted at 2017-12-20 14:34
Thanks for the input ! My external battery was 100% when I flew today. I was in about 10 minutes of flight time when the screen went black. There was 3 light bars left. Method 1 no screen. Method2 no good. I will be removing external battery for overnight and give it a shot tomorrow .

bobo -

Sorry you had to send your Crystalsky back.  I hope you have a better experience with the replacement.
2017-12-22
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lstumpf3 Posted at 2017-12-22 01:07
Thanks for sharing this, it will also help me with my drone. I hope that problems like this will be solve already.

Lstumpf3 -

My pleasure - we need to help each other out since there are relatively few Crystalsky owners at this point. What drone are you using the Crystalsky with and what model of the Crystalsky do you own?
2017-12-22
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-22 13:16
Lstumpf3 -

My pleasure - we need to help each other out since there are relatively few Crystalsky owners at this point. What drone are you using the Crystalsky with and what model of the Crystalsky do you own?

The ultra, My drones are M600, Inspire1 Pro, Inspire2, Mavic and P-4
2017-12-22
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bobo Posted at 2017-12-22 17:18
The ultra, My drones are M800, Inspire1 Pro, Inspire2, Mavic and P-4

bobo -

I could use your help.  With your Crystalsky Ultra Bright connected to your P4 RC which is linked to your P4 aircraft with the battery turned on, can you see the aircraft battery percentage in the upper right corner of the GO 4 app live view display?

With both my P4 and P4Pro (with latest firmware) the aircraft battery percentage constantly reads 0% on the DJI GO 4 app running on my Crystalsky Ultra Bright (with latest firmware) for some weird reason even though the aircraft battery voltage displays correctly.  However, with my Inspire 1 and P3Pro the battery percentage reads correctly when running the DJI GO app on the Crystalsky UB.  Also, do you have the latest Crystalsky firmware and P4 firmware installed?
2017-12-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same problem
2017-12-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same problem
2017-12-23
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Forestjim Posted at 2017-12-23 14:12
I have the same problem

Forestjim,

Exactly what Crystalsky problem are you experiencing?
2017-12-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-23 15:05
Forestjim,

Hi Mate,

I’ll post it soon

2017-12-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-23 15:05
Forestjim,

Hi Mate,

I just put up a post

https://forum.dji.com/thread-125365-1-1.html
2017-12-23
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Forestjim Posted at 2017-12-23 19:10
Hi Mate,

I just put up a post

Exactly what happened
2017-12-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

bobo Posted at 2017-12-23 22:17
Exactly what happened

I’ve had the Ultra for about 1 month and I had done all the latest firmware updates .

Yesterday afternoon while flying my Mavic. The screen went very dark then blank.

I brought the bird back home and I tried to do a restart. Button made noise and vibrated but the screen would not wake up.

I took the battery out and left it out for a few hours. Still the same.
I tried again today no go.
I’ve held down the power button for 60sec. No go

This has happened to me before. I had a 5.5 CS and DJI ended up replacing it and I sold it.

It’s a shame these problems are still happening as the screen brightness is fantastic.
2017-12-24
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bobo Posted at 2017-12-23 22:17
Exactly what happened

bobo -

I could use your help.  With your Crystalsky Ultra Bright connected to your P4 RC which is linked to your P4 aircraft with the battery turned on, can you see the aircraft battery percentage in the upper right corner of the GO 4 app live view display?

With both my P4 and P4Pro (with latest firmware) the aircraft battery percentage constantly reads 0% on the DJI GO 4 app running on my Crystalsky Ultra Bright (with latest firmware) for some weird reason even though the aircraft battery voltage displays correctly.  However, with my Inspire 1 and P3Pro the battery percentage reads correctly when running the DJI GO app on the Crystalsky UB.  Also, do you have the latest Crystalsky firmware and P4 firmware installed?
2017-12-26
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-26 10:27
bobo -

I could use your help.  With your Crystalsky Ultra Bright connected to your P4 RC which is linked to your P4 aircraft with the battery turned on, can you see the aircraft battery percentage in the upper right corner of the GO 4 app live view display?

When I get the Crystalsky Ultra replaced I will check for you. I sent mine back.
2017-12-26
Use props
fans0503ad79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40896 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem with my Ultra today. Battery had power, and another battery did not help.
2018-1-20
Use props
sitka_rn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3107 ft
United States

My ultra is less than 3 months old. Have had only 3 flights. Turned it on this morning and unit got really hot... screen started flickering.  turned off immediatly.  Full battery... completely black screen. Hope battery out to drain internal power works... Anyone able to be successful with that yet? Power button makes small noise and vibration when battery out
2018-2-10
Use props
csevengo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1172221 ft
United States

sitka_rn Posted at 2018-2-10 14:32
My ultra is less than 3 months old. Have had only 3 flights. Turned it on this morning and unit got really hot... screen started flickering.  turned off immediatly.  Full battery... completely black screen. Hope battery out to drain internal power works... Anyone able to be successful with that yet? Power button makes small noise and vibration when battery out

Have you updated your display yet? I haven't had any issues since the latest update.
2018-2-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sitka_rn Posted at 2018-2-10 14:32
My ultra is less than 3 months old. Have had only 3 flights. Turned it on this morning and unit got really hot... screen started flickering.  turned off immediatly.  Full battery... completely black screen. Hope battery out to drain internal power works... Anyone able to be successful with that yet? Power button makes small noise and vibration when battery out

Since it got to the point of a full black screen, I'd send it back for a repair or replacement. I haven't heard of the back light being able to fixed via a refresh of some sort.
2018-2-10
Use props
sitka_rn
lvl.1
United States

csevengo Posted at 2018-2-10 15:12
Have you updated your display yet? I haven't had any issues since the latest update.

yes.. have updated...
2018-2-10
Use props
sitka_rn
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-10 15:51
Since it got to the point of a full black screen, I'd send it back for a repair or replacement. I haven't heard of the back light being able to fixed via a refresh of some sort.

DJI just sent me UPS label for return...see how long it takes to get back to Alaska.  Since <3mo old... they say they have to assess for repair vs replacement.. anyone else had this issue... does warranty start over when unit returned?
2018-2-14
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27523688 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue. Brand new CSU failed and the backlight is completely shot. After resetting the monitor by holding down the power button, I can see the screen but there is no major backlight and I have zero control over the brightness. I sent it back to m y dealer for a replacement. This was BEFORE the newest firmware update.
2018-2-16
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I got my new one and been using it a few times. 78 degrees today no clouds. Direct sun for 10 minutes. Screen still works fine but gets very hot. Newest firmware as of today. I have the ultra set on medium brightness. My smaller cyrstalsky doesn't seem to get nearly as hot.
2018-2-16
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

After you turn on your Crystalsky and you push the power button briefly, it will go dark.  The CS is still on and pushing the button again will bring the screen back up.  I did this once and it drove me crazy.  Since then I have not had a dark screen, except when I again bumped the power button.  Don't know if that fits your situation completely, but that is a possibility.
2018-2-16
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27523688 ft
  • >>>
United States

My unit legitimately burnt up (this was after 2 hours of use). I smelled burnt electronic smell while we were on a shoot. After a few hours and a hard reset, the unit clearly had a burnt out backlight as one side of the screen was dim and the other was a little brighter. And also, zero control over the brightness. Meaning, if I slide the bar left and right, it had ZERO effect on the brightness.
2018-2-16
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2018-2-16 10:17
After you turn on your Crystalsky and you push the power button briefly, it will go dark.  The CS is still on and pushing the button again will bring the screen back up.  I did this once and it drove me crazy.  Since then I have not had a dark screen, except when I again bumped the power button.  Don't know if that fits your situation completely, but that is a possibility.

The on-off button was designed for that. Quick press is for off-standby so you can quickly turn on without going thru the boot up process. Long hold will shut down completely. Its in the manual.
2018-2-16
Use props
Samahita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17041 ft
Sri Lanka

My CS UB worked 4 minutes... Got hot and Black.  Fan did 1st turn on after screen died. How do one get these replaced or refunded? Paid 1300$ and it worked (kind of) ONLY 1 single time...
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules