Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying with remote but monitoring with phone
1677 16 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Katt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104167 ft
United States

Hi, I'm very new at this. I purchased the fly more combo pack for the spark.I'm having an issue with getting the video on my phone while controlling the drone with the remote.
It seems that one cancels out the other..
I have the otg cable as well but something is just not clicking. I have watched several tutorials
on youtube to no avail.... Any chance someone can nudge me in the right direction? I'm finding this
to be very user unfriendly...
Thanks Kassandra

2017-12-20
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

Try withoout the cable.  Have you linked the RC with the Spark?  Below are the steps that I do:
Turn on RC
Connect RC to phone wifi
Turn on Spark
Open application
Wait until the app shows enter flight

At that time you should see wha the camera is seeing from the Spark and ready to fly.

2017-12-20
Use props
Katt
lvl.3
United States

I will give it a go as soon as everything charges back up. Will let you know. Thanks.
2017-12-20
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

I use OTG and follow the following process (with iPHone/IOS)

Turn on phone
Turn on Remote
Turn on Spark
Start App on phone
Plug in OTG Cable. (Get  prompt about unsupported device and ignore that)
Wait for video feed from spark to phone
Wait for Ready to go / GPS messag on phone.

Take off !!
2017-12-20
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-12-20 12:38

Turn on phone

What versions and platform are you using?
2017-12-20
Use props
Katt
lvl.3
United States

lsufan861 Posted at 2017-12-20 11:53
Try withoout the cable.  Have you linked the RC with the Spark?  Below are the steps that I do:
Turn on RC
Connect RC to phone wifi

Ok I tried it your way. Once I open the App on my phone I now get a blank screen... white the first time and then a black one...
2017-12-20
Use props
Katt
lvl.3
United States

lsufan861 Posted at 2017-12-20 12:56
What versions and platform are you using?

4.1.18 is the installed version
2017-12-20
Use props
Katt
lvl.3
United States

Katt Posted at 2017-12-20 13:57

Using the dji
2017-12-20
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

I think you have connected the Spark drone to your phone.  The Spark needs to be linked to the RC.  Once connected to the RC, the Spark will not broadcast an wifi SSID so your phone will not have the Spark as something it can link too.  The drone to RC link will be hidden with no SSID broadcasted.  That is good.  

With the RC and the drone on/linked (see green LED on controller), you can start your phone and under the phone's wifi page you will see the RC's wifi.  Connect to the RC's wifi broadcast.  The RC's wifi SSID looks something like RC-xxxx-xxx.  
2017-12-20
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-12-20 12:38

Turn on phone

Funny as I use no OTG and the following process (iPhone 6)

Turn on drone while holding in my hand.
Turn on remote once drone has beeped its boot up sounds
Turn on phone once the RC (remote) has a green LED (connect to drone indication)
Start up App (often the App is already open from a previous flight and it will show the camera view/status

X out of status screen
Check GPS quality.  Double click the drone in my hand for a hand launch.  Give it a hard stare, once the camera has found my face, so it knows to behave
Switch back from gesture mode to normal mode once it has launched.

Most of my process is the reverse of yours.  Seems a lot of variety in the process works just fine.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

Katt Posted at 2017-12-20 13:57

Hi, Katt. Please try to re-link your RC with AC. You can also try to reset the wifi. If the problem remains, please try to change a mobile device and provide a screenshot of the image screen. Thanks a lot.

2017-12-20
Use props
fans8cdae002
New

United States

I gave a new spark - hate it!!!!
Usually takes about 1/2 battery to get things to connect - ie phone to drone and controller to drone - back and forth from settings and DJI app and back and forth.   I bought the flymore package but I can tell you this.   I sure as heck don’t fly more.   

I’ve watch the tutorial videos and every time I try to fly it again it won’t connect to the controller or the spark doesn’t show up in the Wi-Fi settings - terrible system
2017-12-20
Use props
fans8cdae002
New

United States

After getting connected today I had a whole 6 mins of fly time left on battery.   When I took it up to 200 ft and went for a flight it list signal to drone at 896 ft.    Had to line of sight it back.   I thought this was to have better distance than 900 ft.   

Maybe somethings wrong with this machine or remote.   Help!!!
2017-12-20
Use props
Katt
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-20 19:29
Hi, Katt. Please try to re-link your RC with AC. You can also try to reset the wifi. If the problem remains, please try to change a mobile device and provide a screenshot of the image screen. Thanks a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAVJSbO8Ek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8&t=2s

DJI Elektra,
Thanks for the video's. I finally got the video play on my phone. Unfortunately once the drone got about 200 feet away from me it stopped. I'm starting to think I may need a better smartphone. I did however enjoy the drone today without the phone. Took a couple of video's. I do like it but just want to be able to use it to it's fullest capacity. Thanks for the reply and I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas...
Katt
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

Katt Posted at 2017-12-21 12:33
DJI Elektra,
Thanks for the video's. I finally got the video play on my phone. Unfortunately once the drone got about 200 feet away from me it stopped. I'm starting to think I may need a better smartphone. I did however enjoy the drone today without the phone. Took a couple of video's. I do like it but just want to be able to use it to it's fullest capacity. Thanks for the reply and I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas...
Katt

Wish you a merry Christmas! I would recommend you fly with app. Here is the recommended list of device. Hope it can help you.
app spark.JPG
2017-12-22
Use props
Katt
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-22 01:02
Wish you a merry Christmas! I would recommend you fly with app. Here is the recommended list of device. Hope it can help you.

My current phone is running Android 5.1.1
The app itself keeps dropping. But I'm moving into a better
phone which runs the android 7.0 platform. so hopefully!!!
Many thanks for the list. Eventually I want to run it with a
pad instead.
Thanks again
2017-12-22
Use props
Katt981
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-22 01:02

Hi Elektra, I got a new cell phone which is running Android 7 platform. Everything is working as it should be now. Thanks for the help and have a Happy New Year
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules