Ipad Mini 4 Issue
877 8 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kayaker
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I just received a "Fly More Combo" Spark and although I can connect to the tablet via OTG I'm getting a "Weak image transmission signal" message. I don't get the message when in WiFi mode. I'm using the lightning cable that came with the Ipad and a Samsung OTG. The drone flies extremely well but the video shot with the OTG connection is not as good as through WiFi. Any advice would be very welcome.

Thank You
2017-12-20
Use props
giaxxon
lvl.1
United States

Uh... maybe don't use the OTG cable? I also just got my Spark and I've read a ton of posts and watched a bunch of vids on the OTG thing. I can't see a single reason to mess with it(on IOS) and it isn't supported by DJI anyway. My advice would bve to just use your product in the way it was designed to be used and enjoy it
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Kay. Please use wifi connection instead. If the image transmission is weak, please ensure that your drone is in the channel with best signal.
2017-12-20
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

A few others have also reported decreased functionality using otg cable with the new iOS dji app4.1.20 - it looks like WiFi may be the only choice for iOS users who have upgraded
2017-12-20
Use props
Kayaker
lvl.2

United States

Thank you folks! I am going to stick with WiFi on the Ipad. I had only flown brushed "toy" drones until I got the spark. It was like going from a Yugo to a Porsche, I love the little Spark!
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kayaker Posted at 2017-12-21 02:46
Thank you folks! I am going to stick with WiFi on the Ipad. I had only flown brushed "toy" drones until I got the spark. It was like going from a Yugo to a Porsche, I love the little Spark!

Thanks for the positive feedback. Have fun with your spark!
2017-12-21
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Since the release of DJI Go 4.1.20 for IOS, we always see the message "Weak image transmission signal" when using OTG, even if the signal is solid. Obviously it is a bug in the new version.
2017-12-21
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

PS013 Posted at 2017-12-21 08:39
Obviously it is a bug in the new version.

I do not think so, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature!
2017-12-21
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Just like Android, otg functionality is now not working - these updates are going backwards by losing functionality
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules