Selling
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grizz
lvl.2
New Zealand

Greetings and merry Christmas folks.
I Have a phantom 4 still in it's box and I want to sell it but I have noticed that people are having trouble with the latest firmware update.
Q: Should I sell it without the update
2017-12-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sell it working, stick to the firmware its on, then take photos of serial numbers and photos/screen shots of the firmware's in the about in the app, AC, RC etc
that way, if they say it dont work anymore ask what firmware its on.

Advise them if you like, not to update the firmware, least then youve done your bit
2017-12-20
Use props
Nick Gee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

My buddy refuses to update his P4 because of the issues at hand.
Leave it as it is buddy.
2017-12-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha grizz,

Recently, I learned that the problem is related to some iOS devices.  Let whoever purchases the P4 know that it is not updated but flies with the original firmware.  Give them the option of updating and upgrading it.  But, be sure to warn them that the P4 has problems with some iOS devices and they may want to use an Android device with the P4.  I have not had problems with my P4 using my Android devices.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here (touch virtual wood), My note 3 on android is fine too, for now...........
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Grizz, just for curiosity, why do you want to sell when it is still in box? Any plan for upgrading to other drones?
2017-12-21
Use props
grizz
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi DJI Susan.
I had a P3 advanced that I used to take up to the foothills west of Christchurch and got some great photos so I purchased the P4  but a downhill in health put a stop to it all...

Thanks very much everyone for your advice, I will try my ipod air 2 and see if they are happy with each other.
Kind Regards
grizz
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules