Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I noticed that my spark isn't flying in a straight line. I fly with the controller and when it is up in the air, I noticed that when I put the right stick forward it drifts slightly to the right. I can easily correct it bij slightly moving forward and a little bit left, but it didn't do that the first 4/5 months.
It doesn't say it needs to be callibrated or so and I also see no further errors.

Anybody knows what to do about it.

thnx
2017-12-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It will not hurt to calibrate the RC sticks again, methinks
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Maik. Please try to calibrate your IMU and compass before flight. You can also follow the advice above. If the problem remains, please provide us the flight data and the black box data for further analysis.
2017-12-20
Use props
Dan O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650768 ft
Romania

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-20 23:59
Hi, Maik. Please try to calibrate your IMU and compass before flight. You can also follow the advice above. If the problem remains, please provide us the flight data and the black box data for further analysis.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

My craft did this from the very first flight. I seen at least 3 sparks behaving the same. An IMU calibration helped for a short period of time but then the issue came back.  It will drift sometimes to left and sometimes to right, there are indeed situations when no drift occurs. I assume this is related to the drone performance in general and not being  a sign of malfunction.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dan O Posted at 2017-12-21 03:47
My craft did this from the very first flight. I seen at least 3 sparks behaving the same. An IMU calibration helped for a short period of time but then the issue came back.  It will drift sometimes to left and sometimes to right, there are indeed situations when no drift occurs. I assume this is related to the drone performance in general and not being  a sign of malfunction.

Please ensure that you fly in a place without interference. If you fly in a new place, I would recommend you calibrate the compass first and see if it works. If the above solutions fail to solve your problem, please export the flight data and upload to dropbox, then post the link here.
2017-12-22
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Have you figured out a solution to this or just learned to live with it? I've been noticing the exact same thing with my spark lately.
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When any of my drones start drifting I recalibrate the IMU and RC sticks then the compass when I'm at an area with no interference. I'll also swap the props out with a fresh set too and keep the drone lower in heavier winds.
2018-1-23
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Mark Blaide Posted at 2018-1-22 16:40
Have you figured out a solution to this or just learned to live with it? I've been noticing the exact same thing with my spark lately.

Same thing here. For a long time. I just live with it. Tried inumerous IMU, COMPASS AND CONTROLLER recalibrations, no success!
2018-10-3
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

calibrate the drones IMU and compass, and calibrate the controller too. Let us know if it works.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules