123Next >
20081 112 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jorgerocha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270653 ft

Colombia

DJI, everybody dissapointed, including me, new user of dji products with spark, i though it was going to fly 1.2 miles, but interference every time, at 80 meters, weak signal using wifi, with clear sky! please solve this, everybody buy this spark for december. but now, very sad whit my own gift
2017-12-28
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72598 ft
Australia

Cameron Dasso Posted at 2017-12-27 19:08
I am new to DJI and have a Spark and Mavic Pro. I have been reading the endless posts about problems using OTG and the replies from DJI that currently they are not supporting it.

I also would like to connect to the contoller with a cable vs WIFI basically for the more positive gimbal control and no irritation image transmission glitches but in reality the connection between the phone and the RC is not a huge safety concern since the Spark will fly just fine without it and the RTH functions, pause button and all that work just fine without the mobile device. That being said it is still disconcerting and upsetting when it happens so of course I would like to eliminate that with a cable. But....

Interesting analysis. If only DJI would just say why the OTG cable isn't supported and if they intend to support it in the future and if so when. The only gripe I have with spark is the slow response between my commands and what I see on the screen.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pauxier Posted at 2017-12-27 19:14
Where did you get the update?

Hi Pauxier, the latest Android V4.1.22 has been released at a staged rollout. It will be available in your end soon, please check later.
2017-12-28
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29639 ft
Netherlands

DJI when do you stop with this stupid updates who mess up our drones?
Since this update I can't fly 50 meters without losing connection, you can go far but very slow, following your car is impossible, because the weak wifi connection.
OTG was perfect for me 730 meters full speed without lacking, following my car with 55 km/u, just perfect. How can we trust your stupid updates?
Do not want to buy a Mavic, my father in law has a brand new one, and also all issues with gimball, vision issues, etc, he can not fly with his brand new drone, have been all day working to get it up in the air. No succes.
Really DJI what garbage do you sell?
Make a good drone test it in all ways and sell.
2017-12-29
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

Can anybody make a link to the old Go4 app for the iPhone?
Because when DJI rejects to make this undone we have to do it our selves.
2017-12-29
Use props
Sjd666 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-28 22:13
Hi Pauxier, the latest Android V4.1.22 has been released at a staged rollout. It will be available in your end soon, please check later.

What about iOS & crystal sky update ?
2017-12-29
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-25 21:30
All previous versions of the app had otg functionality- this is only in the new update - if you want otg support for iOS you have to stay on dji 4.1.18 or earlier - for android you have to stay on 4.1.15 or earlier

Hello do you have the iOs 4.1.18 version for me. I do not have a backup of it.
2017-12-29
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

This evening I had contact with support (John Airan). I told the problem with the Weak Image Transmission Signal.
John told me that I had to remove the app and update my iPhone to the latest update and after that reinstall the DJI Go 4 app.
That was absolutly the solution John sais, I said I did not read that on the forum, he said yes it is all over the forum.

So I did, now I have a slow iPhone and the same problem, still a Weak Image Transmission Signal.
Thank you very much idiot.
A drone of € 800 that can not fly without losing connection.
We can only hope a good drone brand comes because doing this to your customers, lying and giving bad firmware and software updates is idiot.

Xiaomi is making a fine drone it is only a little big.
2017-12-29
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Boedie Posted at 2017-12-29 11:21
This evening I had contact with support (John Airan). I told the problem with the Weak Image Transmission Signal.
John told me that I had to remove the app and update my iPhone to the latest update and after that reinstall the DJI Go 4 app.
That was absolutly the solution John sais, I said I did not read that on the forum, he said yes it is all over the forum.

I am sitting here laughing my a@# off
2017-12-29
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-12-29 11:23
I am sitting here laughing my a@# off

Nice #@!!±*&
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sjd666 1 Posted at 2017-12-29 07:45
What about iOS & crystal sky update ?

The latest version of IOS is V4.1.20, and our engineers are working on the Crystalsky, we'll release on our website as soon as it is ready.
2018-1-1
Use props
fans5a175549
lvl.1
Flight distance : 997 ft
United States

We really need to know if they intend to fix this issue as many of us are still within the extended holiday return period.  I purchased my spark just before Black Friday and my window is closing.  If there is a plan to fix OTG Support, great, I will be patient.  If there is not, people need to know.
2018-1-1
Use props
fans786d5709
lvl.1

United States

So i get the same, thank god i have found Another post regarding the same issue...  here’s the kicker.. OTG cable worked great until the latest 2 firmware downloads. I couls fly the spark using the cable with my wifi off on my phone at distances of near 5000 feet away.. now, exact symptoms as listed above and it will fly only about 1500 feet and lose connection and return home.
2018-1-1
Use props
fans786d5709
lvl.1

United States

Pretty lame if i must say.. paying 600 for the fly more combo and only flyin 1500 feet.. wouldve rather payed 899 for the mavic and fly at 4 miles. Just sayin. I dont even wanna fly because im afraid ill lose it somehow with these issues.
2018-1-1
Use props
Johnsy95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18783 ft
United Kingdom

I'm glad that they are now working on it as i bought mine Black Friday and its been class well until these updates..
I don't go very far with WIFI Hence OTG Cable worked.
Hopefully this will be sorted soon and we can all get flying again..
My Regards to the people having the same issue, Happy new Year!!
2018-1-1
Use props
Goliath
New
United States

Come on DJI lets get this update complete. I cant fly at all without crappy signal we want the OTG CABLE!
2018-1-1
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

To DJI - Why do you remove support of the OTG Cable? Simple question that needs a simple answer
2018-1-1
Use props
fansd502b716
lvl.2
United States

I am also another unhappy Spark customer due to the inability to use an OTG cable. It should be the other way around where the cable works good and the wifi is less reliable. That I would understand. I am so glad I kept my Mavic and Goggles on 700 firmware and old version of DJI Go 4 before Spark was added. DJI you really are terrible at software upgrades. I won't even get into how it took over 4 months to get my piece of crap DJI dead on arrival Goggles replaced by your horrible customer service who lied to me on dozens of occasions and kept saying they would call me the next day with follow up info and never once ever called me back. I cannot believe I bought another one of your products.
2018-1-1
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820210 ft
United Kingdom

And DJI troll us
F0EEA43C-9F9B-4DF5-8F43-B41A018AA785.jpeg
5CC5D257-415F-4D6C-AEB1-428C236D219B.png
2018-1-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse6bf1271 Posted at 2017-12-24 15:40
Same here  "Weak image signal" when using OTG cable. Normal with Wifi.  but range is garbage with both

I am having the same trouble. Mine is worst, that even if its in WIFI - I still get the weak image transmission. I was able to fly my Spark though with no problem.
2018-1-2
Use props
rubenkristoffer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118140 ft
South Korea

iOS app v 4.1.22 released about 10h ago but it still didnt resolve the weak image transmission issue experienced with an OTG connection.
2018-1-2
Use props
rubenkristoffer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118140 ft
South Korea

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-22 00:20
Please wait patiently. Our engineers are working on that. Your requirement was forwarded. Thanks for your support.

iOS app v 4.1.22 released about 10h ago but it still didnt resolve the weak image transmission issue experienced with an OTG connection.
2018-1-2
Use props
simo_andreev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75659 ft
Bulgaria

Im confirm that with new iOS app version the problem for "weak image transmission issue" still exist with cable, with wifi works fine, another problem i found is that when i try to connect only RC to mobile app it is impossible and receive strange message for Phantom 3 which is strange because i'm with Spark, with old app version connecting only RC to mobile was possible.
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_r4BvQ0s
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141877 ft
Vietnam

Here also. Just upgraded to ios 11.  And weak image transmission signal. Which really sucks.
But I have it worse. For some reason, go4 resets the values of my maximum altitude (and RTH maximum altitude, and multiple flight modes, and enable obstacle avoidance) to 40m. I can't go higher than that. And that is REALLY annoying.
Anyone had encountered this problem before?
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_r4BvQ0s
lvl.2
Vietnam

Here also. Just upgraded to ios 11.  And weak image transmission signal. Which really sucks.
But I have it worse. For some reason, go4 resets the values of my maximum altitude (and RTH maximum altitude, and multiple flight modes, and enable obstacle avoidance) to 40m. I can't go higher than that. And that is REALLY annoying.
I installed the GO4 on another phone, iPhone 7, to eliminate the possibility that it was a device issue (I use the ipad mini 2 and though it might have gotten to old to deal with the new updates), same problem persisted. So I uninstalled and reinstalled GO4, and created a new account, to eliminate the possibility that the problems are due to my Spark, and, surprisingly, the problems PERSISTED. I don't know what to think now...
Anyone had encountered this problem before? Anyone with a solution?
DJI costumer service is VERY slow to respond.
HELP?
HELP
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_r4BvQ0s
lvl.2
Vietnam

I installed the GO4 on another phone, iPhone 7, to eliminate the possibility that it was a device issue (I use the ipad mini 2 and though it might have gotten to old to deal with the new updates), same problem persisted. So I uninstalled and reinstalled GO4, and created a new account, to eliminate the possibility that the problems are due to my Spark, and, surprisingly, the problems PERSISTED. I don't know what to think now...
Anyone had encountered this problem before? Anyone with a solution?
DJI costumer service is VERY slow to respond.
HELP?
2018-1-4
Use props
fanse9bef82e
lvl.1
Brazil

Facts:

1.DJI doesn’t want the Spark to be used with OTG. From the very beginning.

2.  So they tricked us into finally comply (forced) with this with the latest GO4 update, Trojan-horse way

3. This is TYPICAL DJI tactic: no warning, just a smuggled code and voila, goodbye OTG.

4.Finally, the evasive replies and overall Vaseline CS by DJI guys and gals also gives clear indication that, if you updated, better forget OTG for good!
2018-1-4
Use props
Flying High 69
New
Flight distance : 46 ft
United States

So should I even bother with getting the otg cable for better transmission signal for my spark I got yesterday after updating the firmware all night?
2018-1-5
Use props
fansbe7a3672
lvl.1

United States

Bought the spark tonight with is my first ever drone and got the same error with the OTG cable, that’s unfortunate since I never got to fly it.  Looks like I bought the wrong brand.  Well it’ll go back to the store tomorrow.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans360f1c34
lvl.1
New Zealand

I can’t fly past 100m. Looking to go out to 300m and the specs say before purchase.
All new updates
Rc
Otg cable
No Bluetooth
And say weak transmission signal.
Any one know how I can get some more distance out of this?
2018-1-7
Use props
fans360f1c34
lvl.1
New Zealand

Also having issue with max hight and  distance being reset and won’t bed in.
When will this be fixed?
Just want my money back now as it’s not what is advertised as been able to do.
So not happy!!!
2018-1-7
Use props
DPhilips
New
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 02:39
Please use wifi connection instead and OTG cable may cause some problems with our app. Thanks for your understanding.

Dear DJI

Just a contribution to emphasize the need to either fix the mage transmission over WiFi or over OTG.

I have the spark now for a couple of months and always used the 'normal' way of connecting via WiFi.
I never ever got a total smooth video, it always had blips because it lost video fractions of seconds, even in the outside fields with zero interference.
Tried automatic and various manual channels on the WiFi but hardly any improvement.
Never went any further than a couple of 100 meters distance and 40 to 50 meters high.

Finally I purchased a OTG cable through AliExpress and what the f*ck, that's even worse with the current App 4.1.20

DJI Can I ask you when you'll provide an update and make sure that either WiFi or OTG (or better both) works !?

I even believe this can be a reason to reclaim money because of delivering a mall-functioning product.

2018-1-7
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just been to the local park with My Inductrix FPV + and had a blast. Used all 5 batteries just zipping round and through and under stuff. Got a transmitter mount for my FPV screen coming next week so may resort to posting vids of that instead of "WEAK TRANSMISSION SIGNAL". Old Sparky has been in the naughty box until OTG is sorted out DUE TO NO CONFIDENCE IN WIFI SIGNAL ONLY. Not getting mad about it though as DJI will get there in the end I suppose.
2018-1-7
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820210 ft
United Kingdom

Today I try to fly again with my spark and it was the worst fly i ever done after 50m because of the wifi connection with the RC. A lot of lags and i don't fly it more the 300m because of the continues disconnection of the signal.
DJI give NOW the new update because we are very disappointed with our product...
We payed it, you don't give it us free...

Make the correct step NOW!!!
Waiting
2018-1-7
Use props
Epyonz
lvl.1
Canada

Guys, this update is terrible. How do you expect people to want to have confidence in flying their drones with this issue on top of the yaw and no GPS issue that could happen also?
2018-1-8
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Netherlands

If your Sparky flies without issues, than do not update Go4 app or firmware, it only gets worse.
Search on the internet how to avoid these forced downgrading updates.
2018-1-8
Use props
fanseab708d3
New

Brazil

Yep...

The same OTG problem here. “Weak Trabamission Signal” message and poor range.

DJI GO 4 v4.1.22, iOS 11.2.2 and the lasted firmwares on Spark an RC.

With WiFi connection the “weak transmission signal” is gone, but a lot of lagging on video and the range is only 50m.
2018-1-8
Use props
rickmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23901 ft
United States

Me, too. Just to add my 2 cents. Since the last update, I've had the "weak transmission signal" warning and I'm using the OTG cable. I don't understand why DJIO doesn't address the OTG issue. This makes so much more sense. It should be the DEFAULT connectivity... then let us use WiFi if we don't have, or forget the cable. But why the (apparently inaccurate) WEAK TRANSMISSION notice? I don't seem to have any video reception issues, yet I have the constant warning.
PERHAPS IF WE ALL SEND A DIRECT EMAIL TO DJI DEMANDING SOME KIND OF OTG SUPPORT WE MIGHT GET SOMEWHERE WITH THIS ISSUE.

It's very frustrating when they update the firmware... then later the software.... then a "fix" to the software.... then the RC firmware.... etc.
2018-1-10
Use props
The Adventure G
New

United States

use Litchi app to solve the problem
2018-1-10
Use props
The Adventure G
New

United States

Use Litchi app to solve the problem!!!!