Inspire 2 X4S visual interference on some videos
1124 6 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113701 ft
Australia

During my last flight, I found two of my videos showed visual interference and I'm not sure what the source is. The camera is an X4S and I've not seen it in any previous flights, I've only done about 5h of flights with it. Has anyone seen this before? Is it the camera or something else? (the visual interference is the flickering in the darker sections which look like horizontal bands)

2017-12-21
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I used to get something like this on an older drone, the props were casting a shadow over the lens, nd filters fixed this, I have never seen this happen on an inspire 1 or 2 though.
2017-12-21
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.2
Australia

Skyris Posted at 2017-12-21 01:37
I used to get something like this on an older drone, the props were casting a shadow over the lens, nd filters fixed this, I have never seen this happen on an inspire 1 or 2 though.

That would make sense, thanks!
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Dave, just to verify, did you raise the landing gear during flight?
2017-12-22
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-22 00:05
Hi Dave, just to verify, did you raise the landing gear during flight?

Yes, the landing gear was raised. I'm fairly certain Skyris is correct as I experienced the same symptoms today but only in certain shots where I think the sun would have cast a shadow on the camera through the props.

Is there a sun-shade for the X4S to mitigate this or do we just have to live with it and choose our shots to avoid it?
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DaveAU Posted at 2017-12-22 03:02
Yes, the landing gear was raised. I'm fairly certain Skyris is correct as I experienced the same symptoms today but only in certain shots where I think the sun would have cast a shadow on the camera through the props.

Is there a sun-shade for the X4S to mitigate this or do we just have to live with it and choose our shots to avoid it?

Hi Dave, sorry that we do not have the sun shade at the moment, the shadow may be generated when you fly towards the light, please pay attention to the image transmission in the APP during flight.
2017-12-25
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7801565 ft
United States

Guess it wouldn't hurt to check and make sure your anti-flicker is on in your camera settings.
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules