New Spark Firmware Released (21/12/2017)
67929 333 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
volt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18346 ft
Malaysia

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-29 07:58
Find the easily available FCC hacked APP (on 4.1.15), with and OTG cable and your Spark will become a reliable, trusted product.

In the UK and on Android, its junk, a toy that cost £700.     Even on IOS now without OTG is useless, I've tried and tested multiple devices.

100% agreed with your comments and i m flying with dji go 4.1.15 FCC with OTG connection without problems
2017-12-30
Use props
jerzee flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447096 ft
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2017-12-29 08:30
I've been running the new firmware release (.0900) for about a week now.  Seems to be working fine.  I'm going to post a video later today on my YouTube status and results both WITH & WITHOUT the OTG Cable.  I have been using the OTG Cable for some time and works for me.  With all the recent software changes (Apple IOS & DJI GO4 App) I'm going to re-test again today and post shortly.  

My Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/c/RGMGFitness

im in jersey to and they came out with 4.1.22 in the play store for us android users..
2017-12-30
Use props
HBpics
New
Austria

Every Firmware update makes the Spark worse and useless :-(
I want my money back.
2017-12-30
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Have anyone tested the New Dji Go 4 4.1.22 version with the OTG? i am still on the old version and i dont want to update and waste my time until i got feedback
2017-12-30
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

jerzee flyer Posted at 2017-12-30 01:04
im in jersey to and they came out with 4.1.22 in the play store for us android users..

Do you know what 4.1.22 fixes.  I'm using the iPhone (Apple iPhone 7 Plus), but just curious what this new release does...
2017-12-30
Use props
fans9c9d61d2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

volt Posted at 2017-12-30 00:05
100% agreed with your comments and i m flying with dji go 4.1.15 FCC with OTG connection without problems

Thanks Volt.  I was thinking about doing this, but managed to find a bad link for the download for the 4.1.15 version.  Could you point me to a safe file source?  Many thanks.
2017-12-30
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832480 ft
Romania

The good versions (4.1.14 or 4.1.15) are one page two: https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_ ... pk&page=2&s=dji+go+
Page one is for the latest versions... no new functionality but lost OTG connectivity.
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_yxfdr03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338222 ft
Canada

Hey guys and gals. So ive read as much as i could to find my answer on my own but I'm still a little confused. Do I need to Update my Spark? Not the batteries or RC but the actual drone? Like plug the micro USB into the spark and hook to a computer? I am having ZERO issues and it is working perfect at the moment. I basically just use a S8 or my iPad and don't use a computer much ever. Did the dec21 update to batteries as required. Thanks! #skyspy
2017-12-30
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

DJI forces us to use FCC mod app and previous version 4.1.15 Android app. We don't upgrade or use mod app to bring the Spark a flyable drone.
In many countries urban area interference was too high to use WiFi connections also CE was too low power.
2017-12-30
Use props
fansb35252f6
lvl.1
United States

Kilrah Posted at 2017-12-21 07:35
The only thing changed in this firmware compared to .800 is the battery firmware. Rest is untouched.

No, that is the only change that DJI wants you to know about...
2017-12-30
Use props
_zine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49521 ft
United Kingdom

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-12-30 08:06
Have anyone tested the New Dji Go 4 4.1.22 version with the OTG? i am still on the old version and i dont want to update and waste my time until i got feedback

Don't update ... you may lose your Spark.

Wait until next release.
2017-12-30
Use props
_zine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49521 ft
United Kingdom

volt Posted at 2017-12-30 16:04
I m not sure supposed to discuss here but i can tell u , first i cleaned installed the modded dji go 4 app 4.1.13v25app and follow with below instructions than
later u can install original dji go 4.1.15 android app and as long when there is a prompt for WLAN settings just cancel it
Quick tutorial:

Just curious ... Should you have an issue with the Spark and need to claim warranty or claim again the care refresh, would DJI reject claim due to invalid or modified app?
2017-12-30
Use props
volt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18346 ft
Malaysia

_zine Posted at 2017-12-30 16:10
Just curious ... Should you have an issue with the Spark and need to claim warranty or claim again the care refresh, would DJI reject claim due to invalid or modified app?

It is  not a modification of the firmware or something .On paper i think dji cannot void our warranty just because  we r flying in FCC region and our modded app was uninstalled before we installed the original dji go 4 app from their official store.finger crossed
2017-12-30
Use props
Sahalas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9239 ft
Indonesia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-21 08:41
As reported above: It's an update for Spark and the batteries. You have to do it for all your batteries, but it goes fast once the Spark is updated (and even that one is pretty fast).

Thanks. Well explained. Will do it
2017-12-30
Use props
fans9c9d61d2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I m not sure supposed to discuss here but i can tell u , first i cleaned installed the modded dji go 4 app 4.1.13v25app and follow with below instructions than later u can install original dji go 4.1.15 android app and as long when there is a prompt for WLAN settings just cancel it
Quick tutorial:
1. Install the modded app. Do NOT enter your original credentials as I don't trust the app. Put random name and it will log you in.

Many thanks Volt!  
2017-12-31
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

_zine Posted at 2017-12-30 16:08
Don't update ... you may lose your Spark.

Wait until next release.

Ok thanks for the advice, i am in a trip and i dont wont to ruin my flight ability so i will remain on my older version.
2017-12-31
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

I m not sure supposed to discuss here but i can tell u , first i cleaned installed the modded dji go 4 app 4.1.13v25app and follow with below instructions than later u can install original dji go 4.1.15 android app and as long when there is a prompt for WLAN settings just cancel it
Quick tutorial:
1. Install the modded app. Do NOT enter your original credentials as I don't trust the app. Put random name and it will log you in.

what is the different between just having the 4.1.15 normal way and this modded way?
2017-12-31
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-12-31 03:39
what is the different between just having the 4.1.15 normal way and this modded way?

It really depends on what you want.
Mods are done in a way you can choose which ones to apply:
- forced FCC
- Mavic modes on Spark
- Ability to change bands even if OTG is used
and many more...

So everyone can do its own set of mods based on needs and desires.

DISCLAIMER: Using mods can void your warranty.
I am using third party "no questions asked" insurance so usage of whatever does not affect me but might affect your DJI Refresh or other insurance types.

2017-12-31
Use props
helmarw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12730 ft
United States

any news when the new iOS Version will be released as stated in the first post ?
DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.1.22

its still on 4.1.20 ...
2017-12-31
Use props
brasax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70574 ft
Germany

It would make more sense if DJI would announce new versions after the release in the stores and not the day they released it to the stores.

Actually no iOS update available. 10 days after the „release“.
2018-1-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

brasax Posted at 2018-1-1 03:52
It would make more sense if DJI would announce new versions after the release in the stores and not the day they released it to the stores.

Actually no iOS update available. 10 days after the „release“.

This OP was relating only to the release of the new firmware which took place on that date, not on the release of a new app version. The .22 for Android has meanwhile been released, the one for iOS not yet.
Firmare and app are two different issues.
2018-1-1
Use props
DMY
lvl.2
Philippines

DMY Posted at 2017-12-27 06:51
I am wondering, though, what will happen to my batteries. I upgraded them all as prompted when I upgraded my aircraft to version .900. Will it be compatible again with version .700? Or, will I be prompted also in the DJI Go 4 app to "downgrade" it?  Has anyone done the downgrade from version .900 to .700? (Your feedbacks would be greatly appreciated before I do the downgrade. Thanks.)

I downgraded my Spark to version .701. DJI Go 4 app (IOS 4.1.20) prompted me to update each of my spare batteries when I used it on the Spark for the first time after the downgrade. All updates went smoothly (Spark using DJI Assistant) and all my spare batteries thru DJI Go 4 app (IOS) connected to RC by wifi.

Firmware .900 caused me to lose video signal at around 300 meters using wifi. I could fly out to around 500 meters easily with firmware .701 also using wifi.

Lesson learned: don't update to new firmware immediately when you are very satisfied with your present one. Wait for feedbacks from those who have updated first. I can do what I want with .701, so I will stick with it for a while.
I guess 7 is a lucky number for me. I also kept my Mavic at firmware .700 because it is a very stable version. I've been flying it satisfactorily for many months now.
2018-1-1
Use props
Sparkypete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20958 ft
United Kingdom

New spark owner since xmas have done 10 flights with no problems only baby steps max 100ft up max 200 ft out I'm on firmware .800 but being prompted to upgrade to .900  I have had no issues at all on.800 do u think with the comments form a few I should wait
Any help appreciated
2018-1-1
Use props
fans5a175549
lvl.1
Flight distance : 997 ft
United States

We really need to know if they intend to fix this OTG issue as many of us are still within the extended holiday return period.  I purchased my spark just before Black Friday and my window is closing.  If there is a plan to fix OTG Support, great, I will be patient.  If there is not, people need to know.
2018-1-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans5a175549 Posted at 2018-1-1 08:37
We really need to know if they intend to fix this OTG issue as many of us are still within the extended holiday return period.  I purchased my spark just before Black Friday and my window is closing.  If there is a plan to fix OTG Support, great, I will be patient.  If there is not, people need to know.

It has been repeatedly promised in the past weeks and I trust that it will come. We just need to be patient, as hard as it is ;-)
2018-1-1
Use props
chumRN
New
Flight distance : 1608 ft

United States

Hello there. Happy new year to all!

I need help to whom I can speak to regarding the recent update. I just updated my DJI go app yesterday and the spark firmware, everything went well it said update complete. But when I restarted everything, I found a lot of functions not working properly anymore. Return to home not working, i'm not getting any satellite reading, i cannot enable gesture control, every time I adjust or turn off/on something when I exit that settings it all automatically return to default settings! Everything is a mess! I adjusted my battery warning settings it's saying password reset failed? This is my second update by the way since I got my spark last October. Please help DJI staff. Thank you very much.
2018-1-1
Use props
Johnsy95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18783 ft
United Kingdom

Worst Update Known, Haven't used the drone due to the chance of loss!!
Hopefully this will all be sorted soon, I have faith in DJI!!
My Regards are with them!!
2018-1-1
Use props
brasax
lvl.2
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-1 04:14
This OP was relating only to the release of the new firmware which took place on that date, not on the release of a new app version. The .22 for Android has meanwhile been released, the one for iOS not yet.
Firmare and app are two different issues.

I see it differently. The header is stating new firmware, but the iOS 4.1.22 is also clearly  mentioned which is not available yet.  Then they should be separated in different threads and not mentioning in the firmware thread.
2018-1-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

chumRN Posted at 2018-1-1 11:18
Hello there. Happy new year to all!

I need help to whom I can speak to regarding the recent update. I just updated my DJI go app yesterday and the spark firmware, everything went well it said update complete. But when I restarted everything, I found a lot of functions not working properly anymore. Return to home not working, i'm not getting any satellite reading, i cannot enable gesture control, every time I adjust or turn off/on something when I exit that settings it all automatically return to default settings! Everything is a mess! I adjusted my battery warning settings it's saying password reset failed? This is my second update by the way since I got my spark last October. Please help DJI staff. Thank you very much.

Happy new year to you as well! You are obviously using an OTG cable. This does not work with the current app version. Use WiFi connection instead or return to DJI GO 4 version 4.1.15 until the issue will be solved.
2018-1-2
Use props
brasax
lvl.2
Germany

4.1.22 has been released for iOS iPhone X support
2018-1-2
Use props
fans29c24315
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Upgrade and my Spark is working like a charm...
2018-1-2
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271575 ft
Argentina

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-21 07:59
Can someone from DJI confirm if this firmware upgrade also works with App version 4.1.15, which some people have recommend users downgrade to?   Despite DJI only stating battery change formware change, we know they slip other changes in too, which they don't publish.

I would do it, but I've grounded my Spark until DJI start telling the truth about App and firmware changes.

I downgraded my spark today to 0800 just the spark and now the otg is showing data like before i just need to do a range test ...im in argentina at the moment so no EU bull
2018-1-2
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

JMR58 Posted at 2017-12-21 09:15
This should be the result after latest firmware update on iOS.
DJi GO 4 app 4.1.22 still pending..

How is your data looking with the otg cable on this FW update
2018-1-2
Use props
fans9056ea6f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83671 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just updated the app to 4.1.22 IOS and I have only flown it in the house but I'm getting more satellites and the delay in video seems to not be as bad
2018-1-2
Use props
Sparkpals_Dub_E
lvl.1
Ireland

Hello DJI,

These Spark & RC Firmware DO NOT HAVE Features when Samsung phone is used.

1. Live Streaming
2. OTG Not working
3. DJI Assistant 2 could not detect the Spark.

VERY DISAPOINTING !!!
2018-1-6
Use props
fans09e3b9e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1007 ft
Italy

Hello, i proceded to upgrade the Spark firmware by the assistant 2, all ok, then i tried to upgrade the remote control, but when i  connect th RC to my mobile telephone and i switch to my network the upgrade don't start, the app said me that all is ok, but i don't upgrade the RC... How can I check if the RC and the batteries have the latest firmware version?
2018-1-7
Use props
sanirbacarin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7037 ft
Brazil

I'm using firmware 0.900  and DJI GO app 4.1.22  for android. As OTG is not reliable i'm using wifi connection.
In previous versions i could fly form than 700m in open fields. Now unfortunately when get to 300m the drone loses connection and begin the return to home.
This is very disappointing, because when i got de spark, DJI announced that it could fly until 1.2Km.

I Hope DJI undo this changes that made de Spark worse instead of getting better.
2018-1-15
Use props
Jamie Mattingly
lvl.1
United States

Any future updates to add a 60 fps setting?
2018-1-15
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-12-21 05:17
Dji do you kidding? We has the second FW and 4.1.22 app nowhere? OTG not work etc..

Hey i was on 2.1.8 on android, and that was the key the FW 00900 or 00800 will work its the app you can get 2.1.5 and the OTG is back with telemtry do a youtube search and you can install it on the android, if your on OS then it tricky because you would have to downgrade itunes to12.3 but im on now FW 00900 and App 2.1.5 and its perfect i wont upgrade the App. The key wording with DJI was they were no longer supporting OTG but in the old APPs they did so that why it works.
2018-1-26
Use props
Jay Rob
New

United States

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-21 06:34
If only there was an OTG issue....

http://@PAUL LEE. YOU RETARD OTG trouble is real and you can sick some balls for making that comment
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules