Mavic Pro Battery Control Board
10190 13 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FOX007
lvl.1
India

Hello,
My Mavic pro battery control board damaged , Can buy it  seperatly ? , i cant send battery for warrenty purpose. No one accept it  to send it
can get this control board only ?
Thanks

2017-12-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably from DJI, but I seriously doubt they would sell you one and I'm pretty sure the warranty is void after you take it apart like that.
2017-12-21
Use props
FOX007
lvl.1
India

I tried to send it for warrenty , But no shipping companies accept battery , thatswhy open it, Also am only one time fly with this battery , So its battery is fine , need change only its control board ,  
2017-12-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Warranty voided for sure. Save yourself the headache and just buy another.
2017-12-21
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

^^^ exactly, the better option.  Wouldn't take a chance.
2017-12-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Warranty void for sure as soon you tamper with it. You need to get that professionally disposed now. Nice to see the inside of one though - thats a first.
2017-12-21
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I doubt they send just the circuit board. And because it's open, the warranty is most likely void.

Best bet is to just buy another battery.
2017-12-21
Use props
FOX007
lvl.1
India

if any one have a damage battery , its helps me , i mean battery (li-po) part damage and circuit part working , then i can re use battery again, Because my battery never use, I mean only one fly, So Battery so healthy, Just need its circuit board only
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Fox, we don't recommend that you repair it or continue using it for the concern of flight safety. Since you had opened it, DJI might not provide warranty for it. Please contact support@dji.com for a further help.
2017-12-21
Use props
axelandar
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-21 20:33
Fox, we don't recommend that you repair it or continue using it for the concern of flight safety. Since you had opened it, DJI might not provide warranty for it. Please contact  for a further help.

I tried creating a ticket for my battery doing the same thing and never got a response.  
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

axelandar Posted at 4-8 09:01
I tried creating a ticket for my battery doing the same thing and never got a response.

Axelandar, I am sorry for the trouble. May I have your ticket number? I'll check the status and help.
2019-4-8
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Just some thoughts.
Have you done a search on the forum to find users with bloated batteries that cannot be replaced under warranty?
Have you any experience with soldering circuit boards? You will notice the two main leads have a large ball of solder at the connection. A lot of heat applied very quickly is needed to minimise the damage to the glued on coper circuit. Typically this breaks away and makes repair very difficult. If you get lucky, you still have to solder the new leads. I suggest you get several battery boards to practice on.
The large area connection, the solder, is vital so there is negligible resistance at the joint. Frankly, I think you risk losing your drone in this endeavour. Good luck anyway.
2019-4-9
Use props
JavedLuhar
New
Flight distance : 5387 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hey FOX007

Have you got any solution?

Best Regards
Javed luhar
2019-8-23
Use props
TaiwanRulez
lvl.2

Poland

Seriously, noone from DJI cared to chime in and explain how the battery works?

If you want to replace the battery board, you either need:

1. modified one, "hacked" if you will, so it doesn't enter Permanent Failure state as soon as you solder/desolder it,

2. or a battery chip programmer, plus software used to re-program the battery (these, in total, will cost you more than new battery, and you need to be smart enough to actually do the re-programming)

If you buy another faulty battery, and try to switch cells  - permanent failure flag will set  as well. It doesn't mean the board is damaged, it's just in PF mode.
So most not working boards are probably good, just in locked state.

Finally, if PF flag got set, it typically means the cells are damaged and it's dangerous to fly. It can either suddenly drop power and cause your drone to crash, or get very hot and start smoking.
It's reasonably safe to use in low power though, ie. as a power bank.
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules