iPhone stuck on placing care refresh order
924 3 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

finally took up the nerve to unbox the Mavic, I activated via my iPhone. It offered me the DJI care refresh as part of that process, it’s just spinning trying to place order.

Should I just force the app to quit, it’s been over 10 minutes.

Harry
Dumb question number 1 of 100
2017-12-21
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
United States

In the end I had to quite the DJI app on the iPhone. It turns out the when I turn the Mavic on it kills my home WiFi.

I could not up update the firmware via the iphone, in the end I downloaded DJI assistant on my Mac and updated firmware via USB.

The issue I have now is that because the DJI app crashed/timed out during the purchase part of DJI Refresh. The DJI store thinks I've already purchased refresh for my serial number, but I never completed (PayPal).

I have opened a support ticket.

I have still not flown, so nervous

Of course I renamed my Mavic "Hedwig"

Harry

2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Harry, so you have attempted to purchase the DJI Care Refresh but the order has not been finished, right? In this case, I would suggest that you can check the order on the PC website, complete the order.
But it doesn't seem that Mavic will switch off your home WiFi when you powering it on, may I know the details of it?
And if the app crash, please try to update the iOS to the latest version and reinstall the latest app, note to do a backup if there is something you need on the app before your reinstallation. See if it helps.
2017-12-21
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
United States

I managed to sort out the DJI Refresh issue. After a chat session, I sent an email to the refresh group with a screen capture of my issue. They created an order for me and I was able to complete the purchase.

With my home WiFi; Once I start the Mavic, I go no longer reach the wireless router, everyone’s iPhones , iPads even the amazon Alexa can no longer talk to the wireless router. Turn off the Mavic and every thing is fine again. Wired devices are fine of course, it’s just the wireless.

Not that concerned, don’t plan to fly in the house, just setting up. Still haven’t flown, very cold and wet at the moment in the nort east. I need to put my big boy pants on and just go do it.

Harry
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules