Why Would I Need The Ground Station?
2539 4 2014-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dekelkabeli
lvl.2

Israel

Hey my name is Dekel and i wanted to know why do you need the ground station ?
2014-9-18
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

It's not been exploited to its full potential with the necessary features to make it a good tool for tasks like mapping and fly-by videos.
There are still a few lingering bugs also...
Other than the experience of near autonomous flight, it is not much more than a curiosity...
2014-9-18
Use props
tzanampeths
lvl.1

Greece

One other benefit might be that you may fly the MC beyond the RC's reach AND get it back.[edit] Plus you may have a smoke! hoho
2014-9-18
Use props
franz.carl
New

United States

I use the Ground Station on my Phantom 1.5 as a volunteer photographer for local conservation groups.  For example, I just spent several days filming the restoration of a salmon stream.  The project manager was absolutely delighted with the footage and told me, "There's never been anything like this before!"  I was able to document the day-by-day work and provide visual verification that it was being done according to the design.  It is not easy, if even possible, to closely monitor such a major restoration project covering many acres from the ground.

There are many other ways in which I've used the Ground Station -- an excellent add-on for serious photographers, one that is bound to get even better.
2014-9-18
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

TJ you are right and I believe it would be very useful to do a "fly by" of me on my motorcycle while I am riding through it's "fly by" route.
2014-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules