Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggle RE and Flight Data
2408 16 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I am piloting the Spark using the DJI Goggles, will the Goggles record the flight data? I ask because as soon as you sync the Goggle to the RC via OTG, the WiFi connection drops between the RC and smart device, which subsequently means that no flight data gets recorded to the DJI Go app. Not a fan of losing flight data...

Look forward to hearing from you!

DocQuicksand
Aero-Drone Imagery
www.aerodroneimagery.com
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Doc, yes, the flight records will be saved in Goggles, but customers cannot check the flight records, which can only be uploaded to the server and be reviewed by our engineers at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-22
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-22 02:05
Hi Doc, yes, the flight records will be saved in Goggles, but customers cannot check the flight records, which can only be uploaded to the server and be reviewed by our engineers at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am hoping that you guys are coming up with a solution for this? Some of us rely on flight data, especially those of us who are FAA Remote Pilots. We have to keep meticulous records of our flights and have to be ready to turn that dat over if asked to do so.
2017-12-22
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-22 07:26
I have made this request multiple times but will ask again with the issue of flight records being stored to the goggles issue:

Please add an option to the Assistant where we can connect goggles and/or aircraft & Sync the onboard black box stored records to our online flight records.  This would be a great help to goggle users as well as those of us who fly with third party apps like Litchi.  Thank you!

You like some DJI Phantom's, dont you?
2017-12-22
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-22 07:26
I have made this request multiple times but will ask again with the issue of flight records being stored to the goggles issue:

Please add an option to the Assistant where we can connect goggles and/or aircraft & Sync the onboard black box stored records to our online flight records.  This would be a great help to goggle users as well as those of us who fly with third party apps like Litchi.  Thank you!

I will keep bugging them about it as well. It's kind of stupid that store the flight data, but do not give us "customers" the option to use that data. Do you use the Airdata UAV as well?
2017-12-22
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-22 08:40
Indeed I do love my Phantoms!

My father really enjoys his as well. Just turned him on to Litchi, think he is going to fly his first mission tomorrow...
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2017-12-22 06:56
I am hoping that you guys are coming up with a solution for this? Some of us rely on flight data, especially those of us who are FAA Remote Pilots. We have to keep meticulous records of our flights and have to be ready to turn that dat over if asked to do so.

I fully understand your request, we will forward it to our engineers for consideration, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-23
Use props
Sjd666 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-23 05:15
I fully understand your request, we will forward it to our engineers for consideration, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I’m having the same problem with my crystal sky disconnecting from the remote control

2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sjd666 1 Posted at 2017-12-25 13:11
I’m having the same problem with my crystal sky disconnecting from the remote control

https://youtu.be/b7sldYuH3Ik

Hello Sir, please note the WIFI and OTG cannot be used at the same time.
When you plug OTG cable, the wifi between Spark and CrystalSky would be disconnected.
If you would like to connect CrystalSky and Goggles, we recommend to use HDMI cable, ''HDMI output'' must be enable in CrystalSky APP.
Thanks for the understanding.
2017-12-26
Use props
Sjd666 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

According to your tech department who I emailed before I pitched the goggles you can connect both.

> Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
>
> We appreciate the time that you provided to us. Rest assured that we will assist you and provide the necessary answer to your queries.
>
> With regards to your concern, DJI Goggles RE cannot link to the Spark wirelessly However, you can get a Micro USB OTG cable which you can connect to the remote controller and for the connection of the Crystalsky to the remote controller is via Wifi.

If I had known this before I wouldn’t of purchased the goggles.
2017-12-26
Use props
Blazetamer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6053 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-23 05:15

Any update to how/ when we will be able to get OUR flight data from the DJI Goggles, I really hate to think I spent this kind of $ on a device I cant get information from....
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Blazetamer Posted at 2018-9-3 15:27
Any update to how/ when we will be able to get OUR flight data from the DJI Goggles, I really hate to think I spent this kind of $ on a device I cant get information from....

Hi Blazetamer, sorry that the flight records on Goggles still cannot be reviewed by customers, if you are referring to Mavic Pro, when you connect to the mobile device and the Goggles at the same time, the flight records will be saved in the mobile device, then pilots can check on them.
2018-9-4
Use props
Blazetamer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6053 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-4 02:26
Hi Blazetamer, sorry that the flight records on Goggles still cannot be reviewed by customers, if you are referring to Mavic Pro, when you connect to the mobile device and the Goggles at the same time, the flight records will be saved in the mobile device, then pilots can check on them.

Having both the mobile device and goggles online at the same time is kind of redundant most time.
There is simply no reason not to allow the flight records to be accessible to us when using only the goggles,, its the same data we can get from the mobile device so there is no reason not to allow us access. It is a simple request and its not like the software and tech is not already in place. From a software programming standpoint, by " default" it should be accessible ,one would need to purposely block access, so this makes no sense whatsoever. Please pass this on to whatever escalation team would be appropriate and we will await another update forthwith.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Blazetamer Posted at 2018-9-4 18:20
Having both the mobile device and goggles online at the same time is kind of redundant most time.
There is simply no reason not to allow the flight records to be accessible to us when using only the goggles,, its the same data we can get from the mobile device so there is no reason not to allow us access. It is a simple request and its not like the software and tech is not already in place. From a software programming standpoint, by " default" it should be accessible ,one would need to purposely block access, so this makes no sense whatsoever. Please pass this on to whatever escalation team would be appropriate and we will await another update forthwith.

We understand your concern and sorry for the inconvenience caused, your need will be transferred to our engineers for consideration, hope it will be accessible in the future.
2018-9-8
Use props
djiuser_ECOyhSMsxSPJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44357 ft
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-4 02:26
Hi Blazetamer, sorry that the flight records on Goggles still cannot be reviewed by customers, if you are referring to Mavic Pro, when you connect to the mobile device and the Goggles at the same time, the flight records will be saved in the mobile device, then pilots can check on them.

Can we access our flight data from our goggles yet?  it's 2019 now
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_ECOyhSMsxSPJ Posted at 7-9 02:21
Can we access our flight data from our goggles yet?  it's 2019 now

Hi there, it is still not available for end users, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-7-10
Use props
chips34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73553 ft
United States

2020 and still can't get it.....my drone dropped from the sky and i can't get the info unless i pay $65 for them to look into the data..
2020-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules