3076 10 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
REZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68885 ft
United States

Greetings, all.
Tried out pano shooting with the the V 01.04.0000 firmware today for the first time. Wind was variable 5-10mph from the south, and so I was not sure if it would work, but the internal stitching looked good on the camera screen. Does the DJI GO software save a stitched pano file somewhere? I had no luck getting Photoshop to stitch a 180 pano from the raw images. The resulting files was a few hundred megabytes, but was not the least bit pretty.

So, my question is about how to stitch panos shot with the MavicPro. How are you doing it?
2017-12-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you use Microsoft Windows, You might try Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) that can be downloaded from here->

Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) Download (32-bit & 64-bit versions)
2017-12-21
Use props
REZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68885 ft
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-12-21 12:59
If you use Microsoft Windows, You might try Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) that can be downloaded from here->

Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) Download (32-bit & 64-bit versions)

Alas, I am exclusively Mac-based. Photoshop does well with my other pano projects -- even with files from 20yrs ago, but I am not acquainted with the way that Mavic shoots its pattern. Perhaps there's another plug-in, or just a way to tap into what the DJI GO app is doing. An export button I might have missed???
2017-12-21
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

In the Go4 app you can press the 'play' button in the bottom right corner - looks similar to the YouTube logo.

From there, you can view the pano. The first time you view the pano, it will be stitched.

When you view the pano, you can download it to your phone.

Hope this helps...
2017-12-21
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can download DJI Media Maker from this page; there's a MAC version.
https://www.dji.com/osmo/info#downloads
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, like CycleParadise mentioned on 4#, you can stitch the pano on the playback button, if you had stitched the Pano on the DJI GO 4 app, you can view it in the Editor, then you can go to the Editor to save it on your local album.
BTW, if you are going to save a Sphere pano to the local, it will be saved as a plan, you can only view the Sphere on the DJI GO Editor. You can upload it to Skypixel first and share the link with others.
Thanks.
2017-12-21
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

If you want a really quick way to save a sphere, just make sure you stitch it in the DJI Go 4 editor and then view the sphere. It will be slowly rotating so wait until it rotates to the way you want it then tap on the sphere so that it fills the screen then take a screenshot. I assume you are using an IOS device so if you have icloud turned on then it will just transfer the sphere to your Mac. As the screenshot is a photo, you can then edit it if you wish.
2017-12-21
Use props
tesohn
lvl.1
Philippines

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-21 22:31
If you want a really quick way to save a sphere, just make sure you stitch it in the DJI Go 4 editor and then view the sphere. It will be slowly rotating so wait until it rotates to the way you want it then tap on the sphere so that it fills the screen then take a screenshot. I assume you are using an IOS device so if you have icloud turned on then it will just transfer the sphere to your Mac. As the screenshot is a photo, you can then edit it if you wish.

thanks nice idea
2018-5-19
Use props
phil_r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65190 ft
Australia

Have a look at Affinity Photo for Mac and PC. They have a free trial from the Affinity website and over 200 videos on how to do things. The panorama stitching method is very simple and gives great results. You can download their specific how to video on that alone if you like.  It stitches both RAW and other formats and you can output to whatever format you like. Recommended.

http://www.serif.com/

and then click the link to the Affinity site.

2018-5-19
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

RollWorld is a decent free app for editing 360 panoramas and tiny sphere photos once you have saved them from the DJI app.
2018-5-19
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-21 19:06
Hi, like CycleParadise mentioned on 4#, you can stitch the pano on the playback button, if you had stitched the Pano on the DJI GO 4 app, you can view it in the Editor, then you can go to the Editor to save it on your local album.
BTW, if you are going to save a Sphere pano to the local, it will be saved as a plan, you can only view the Sphere on the DJI GO Editor. You can upload it to Skypixel first and share the link with others.
Thanks.

Thanks for the info. Thor
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules