162012 162012 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72598 ft
Australia

Hi,

I was using Sport mode previously on my Spark, but now it wont activate. It keeps popping up on the screen and saying "Intelligent Flight Modes have not been enabled. Enable this option in the Main Controller Settings if needed" *see screen shot) However intelligent flight modes are activated and working. I used tap fly in the same flight and used some quickshots too. What is going wrong? It appears that the drone is locked in P mode, but I cat work out how to change it.

TIA
Jeremy
Screenshot_20171221-202420.png
2017-12-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

If you are seing the screen below in your GO 4, it means that you are using an OTG cable. That menu is for Mavic and invalid for Spark. If Intelligent Flight Modes are enabled there as on the screenshot below, Sports mode will not work. Some are reporting that Sports mode even doesn't work for them even if the Intelligent Flight Modes are disabled in that menu. This I have not yet tested myself.

2017_11_01_10_43_07.jpg
2017-12-21
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-21 15:10
If you are seing the screen below in your GO 4, it means that you are using an OTG cable. That menu is for Mavic and invalid for Spark. If Intelligent Flight Modes are enabled there as on the screenshot below, Sports mode will not work. Some are reporting that Sports mode even doesn't work for them even if the Intelligent Flight Modes are disabled in that menu. This I have not yet tested myself.

I did briefly use the OTG cable and may have turned that setting off while in there as I couldn't get gesture mode to work with the OTG. Then I noticed the flight telemetry was missing with the OTG cable so stopped using it. I will reconnect and see what the setting is set to. Thanks for you reply.
2017-12-21
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-21 15:10
If you are seing the screen below in your GO 4, it means that you are using an OTG cable. That menu is for Mavic and invalid for Spark. If Intelligent Flight Modes are enabled there as on the screenshot below, Sports mode will not work. Some are reporting that Sports mode even doesn't work for them even if the Intelligent Flight Modes are disabled in that menu. This I have not yet tested myself.

It was the setting you said, but the opposite. You have to have that setting *enabled* for sport mode to work. I had inadvertently turned it off while I was experimenting with the OTG cable and when the cable was disconnected the setting was invisible (as you indicated).

I just reconnected the cable and toggled to setting to on. Then I disconnected the cable and went out and flew successfully in sport mode.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-21 18:21
It was the setting you said, but the opposite. You have to have that setting *enabled* for sport mode to work. I had inadvertently turned it off while I was experimenting with the OTG cable and when the cable was disconnected the setting was invisible (as you indicated).

I just reconnected the cable and toggled to setting to on. Then I disconnected the cable and went out and flew successfully in sport mode.

Glad you solve the problem. I would recommend you use wifi connection instead as it is more stable. If you encounter any problem, please contact us.
2017-12-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-21 18:21

I just reconnected the cable and toggled to setting to on. Then I disconnected the cable and went out and flew successfully in sport mode.

Yes, that is it.
The main switch on the right of the red circle in Watchbergers picture need to be GREEN, otherwise our Sport mode switch is disabled!
2017-12-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-21 20:09
Yes, that is it.
The main switch on the right of the red circle in Watchbergers picture need to be GREEN, otherwise our Sport mode switch is disabled!

And I believe the OTG cable has to be disconnected for Sports mode to work, is that correct?
2017-12-21
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-21 23:03
And I believe the OTG cable has to be disconnected for Sports mode to work, is that correct?

I used sports-mode with my spark always with otg-connected.
2017-12-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Nope
Just half an hour ago, I flew in sport  and otg mode.
Without otg you dont even see this option/switch
(I got told;-)
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-22 00:58
Nope
Just half an hour ago, I flew in sport  and otg mode.
Without otg you dont even see this option/switch

Thank you for the clarification. Since I normally do not use Sports mode I have never really tested this switch in the App.
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

xfirf_ Posted at 2017-12-22 00:05
I used sports-mode with my spark always with otg-connected.

Thank you, as already mentioned in my last post I normally don't use Sports mode and that's why I have not really cared to find out. But I use(d) OTG of course.
2017-12-22
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 19:51
Glad you solve the problem. I would recommend you use wifi connection instead as it is more stable. If you encounter any problem, please contact us.

I find the video very unstable with wifi. It is the worst thing about the drone. Sometimes it is ok, but most of the time it is very choppy and laggy and the phone periodically loses connection to the remote.
2017-12-22
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 02:09
Thank you, as already mentioned in my last post I normally don't use Sports mode and that's why I have not really cared to find out. But I use(d) OTG of course.

I use sports mode to reach the points where I want to take pictures faster (so just heading towards, no curves) and then I turn it off and fly slower to have more control.
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

xfirf_ Posted at 2017-12-22 02:19
I use sports mode to reach the points where I want to take pictures faster (so just heading towards, no curves) and then I turn it off and fly slower to have more control.

Yes, that's a good technique when your "target" is a bit further away.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-22 02:12
I find the video very unstable with wifi. It is the worst thing about the drone. Sometimes it is ok, but most of the time it is very choppy and laggy and the phone periodically loses connection to the remote.

What is the firmware of your drone? Please try to change a mobile device. Please ensure that most channels are green. And fly in a place without interference. Do not shield the antenna and put it in the right position.
2017-12-25
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-25 02:59
What is the firmware of your drone? Please try to change a mobile device. Please ensure that most channels are green. And fly in a place without interference. Do not shield the antenna and put it in the right position.

Done it all, except change device. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a new phone because your android software is poor.

Firmware is the latest. I was flying out in the middle of nowhere, very low chance for interference.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-27 22:17
Done it all, except change device. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a new phone because your android software is poor.

Firmware is the latest. I was flying out in the middle of nowhere, very low chance for interference.

Please ensure that you download the latest version of app. You can try to clean up the memory of your devices. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-29
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977103 ft
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 19:51

This you didn't mean in real ?  WIFI more stable than OTG ? Never ever ... WIFI has high Delay is laggy and worst is disconnections. All this  never happend with OTG.

Tested with 3 Mobile Device - all the same laggy thing. This is not Related to Devices, this is related to WIFI and the regulatory in the EU

To be honest, the only way for a stable connection is OTG. And Sport Mode and all the other things works well.

My Combination: Moto G2 , NO SIM Card, No APPS - only used for Flying. So completely optimized for that Flight Operations. OTG Kabel, Remote Controll, Spark on latest Firmware 0900, DJI GO 4.1.14. All works fine.  I also see Battery, GPS and so on on the Display ... all works as expected. No lags, no disconnects.

Will never again use that Crappy WIFI Connection.
2017-12-29
Use props
AC74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1775 ft
Netherlands

Hi there, back on-topic...

I can't get my Spark into sport mode. It keeps on stating: Intelligent Flight Modes have not been enabled. Enable this option in the main controller settings if needed

I have uninstalled the apps on 2 android phones and 2 iPads., I have latest firmware on the spark. I have called the helpdesk, but they didn't get it working too. (I should calibrate, which I did...)

By the way, I have never been able to fly in sports mode yet...

ANY IDEAS?
2018-2-12
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I use Otg cable and fly in sports mode didn’t have any issues.
2018-2-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 02:06
Thank you for the clarification. Since I normally do not use Sports mode I have never really tested this switch in the App.

I totally agree that sticking to the (P)ension mode is very wise and responsible choice above some age threshold.
2018-2-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-12 11:15
I totally agree that sticking to the (P)ension mode is very wise and responsible choice above some age threshold.

you have nailed it!
2018-2-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

You need to activate the Intelligent Flight Mode in the setting screen.  Should work after this has been enabled.
2018-2-12
Use props
AC74
lvl.1
Netherlands

Nope sorry guys, No luck. There is simply no switch for the intelligent flight modes. Although all the intelligent flights modes like tap fly, active track, tripod, quickshot DO work...

I have made a screenmovie in which all settings can be seen. Please check it and advice on the settings I should change...  

SCREENMOVIE ALL SETTING IN FLIGHT
2018-2-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Multiple flight modes you need to look for
Advanced settings and OTG cable, perhaps!

2018-2-14
Use props
Kidologist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4415722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sport Mode on Spark works GREAT in OTG (cable connection) I won't fly without OTG as WiFi has lots of intermitten issues, but OTG made them all vanish, and I always use Sport Mode to get to where I want to film, then go out of it, and return in Sport. LOVE my Spark!
2018-2-14
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Australia

AC74 Posted at 2018-2-14 10:20
Nope sorry guys, No luck. There is simply no switch for the intelligent flight modes. Although all the intelligent flights modes like tap fly, active track, tripod, quickshot DO work...

I have made a screenmovie in which all settings can be seen. Please check it and advice on the settings I should change...  

the setting wont appear unless you have the otg cable connected
2018-2-14
Use props
AC74
lvl.1
Netherlands

On both OTG and WIFI  I get only one setting under Advanced Settings... SENSOR STATE. In that menu it only concern IMU and compass.

2018-2-14
Use props
AC74
lvl.1
Netherlands

YESSS,

Double check in flight showed that the advanced setting with OTG had the missing setting! It went into sport mode after switching the software function and afterwards the hardware button on the remote. Flew only 10 meters, it is dark outside now, can't see the trees.

Thanks, solved

2018-2-14
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

AC74 Posted at 2018-2-14 11:42
YESSS,

Double check in flight showed that the advanced setting with OTG had the missing setting! It went into sport mode after switching the software function and afterwards the hardware button on the remote. Flew only 10 meters, it is dark outside now, can't see the trees.

Glad to hear you solved the issue.  Simple fix yet a frustrating one to solve.
2018-2-14
Use props
fans46271e46
lvl.1
Canada

hi everybody same problem for me inteligent mode disable and only gps mode working du by otg cable cause a bug
but i found a quick solution for fix it i have connect my spark with litchi app after reset default setting on litchi the sports mode is back so i disconnect litchi turn off spark and remote et turn it on and reconnect with DJI GO and sports mode work perfectly now!
2018-3-5
Use props
Newtothegame
lvl.1
Flight distance : 662690 ft
Australia

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-22 02:12

Are you using a Samsung or android phone? I have found that using my GFs Iphone solves this issue.
2018-5-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Newtothegame Posted at 2018-5-10 20:28
Are you using a Samsung or android phone? I have found that using my GFs Iphone solves this issue.

Thanks for the info. How all other android users can get your Gf's iPhone, now?
2018-5-10
Use props
Zluka
New
Flight distance : 197 ft
Ukraine

Hello comunit
I have a small problem, I can not turn on sports mode.
On the remote control I turn on, and the application writes "intelligent flight modes have not been enabled..."
and from the application missing the menu item "Enable Multiple Flight Mode"
reinstalled the app, dumped the settings on the controller and the spark, all again connected, did not help (((
what happened?

2018-5-25
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15988 ft

United States

I have the same issue
2018-6-4
Use props
P0
New

United Kingdom

Ac74. Did you ever resolve this? I'm in exact same position as you
2018-9-19
Use props
Robert Jamieson
New

Australia

So to just to clarify, the missing settings only show while flying? I’m having the same problem
2019-1-28
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Australia

Robert Jamieson Posted at 1-28 16:52
So to just to clarify, the missing settings only show while flying? I’m having the same problem

The missing setting is only visible when connected to your remote control using an OTG cable.
2019-1-28
Use props
Robert Jamieson
New

Australia

Noikmeister Posted at 1-28 20:40
The missing setting is only visible when connected to your remote control using an OTG cable.

I used the OTG cable with my iPhone to no avail.
Still no spots mode or option to change settings?
2019-1-29
Use props
skippy1331
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2213077 ft
Australia

Yeah having same problems here. What the....
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules