Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to adjust Mavic so that it stops slowly and not snappy?
1552 6 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ExFlvpT
lvl.1

Australia

I need to make the Mavic slowly stop once I release the joystick instead of stopping suddenly so that my footage looks better.
I have tried to do this manually with the joystick but failed. I want the Mavic to settle smoothly into a stop and not the gimbal.

Is there an adjustment to make this happen?

Thanks.

2017-12-21
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

slowly release the joystick to slow the drone, dont just let the joystick go. like braking to a stop in your car
2017-12-21
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Agree with @TruGreen... Slowly move the joystick back to the center position. Might take some practice but you'll get the hang of it.
2017-12-21
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

There are serval ways to do this.
You can change the way the controller handles the drone in settings, gimbal settings.
Check out this thread. https://forum.dji.com/thread-93314-1-1.html
2017-12-21
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

Agree with the above. It's important that you learn to fly the aircraft properly. The sticks are not on/off switches. Practice and get the feel of the aircraft and how it accelerates and decelerates to obtain your desired outcome. You shouldn't be just letting go of the stick to stop.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, you may get smooth video by releasing the joystick slowly. Alternatively, you can adjust the sensitivity from here: Main Controller Settings>Advanced Settings. I'd suggest to do more practice before changing the default settings.
2017-12-21
Use props
toofly
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks all for the replies. Apparently the cinematic mode is what I could consider.

I have tried using the joystick, but I can't get that sort of easing into a stop motion. I just need a bit of help at the end of the motion. I can slow down to it, but not execute the easing stop properly.

I prefer how with the gimbal. there is an easing you can set with the settings.

Which setting would it be that will apply a sort of easing once the joystick is fully center.
2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules